WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I've bitten my tongue long enough. Want to get this one in the public forum.

When Heights were discussing their situation at the start of the year with the league, the league were informed that not being able to field two sides each week was a distinct possibility. The league assured Heights that if that happened, the league would be there to support them.

Fast forward to the round against West Footscray and between injury, illness and people interstate and overseas, the club just couldn't get two sides on the park. A call was made to league HQ to discuss the likelihood of a forfeit and the league, to their credit, did offer some invaluable advice. Want to know what they suggested? Here it is, verbatim: "why don't you just make some calls and see if you can get some people to fill in".

GENIUS! Oh thank you WRFL for that wonderful advice. What would the club do without you?

Seriously, WTF?!

What has this got to do with div 3? Well it makes me sick to the stomach to know what our club went through, only to see a side that has played in 6 grand finals in 7 years get an armchair ride from the league. Nothing against the players or the coach at Parkside, but the bitter taste in my mouth is going to mean I will be cheering very loudly for whoever they face in the grand final.

Rant over

Actually I've bitten my tongue long enough. Want to get this one in the public forum.

When Heights were discussing their situation at the start of the year with the league, the league were informed that not being able to field two sides each week was a distinct possibility. The league assured Heights that if that happened, the league would be there to support them.

Fast forward to the round against West Footscray and between injury, illness and people interstate and overseas, the club just couldn't get two sides on the park. A call was made to league HQ to discuss the likelihood of a forfeit and the league, to their credit, did offer some invaluable advice. Want to know what they suggested? Here it is, verbatim: "why don't you just make some calls and see if you can get some people to fill in".

GENIUS! Oh thank you WRFL for that wonderful advice. What would the club do without you?

Seriously, WTF?!

What has this got to do with div 3? Well it makes me sick to the stomach to know what our club went through, only to see a side that has played in 6 grand finals in 7 years get an armchair ride from the league. Nothing against the players or the coach at Parkside, but the bitter taste in my mouth is going to mean I will be cheering very loudly for whoever they face in the grand final.

Rant over
Love it mate all fair statements but I reckon someone in the ranks will take you're posts down thay don't like hearing the truth ..

Seriously, WTF?!

I actually laughed out loud at this... and this is why.

In the pre season of 2009 when were were about to start our first year in Div 1 we were really struggling so I arranged a meeting with the league to let them know where we were at and see if they would be able to offer any assistance.

Get to the meeting and spell out where we are at (10 - 15 blokes at training and a total of 38 blokes that have trained). I was hoping that they could perhaps assist us with some sponsorship leads ideas..... something along those lines.

Suggestion from the league:
"Why dont you call the players that have not been training and let them know you are struggling and see if they want to come back"
gee what a great idea. Who would have ever thought of that!!

Keep in mind this was a different administration than is currently running the league but the same laughable response.

Sharks lost today because D.Hutch played with 2 acls, played on and had 25 and 1 but off his normal 40 and 3.

Hutch now counting the days until he gets his hands on that league b and f.. To join the wall at home with all his others.

This guy inspires me
Didn't think Hutchinson played yesterday.
From what I saw he might as well have had the week off.
Went to butter in an Elim final, really inspiring.

Hutcheson was very poor yesterday along with a few other boys that normally get a kick..
Just wasn't there day

heck me dead boys grow a set yeah s/l made the finals we didn't move the **** on why is it that the majority of people from north sunshine get sucked in on social media?? And on big footy also !!Not that hard to give a bloke a call or catch up for a froff to sort out shit it's putrid form from both ends jezza isn't mates with cam Alex etc move on that happens in life mates come and go!!Jezza left the club big deal that happens in local footy he wanted to try win a flag good on him for trying to do so the blokes 36 give him a spell!! This bullshit started due to stupid comments on here wake up to yaself lads everyone has a right to defend themselves but heck me dead this Garabge is pointless and na I'm not sticking up for jezza just over hearing/seeing this garbage enough is enough yeah

heck me dead boys grow a set yeah s/l made the finals we didn't move the **** on why is it that the majority of people from north sunshine get sucked in on social media?? And on big footy also !!Not that hard to give a bloke a call or catch up for a froff to sort out shit it's putrid form from both ends jezza isn't mates with cam Alex etc move on that happens in life mates come and go!!Jezza left the club big deal that happens in local footy he wanted to try win a flag good on him for trying to do so the blokes 36 give him a spell!! This bullshit started due to stupid comments on here wake up to yaself lads everyone has a right to defend themselves but heck me dead this Garabge is pointless and na I'm not sticking up for jezza just over hearing/seeing this garbage enough is enough yeah
Let me make it clear jezza will always be a friend but a little bit of banter especially when it's tongue in cheek is also ok this is not about defending anyone or justifying what is written on here most of it is garbage and there was nothing wrong with chasing success but should have been handled better by all parties in saying that the one's that are stirring will be the first to support if need be and l will leave it at that

Look I didn't have my best game but I cant win every game off my own boot?

Still would of had 28 and a goal but.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All right guyz after today's result the cobras are through to the granny I don't go for them but really hope thay get the job done and will be cheering them on over parkside hopefully everyone can get down there and get behind them against a team who derserves to lose another granny cobras will hopefully get the reward have the right blokes there for the right reasons and have been around the mark for so many years

All right guyz after today's result the cobras are through to the granny I don't go for them but really hope thay get the job done and will be cheering them on over parkside hopefully everyone can get down there and get behind them against a team who derserves to lose another granny cobras will hopefully get the reward have the right blokes there for the right reasons and have been around the mark for so many years
Couldn't agree more i will definently be down there cheering the Cobras on. I'm sure it's going to be a belter of a game

A) I never wanted to see Parkside fold, but they sold the WRFL out by deciept & deserve everything.

B) Albanvale blokes deserve it & if turn up committed, the best team (& moral justice) will be served.
Boys unfortunately we might be saying this about west Footscray from all reports they will not go up either,divi 3 might end up being divi 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back