Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr X on Trade Radio now

- Fantastic club and great opportunity.
- Keen to get out of Victoria and get a new opportunity
- Was already coming to do a medical with us prior to Simpson getting appointed
- Will help Simmo implement parts of the game plan that have come from Hawthorn
- Fit and healthy now, body has let me down of late but really confident that injuries are behind me
- Looking forward to challenge of earning respect of new teammates and coaching staff
- Short term contract (1 year) with automatic triggers if his body allows him to play a certain number of games
- Thinks our midfield will go a long way forward under Simpson
- Looking forward to getting over there and getting into it

Some notes from interview:

- Confident he is over injuries and is ready for pre-season
- 1 year deal with trigger clause's in-case of injuries.
- Was talked too before Simmo reached the club.
- Said he can help Simmo get the message across regarding the game plan which he thinks will be part like Hawks.

Beaten to it!

I'm actually pretty happy we got him on a one year deal, give him a go, if his body goes then he gives it up and if he comes out better than expected then he gets more time, smart gamble :thumbsu:

very smart..from what i can gather if he has a full pre-season and starts the season well they can trigger an extra year to his contract. Simmo will know quite a bit about his situation .

G'day Eagles
Congrats on Xman, if he can get a clear run regarding injuries he is a great pickup for you
Classy skillful mid or half back flanker, and a ripper bloke to boot
Obviously you guys reckon you can fix his injury woes, and Simmo rates him, so it's a risk worth taking, as the rewards will be big if all goes well!
Clarko loved him, played him every opportunity, but unfortunately those opportunities were few and far between
Hope for X and you guys he gets better luck in the beautiful Perth sun, just make sure he covers himself in sunscreen, as a 3rd degree burn injury is about the only injury he hasn't had! :p
Best of luck to X and you guys in 2014!

(I take it Hawks are your second fav team due to GF result!) ;)

Speaking for myself, the Hawks are definitely my second favourite team. Thanks for smashing the purple pretenders!

What an underwhelming offseason this has been as a West Coast supporter. A soft, injury prone flanker is exactly what the team needs. That said, welcome to West Coast Mr. Ellis. I hope you find good fortune and health with this team.

I've never seen Ellis as a soft player. Brittle, but not soft.

Quality composed kicking is always welcome at the Eagles, I hope his injury problems are now behind him. That Freo eased off after a medical is a little concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one done this yet?

tumblr_inline_mh4x7hLpKi1rpbob3.jpg

Now all that needs to be done is the below gif to have Xavier's face instead of Homer's.

pic-MrX.gif

QS
pic-MrX.gif

You would have to think a large part of Ellis' worth is acting a player coach and being Simpon's man on the inside.

Hopefully he plays some good football for us too but I'm sure Simpon wants someone he can trust near the players.

You would have to think a large part of Ellis' worth is acting a player coach and being Simpon's man on the inside.

Hopefully he plays some good football for us too but I'm sure Simpon wants someone he can trust near the players.

I thought Simmon said he would only take a small part of Hawks game plan with him? If Ellis can stay fit then he will be a good acquisition. Has an excellent kick on him and goes hard.

Some sexy kicks are coming towards JK and Darls.

3.40pm: On Trade Radio, Eagles recruit Xavier Ellis says he has been given a one-year contract, with triggers for a second if his body holds up.
He says it got to the point at Hawthorn this year where he was avoiding being around the club because he was embarrassed about being injured all the time.
He wanted a fresh start in a new environment, where he didn't have the comfort of all his old friends, and had to prove himself to a whole new playing list.
And, he's confident his body won't let him down again, after managing only 16 senior games in his last three years at the Hawks.
"I'm 100 per cent confident that the body is fully repaired and ready to go," Ellis said.

"I'm pretty fit and healthy now - I've just had four or five weeks off, and I'm ready to get back into training.

"The body has let me down a few times of late, but I'm really confident that's behind me now and we can go onwards and upwards.

"I'm very confident in the level of football I can play at - I just need a consistent crack at it.

"I've got a lot to prove. I'm sure if I can get a pre-season under my belt and a clean run at it, I'll be able to play footy at a good level."

Ellis might also have given a tip on Fremantle's recruiting intentions, saying the Dockers had considered him, before deciding to go in a different direction with Colin Sylvia and "possibly Scott Gumbleton as well".

Yeah would be a big help to have a player familiar with the training drills and hawks gameplan that Simpson wants to use.

I've never seen Ellis as a soft player. Brittle, but not soft.

Quality composed kicking is always welcome at the Eagles, I hope his injury problems are now behind him. That Freo eased off after a medical is a little concerning.

Yeh he's not soft at all. I love how people see a slightly built guy who isn't an inside mid and immediately 'they're soft'

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back