WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey goesbang down at magpie land we are looking pretty good we have picked up 5 from Westbourne and had a few from Glenorden have a look.and for all those teams you want to know about does it matter how they are going(hope they are struggling) we need a few side to beat this year.

I know a few blokes from the Westbourne Warriors... any names on them recruits.

I know a few blokes from the Westbourne Warriors... any names on them recruits.

Nah sorry goesbang cant name any of them just in case you want to steal them and take them down to the Glengala for few beers.We need a few drinking partners aswell because we dont have any one no more.our number drinker left the club a few years ago I think he went to the Glengala aswell

All the Nth Footscray boys on here.... I'm sure you have all been reading the great reports that Whippetty boy has been providing ... You may have noticed that he mentioned the fact that you don't have a bench for visitors. Whats with that?? Surely you could get something done about that.... at the very least a few chairs for the opposition to sit on would be nice.

Dekkaroo, I am sure that you are a man of influence around the place. Any chance you could work on that??

Hey goesbang down at magpie land we are looking pretty good we have picked up 5 from Westbourne and had a few from Glenorden have a look.and for all those teams you want to know about does it matter how they are going(hope they are struggling) we need a few side to beat this year.

Sorry I am still trying to get my head around Laverton and Star joined together.

It actually does matter how the other teams are going because guess what this is a footy chat site about division two.

Sorry I am still trying to get my head around Laverton and Star joined together.

It actually does matter how the other teams are going because guess what this is a footy chat site about division two.

Yeah good point you want to know how other sides are going but down at magpie land we not really worried.We are looking to strenghten our under18s coming up and then when we are a better side we will worry but when your a finals team like Albanvale,West Footscray and Deer Park you start looking at how they are going because as a finals team you want to be better then them from the year before.And what do you mean get your head around laverton star will here is a tip get your hand off it and let a bit of blood flow get to it and you will soon get it

Anyone got any info on some of the teams that never getmuch of a mention on here:

Gladstone Park
Braybrook
North Sunshine
Brunswick

and Unit27 got any names on those recruits at the Magpies?

we (braybrook) are hoping to continue in 07' where we left off in 06'. as most know, our club imploded on the eve of round 1 last year and we didnt really get something resembling a full and settled side until mid way though the season. once that happend we performed fairly well beating coburg, wyndhemvale and pushing wests and albanvale.

had mixed numbers at training so far ranging from mid 20's a week ago, to only 15 last night. working very hard on fitness and match simulation as this area was a weakness for us in 2006. couple of new players at training but the majority of the team is the same as last season.

have 3 praco's lined up with the first against westbourne in mid march.

all in all things looking good for a better start to 07' than what happend in 06'

we (braybrook) are hoping to continue in 07' where we left off in 06'. as most know, our club imploded on the eve of round 1 last year and we didnt really get something resembling a full and settled side until mid way though the season. once that happend we performed fairly well beating coburg, wyndhemvale and pushing wests and albanvale.

had mixed numbers at training so far ranging from mid 20's a week ago, to only 15 last night. working very hard on fitness and match simulation as this area was a weakness for us in 2006. couple of new players at training but the majority of the team is the same as last season.

have 3 praco's lined up with the first against westbourne in mid march.

all in all things looking good for a better start to 07' than what happend in 06'
Is Pearce going around again?

All the Nth Footscray boys on here.... I'm sure you have all been reading the great reports that Whippetty boy has been providing ... You may have noticed that he mentioned the fact that you don't have a bench for visitors. Whats with that?? Surely you could get something done about that.... at the very least a few chairs for the opposition to sit on would be nice.

Dekkaroo, I am sure that you are a man of influence around the place. Any chance you could work on that??

I have raised the issue at our recent comittee meeting... i am sure we will have one errected come round 1.

I knew I would get some results by going straight to the TOP!!

Cheers Dekkaroo

Banger, your club seems to have picked up a number of ex-central altona players. How have they fitted in? I hope that your club doesn't incurr the same misfortune as other clubs who have taken in mass numbers from a exciled club. West Newport , Newport , Central Altona and to a lessor degree Parkside have all benifited at one time or another by mass numbers of players walking in and then walking back out, with little left to show for the exercise. Whats your thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Daniel Mitchell is prob wanting to leave Coburg Districts, he'll be a huge loss.

He's prob the best ruckman in the comp and grabs everything in the air..... On top of the other blokes they've lost thats a big out.

Banger, your club seems to have picked up a number of ex-central altona players. How have they fitted in? I hope that your club doesn't incurr the same misfortune as other clubs who have taken in mass numbers from a exciled club. West Newport , Newport , Central Altona and to a lessor degree Parkside have all benifited at one time or another by mass numbers of players walking in and then walking back out, with little left to show for the exercise. Whats your thoughts?

Happened at the start of last year with Braybrook as well, where the players from Centrals walk out on them and went bacl there, which in the end was the begin of the end.
Also afew years ago Nth Footscray had a few of that group playing for them as well. Maybe asked Dekka what his thought are when they came and lefted the club.
I know of one player miss out on a ressies granny cause 1 of them threatened to walk out of the club if his brother didnt play, club gave in and played his brother.

Thats a good point. I think the key is being able to intergrate the new players into your own clubs culture... make sure they are part of the club and not a smaller group within the club. I know that the guys at Heights are good at that so that should help.

I think that the problem at Centrals was lack of leaders.... most of them are good blokes but when one goes off the others are easily led. The leadership at Heights is strong and disciplined so hopefully they also follow that lead.

Also important that they are treated equally. No use letting them come across and putting them on warnings... Once these guys sign the clearance they are 100% Sunshine Heights. If they play up they will get a kick up the arse just the same as Greto Weston Mizzi or any other player.

As far as I am aware there are 5 from Centrals last year.

Heard Daniel Mitchell is prob wanting to leave Coburg Districts, he'll be a huge loss.

He's prob the best ruckman in the comp and grabs everything in the air..... On top of the other blokes they've lost thats a big out.

Mate he is not even the best ruckmen at COBURG!!!

Thats bad for the districts though as I beleive there Kehagius may also be doubtful through injury.

Very valid point 1’s good. At North Footscray we had a few players from a couple of these clubs and they can create damage. It is not necessarily always the players themselves, but also their friends and family members.

Who needs the hassle? For example, Faisal may be a top bloke but what about his mates or acquaintances that come and watch? Or decide they want to join after a couple of rounds?

I am still bitter about what some of these people did to our club when they played for us and also resulting from an all in brawl last year involving Centrals. I know for a fact that Faisal and Centrals could not control these blokes. Good luck to Heights.

Very valid point 1’s good. At North Footscray we had a few players from a couple of these clubs and they can create damage. It is not necessarily always the players themselves, but also their friends and family members.

Who needs the hassle? For example, Faisal may be a top bloke but what about his mates or acquaintances that come and watch? Or decide they want to join after a couple of rounds?

I am still bitter about what some of these people did to our club when they played for us and also resulting from an all in brawl last year involving Centrals. I know for a fact that Faisal and Centrals could not control these blokes. Good luck to Heights.

How was the brawl Nths fault, the Centrals player hit the Umpire and the Nth guy ran in to protect the ump. Then thing just got out of hand from there, where the Centrals supporters started go nuts. That day will always be a sad day for Nth losing one of there greatest supporters DARKIE..

How was the brawl Nths fault, the Centrals player hit the Umpire and the Nth guy ran in to protect the ump. Then thing just got out of hand from there, where the Centrals supporters started go nuts. That day will always be a sad day for Nth losing one of there greatest supporters DARKIE..

I am talking about a brawl in 06 which was Centrals fault.

About 25 at training tonight. Good to hear about young Ash, I suppose all eyes will be on him once the real stuff starts to see how he goes. Who are your assistant coach/s and reserves coach at Nth.

wouldnt think all eyes will be on ash. hes just hoping 2 fit in the snr side nicely. dont think he would be expecting 2 stand out in any way!! but hope he does!

Think a brawl followed if my thinking is correct.

You are right Paul3232...
One of our players (big Dorey), went in to protect the umpire who was getting touched up. Then it started from there... I must say, i think they picked out the wrong bloke in Dorey to have a crack at... he can go the fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back