Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

What sort of injuries has he predominately had

Please don't say hammies or op

As others has mentioned it's mainly been his calves of late, but he has had trouble with most areas of his body to be honest, mainly foot, calves, groin and knees. I don't recall him doing a hammy but I may be wrong.

I really hope for his sake he gets a clear run at it, he deserves it. My worry is that after about 4-5 years now of post season surgeries (meaning little work done in pre seasons) and several injuries throughout the seasons will make it hard for him to return to what he was destined to become and that it may take him awhile or a good couple of months of footy to start showing his real talent and ability. So just be patient with him and give him time if he isn't exactly showing too much early on, I'm sure Simmo will know how to best handle him.

Btw, I believe Simpson was a great appointment as coach, he has a great footy brain and is great with developing young players. Hopefully it turns out well for you guys!

Great for depth at least, hopfully he gets a good run at it.
Glad to see us get another mid instead of chasing bootsma/med defender

What sort of injuries has he predominately had

Please don't say hammies or op

as stated elsewhere, originally foot, ankle and then calf injuries, then last year a medial ligament strain. as his injuries seem to be moving north you'd imagine hamstring is next.

seriously though, good pickup for nothing. well worth the punt.

Hmmm! Have to be some doubts re this guy given his medical history. Hope we aren't taking on a part time 'crock'.

Carter was pick 40 something, and I think fasolo was in the 50s so there is still some gold if you get it right
I agree.
Risks are high for a player that's in his mid 20's that's got a history of breaking down.
I would rather take a gamble on a kid taken late in the draft . Depends where your list is at.

We need bigger bodies in the middle, but also some class which we seriously lack ,
Worse case scenario he may not get to play many games but at least he can pass on a thing or two about midfield smarts( No offence to Pridda ) to the likes of Gaff & others.

I think he is being targeted as a science experiment for our medical department. I can't see him getting right for more than 5 games without breaking down. I wish him all the best if we get him though :thumbsu:

Who's putting him in there dream team next season? Will be cheap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can call him Xavi.
241_thumb_G_1334815375501.jpg

I think he is being targeted as a science experiment for our medical department. I can't see him getting right for more than 5 games without breaking down. I wish him all the best if we get him though :thumbsu:

He's our Brad Dick version 2.0, depth player... Well hopefully he gets a game

Great news on Ellis.

He's costing us nothing but a spot, if he doesn't come good, no biggie.

If he does, even for a few years....:)

I love a "nothing to lose" scenario.
Am I the only person who hears 'woohoo' in their head when reading ThePuma's posts at the moment?

"If he can get his body right"
"If he stays fit"

Sounds like the questions we had over Josh Kennedy when he came to us after Juddas left.

Yeah JK was quite injury prone at Carlton though Ellis seems to be injured a lot more. At 25/26 you'd think his body would get worse as he gets older? Worth a punt since he's a FA.

Yeah JK was quite injury prone at Carlton though Ellis seems to be injured a lot more. At 25/26 you'd think his body would get worse as he gets older? Worth a punt since he's a FA.

Exactly. He's not costing us anything, and as I said yesterday... if we think this year's draft is shallow then FA signings should be the way to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back