'X' Ellis to be the next Gun Hawk Midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

dorko1

Debutant
Jul 30, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The new role being given to Ellis shows his ball winning ability and providing him to mix it with the best in the middle and win the pilll.... Future Superstar for the Hawkers:thumbsu:

Ellis' problem is that he's not flashy like Dale Thomas & Scott Pendelbury. He's more your Gary Ayres type. Will play over 200 games for us and perhaps even captain the club one day.

Best game i have seen him play. Been a bit disapointed with him compared to M.Murphy nd Thomas, as he hasn't done that much really, but 2nite i was impressed.

Best game i have seen him play. Been a bit disapointed with him compared to M.Murphy nd Thomas, as he hasn't done that much really, but 2nite i was impressed.

Not fair to compare him with those two. He had injury issues in his first year, has a lot of physical development still in him and is playing for a team that is mighty hard to get into. I don't think the club would have expected to much out of him at this stage, he will be a star very soon.

Go the X Man.... very cool under pressure. Stronger than he looks. Tougher than he looks. Great disposal, what's not to like about this guy. I was critical at first, my tail is now between my legs (I'm aware that sounds a bit dodgy). :thumbsu:

Not fair to compare him with those two. He had injury issues in his first year, has a lot of physical development still in him and is playing for a team that is mighty hard to get into. I don't think the club would have expected to much out of him at this stage, he will be a star very soon.

Please post on our board more often. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best on ground for the Hawks, second Murphy and then Rioli - I think those three really stood up, i was impessed with cool hand Ellis and his tackles and spoils.

Murphy plaid really well and his decision making is awesome, you can see tonight why Clarko backs him, a couple of dummies he threw and then broke the line to get the ball out of defence as well as his pass to Roughie for his goal was awesome.

Rioli - winner of the car this year and the tackles (even the ones that weren't paid) were brilliant.

No way was Murphy BOG. He had a lot of the ball but I still get filled with butterflys whenever he has the pill in his palms.
Ellis was a gun tonight although 1 thing I noticed, he seemed to be second-guessing himself and didn't have the killer instinct...yet.

No way was Murphy BOG. He had a lot of the ball but I still get filled with butterflys whenever he has the pill in his palms.
Ellis was a gun tonight although 1 thing I noticed, he seemed to be second-guessing himself and didn't have the killer instinct...yet.

I didn't say Murphy was best on ground, I said he was second to Ellis.

You cant compare Ellis to Murphy and Thomas yet. People dont realise this is only his 2nd season of AFL footy. Give him time and you will see how good he is. Big pre-season this year consistant footy in 09, another big pre-season again. Then he will be 22 with about 50 games under him. Watch him dominate then.

Too many critersize him because he was taken pick 3 and expect him to come straight in and dominate. Just have patience people

Never really rated Ellis as a player much at all, and hadn't seen one good game from him yet, but in his biggest game to date he showed sensational composure and i thought along with Mitchell was clearly your best player last night. Players that step up in front of the big crowds are priceless.

If Buddy can get the radar right you guys have a huge show in September.:thumbsu:

This guy is going to be a superstar! really courageous, a younger version of Hodgey i reckon.. the thing i love about Xavier is his ability to get around his opponents, just looks so classy and composed when he has the ball, and on top of that his skills are siblime. Is really good to see him becoming the player we all knew he would!

Remove this Banner Ad

'X' Ellis to be the next Gun Hawk Midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back