• 7. Pinstriped (11) - Ben Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Duais (1) - Damien Oliver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenuous rankings after having a look at todays races

1. Fangirl - Has never raced beyond a mile in open grade and has to be a huge possibility Cotton Wool Waller just sets her for one of the mile races.
2. Alligator Blood - Ticked the 2000m box today by winning well. Form out of the race was questionable but we already know he has a high enough level at his best. As an on speed runner at the Valley will likely start favourite for mine.
3. Gold Trip - If he backs up I think he is the best horse but he will be sitting near last at the Valley and likely running up the back of them like last year.
4. Romantic Warrior - Not getting the juice in the price for his average first up run.
5. Mr Brightside - Has class but dont think he stays 2000m at all.

Confidence levels very low though and in such an open edition feels like we could get a Pinker Pinker, FOO, Shamus Award type winner

So you wouldnt take 100s a horse that’s going to jump single figures?

Interesting

Only to lay it all off. Huge fade if it does come up that short. It is on the exact same level as the other two who will be 30s+ if they line up

Have to cop huge unders now just because he hasn't had a chance to underperform like the others

Been mentioned numerous times he’ll be more suited to MV
all the decent opposition are falling away , if he did need that run and now he’s at fitness he’ll win
Vic Road only threat at this point

This just seems like its utterly made up.

There is nothing that ticks all the boxes:

RW - awful in Turnbull
AB - 2000m in a top class field?
Goldie - Valley can't be his track?
MR B - 2000m off a regression?
VR - runners he competes against flogged in King Charles
Fangirl - will it even run? coming off a mile run not 2000
Militarize - flogged in the Guineas

Been mentioned numerous times he’ll be more suited to MV
all the decent opposition are falling away , if he did need that run and now he’s at fitness he’ll win
Vic Road only threat at this point

Been mentioned by who numerous times? Whoever they are they are guessing as much as the next person.

Guessing that he needed the run too. The only evidence we have was that he rocked up and put in a B level performance

This just seems like its utterly made up.

There is nothing that ticks all the boxes:

RW - awful in Turnbull
AB - 2000m in a top class field?
Goldie - Valley can't be his track?
MR B - 2000m off a regression?
VR - runners he competes against flogged in King Charles
Fangirl - will it even run? coming off a mile run not 2000
Militarize - flogged in the Guineas

Militarize firmed 🤷‍♂️

Militarize firmed 🤷‍♂️

I assume that's just the AJ % leaving the market.

I know SYT won off a total boatie in the Guineas but FMD if Militarize turns that around to win I'll be glad to be leaving the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Militarize and Mr B pressing on

May as well, question marks on pretty much everything up top of the market - eg. RW (last start arguable flop), AB (?), GT (being able to round them up at MV), Fangirl (Waller), AJ (surely not now), LIM (needs to grow a leg after yesterday), Buckaroo (expect will skip, head to Champs Stakes), Vic Road (not seen).

Militarize will need to make his run early like Castelvechio to be a chance. Doesn't look to have the tactical speed to do a SYT or Shamus and lead

We know the 3yos in the cox plate are a total myth anyway. This crop has absolutely none of being at the pointy end

Sidenote , Gee in hindsight our 3yo are crap
Te Akau missed the boat , should have sent over Tokyo Tycoon aimed at 3yo races and get in light , maybe jag a place in a Cp like TAS did

AJ officially out

Season 9 Wow GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing WS Cox Plate 2023

Back