'X' Ellis to be the next Gun Hawk Midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

The media might sit up and take notice, he may even get a mention in the paper this week!!

For a kid thats fairly light on, gee he can tackle. Looks like Cyril has been teaching him a thing or two on his tackling technique, very similar!

Gun.

Definitely the best game I have witnessed from him. I have seen patches of promise, but tonight was full of composure (except that handpass in front of goals), brains and skill. What better place to do it than in front of 86,000 on the biggest night of the year for us so far.

Have always thought this kid was a special talent and last night he provided it again. When teammates all around him were making crucial errors in the heat of the game, he was always so composed with the ball in his hands.

That baulk then perfect 50m pass to buddy in the last couple of mins (that bounced off buddys chest unfortuntately) highlighted what x is as a player. So calm in traffic or when under pressure but able crucial correct decions and execute them perfectly. Last night was one of the fires times ive seen him take players on and consistently baulk around players. I couple of times he danced around two players without raising a sweat. Really looks like a midfilder now.

Thought he played fantastically last night, was probably our BOG. Was hard at it all night and didnt shirk the issue. He looks to be a lot more confident than earlier the season, he is really backing himself in. Did some very smart things (the tap down to Changa on our F50 was quality), and applied great defensive pressure.

No question about him being in our best 22 now. :thumbsu:

He has shown fantastic courage, getting right into the action. All this when he still has alot of building up on his body to go.
His decision making is great....Hawk fans should be very happy, and the best is yet to come.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

'X' Ellis to be the next Gun Hawk Midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back