WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone, but I this is my understanding of a final five:

Round 1:
2 vs 3 - (Game A)
4 vs 5 - (Game B)
1 - BYE

Round 2:
1 vs Winner A - (Game C)
Loser A vs Winner B - (Game D)
Loser B out

Round 3:
Loser C vs Winner D - (Game E)
Winner C - BYE
Loser D out

Round 4:
Winner C vs Winner E

I think you are correct there Guy.

First week of finals likely to be;

West Footscray (break)

Sunshine Heights v North Footscray or Albanvale

North Footscray or Albanvale V Deer Park

Coburg need a miracle and North Sunshine aren't up to it...

I think the H&A season will finish like this;

West
Heights
North F
Cobras
Deer Park

Coburg need a miracle and North Sunshine aren't up to it...

Am I the only one who thinks that North Sunshine are in a as good a position at least as Deer Park to make the five? Granted they will get whipped by West in round 17, but they're only one game behind and they've got Brunswick and Wyndhamvale between now and then. Deer Park has Albanvale, West and Heights and you'd have to be pretty shocked if they got up and won any of those matches and there's a very real possibility that their percentage might take a big hit.:cool:

West Footscray
Sunshine Heights
North Footscray
Albanvale
North Sunshine

Brunswick are crap and cost us percentage today we were on our to a great win then, they cracked the S hits and walked off. I now say everyone should boycott going back in there after the games so they dont make a cent. SORE F**KING LOSERS

Funny you say this dekkatwo...

if you where there like you say you where, you would have known that all the boy went in to the rooms for a beer with the boys after the game.

It was the decision of Powers coach to walk off, as he felt that the umpires had done them wrong. The way i see it is that rules are rules and all clubs should abide by them. The players from both side had not ill feeling after the game and that was it done and dusted. There was no reason why the club should boycott Power and not drink in the rooms... thats rediculous.

Great call!!!!!! I can't believe he's won it once but twice, WHAT THE? Oh, well at least he knows he won it b/c he had big hair!!!!!

What have you done in you footy career d..khead, his got two comp medals more than you.
Will flog that crap team brunswick by aleast 15-20 goals tomorrow and show all you clowns were a real force this year.
Cant wait for the finals to show how far Nth have improved since you last played us..
Bring on tomorrow.[/quote]

well i actually won a couple with one in a premiership year and i've played a couple of seasons of VFL too boot, what about yourself big mouth?

What have you done in you footy career d..khead, his got two comp medals more than you.
Will flog that crap team brunswick by aleast 15-20 goals tomorrow and show all you clowns were a real force this year.
Cant wait for the finals to show how far Nth have improved since you last played us..
Bring on tomorrow.

come on man, ok ok he has won 2 comp b&fs thats a massive achievement, but honestly can u really say he deserved em?
i dont even think he is in the top 25 players in the comp.. same thing when he won the to medals.. thats just my opinion...[/quote]

Thank you Karim for backing us up on that one, i think we may have upset some1 from north!!!

Brunswick are crap and cost us percentage today we were on our to a great win then, they cracked the S hits and walked off. I now say everyone should boycott going back in there after the games so they dont make a cent. SORE F**KING LOSERS

i do agree with you there Dekka BUT now a days, how many teams go back and have a drink? when i've been down at west, the club rooms have been very bare after most games (obviously west v heights, should be taken out of that due to both clubs shit supporters on that day) and no before anyone jumps on the bandwagon to put there 2 cents in, i'm not blaming either clubs b/c at the end of the day the only people to miss were the players of both clubs to go and have a drink together after a hard thought match

come on man, ok ok he has won 2 comp b&fs thats a massive achievement, but honestly can u really say he deserved em?
i dont even think he is in the top 25 players in the comp.. same thing when he won the to medals.. thats just my opinion...

Thank you Karim for backing us up on that one, i think we may have upset some1 from north!!![/quote]

Dekkatwo was going well, I liked his work and what he was up to but he went too hard on his posts, which was his mistake. North players don't do that from what I have seen, so his alias was blown from there on in. He may have been at north at one point, but I'm fairly sure he isn't now. He might have just started at another club recently - is that right DekkaTwo???

This Dale Williams thing, Jesus, the kid won 2 B&F's. I don't understand how opposition players claim that he didn't deserve them unless they watched him all year? Sure every year the winner will have some debate surrounding it and Its your opinion, that's fine, but to say in a Div2 comp he wasn't in the top 25 in a year when he wins the comp medal is a very big call and to say he was a hack during that time is bordering on ridiculous. If he was a hack, and wins two of them, what does that make the rest of the comp's players and the whole umpiring fraternity's views on the games?

This Dale Williams thing, Jesus, the kid won 2 B&F's. I don't understand how opposition players claim that he didn't deserve them unless they watched him all year? Sure every year the winner will have some debate surrounding it and Its your opinion, that's fine, but to say in a Div2 comp he wasn't in the top 25 in a year when he wins the comp medal is a very big call and to say he was a hack during that time is bordering on ridiculous. If he was a hack, and wins two of them, what does that make the rest of the comp's players and the whole umpiring fraternity's views on the games?

I think that most FAIR minded people would agree with you on his ability... I certainly think that he has plenty of talent.... however I still stand by the fact that he lacks TICKER!!

I think that most FAIR minded people would agree with you on his ability... I certainly think that he has plenty of talent.... however I still stand by the fact that he lacks TICKER!!

played against him and seen him play many of times, never seen him play good.. thats y i dont rate him.. thats all..

can name 15 players off the top of my head who i rate higher then him..

to karim albanvale will never go forward when you have goose in your side like sammy the way he carries on is a discrace yous have a good young list in porters spotty ,formosa ,sirrianni,and now his younger brother jamie and yourself and to let sammy scream and carry on is just wrong do the wright thing and dump him

Hey i thought i'd put in my 2 cents on the williams debate i have to admit when i first followed a div2 wrfl club in 2004-2005 i remember thinking i wonder what this williams bloke is like as he had won 2 medals .

Well i did see him play and i was shocked at how a bloke who played like he did won a medal he was pretty ordinary just an average footballer imo:thumbsdown:

to karim albanvale will never go forward when you have goose in your side like sammy the way he carries on is a discrace yous have a good young list in porters spotty ,formosa ,sirrianni,and now his younger brother jamie and yourself and to let sammy scream and carry on is just wrong do the wright thing and dump him

i hate to break it to ya mate but he got dropped a few weeks back for carrying on, since he has been back he has been really good...

Heights showed a new found passion and purpose after our 2 hour team meeting on Tuesday night coming out and kicking 15 goals to none in the first quarter. I think what most don't realise is that we expected a flat patch mid year as most started training hard in the first week of November. If the flat patch is the worst we could get then there is room for optimism.

Of the 21 goals to half time Greto only had 1 which is a good sign. Demetriou was best on ground. The side will be strengthened next week with the return of Mallia, Weston, Roberson and Caruana all top 8 players. Looking forward to the clash with a rejuvinated Coburg and looking forward to the run home then the finals series.

I tell you what TD yours is not the only team playing with some purpose .

Districts are on fire i don't know what has happened down there but there is a vibe down at cole reserve at the moment that they can beat anyone on there day and and that losing will not be tolerated or simply looked over as it has in the past

Make no mistake districts HAVE learnt how to win , and yet how after last years finals and the last three weeks people still talk about them in the same sense as gladdy , magpies etc is a joke .

After speaking to a few of the boys after the match the signs are good if districts can keep the same team they have this year with only a couple moving on(people coming and going always a problem down there) and pick up a few more younger skilled players , they will shock a few next yr as well as the rest of this year.

Heights TD will have a game on their hands this week make no mistake about it Coburgs new found hunger and spirit against heights should make for a ripper this week I would say match of the round besides gladdy vs maggies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Districts are on fire i don't know what has happened down there but there is a vibe down at cole reserve at the moment that they can beat anyone on there day and and that losing will not be tolerated or simply looked over as it has in the past

Make no mistake districts HAVE learnt how to win , and yet how after last years finals and the last three weeks people still talk about them in the same sense as gladdy , magpies etc is a joke .

After speaking to a few of the boys after the match the signs are good if districts can keep the same team they have this year with only a couple moving on(people coming and going always a problem down there) and pick up a few more younger skilled players , they will shock a few next yr as well as the rest of this year.

Heights TD will have a game on their hands this week make no mistake about it Coburgs new found hunger and spirit against heights should make for a ripper this week I would say match of the round besides gladdy vs maggies

from what i remember u guys wernt that flash champ, yes u beat us i didnt see the 2nd half but i heard we threw the game away missing easy shots at goals.. but ill give uz credit u have been playing good footy, and knocked off a few good sides but i think it stops there i give u no chance what so ever in beating heights....

from what i remember u guys wernt that flash champ, yes u beat us i didnt see the 2nd half but i heard we threw the game away missing easy shots at goals.. but ill give uz credit u have been playing good footy, and knocked off a few good sides but i think it stops there i give u no chance what so ever in beating heights....

Missed shots, players out heard all the EXCUSES on this forum mate people on here are so good at having excuses some could make a living out of it and if we wern't that flash then why were you not winning ??????just not good enough ?????

Four points to districts and guess what no one gave them a shot the last 3 weeks so who gives a fat rats clacker .

Missed shots, players out heard all the EXCUSES on this forum mate people on here are so good at having excuses some could make a living out of it and if we wern't that flash then why were you not winning ??????just not good enough ?????

Four points to districts and guess what no one gave them a shot the last 3 weeks so who gives a fat rats clacker .

not making excuses, we played shit thats all... good luck against heights u will need it...

Don't worry we will be coming out like we are playing the best team in the world. Haven't seen us this pumped for a long time. Is number 36 playing, heard him mentioned a few times

Anyone heard anything on where Finals will be played?

Hey goesbang, WRFL had a meeting just last week in regards to possible grounds for div 2 finals. They had a meeting with Hobsons Bay council seeking premission to use Altonas ground, however the council rejected thier proposal.
Have heard a whisper that they may be played at Yarravilles ground and possibly Altonas second ground!!!!

Why did the coucil reject??? even thogh that is good news because Altona is a shocker for Finals... don't know one person that wants to play finals there.

Bring on Yarraville I say!!

Why did the coucil reject??? even thogh that is good news because Altona is a shocker for Finals... don't know one person that wants to play finals there.

Bring on Yarraville I say!!

I guess they dont want to over use the ground and ruin it.
I think the GF's will still be played Werribee...

thats the diffrence between albanvale and ur team champ, yep we play finals.... mayb next year hey

Hey not so quick Karim. They do make the finals only thing is it's every 6 or 7 years so roll on 2012. Go Coburg. They are known in football circles as 'the home and away Lions'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back