Yarra Valley - Mountain District FL Forum 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The YVMDFL Needs You!!!

Life with footy does not have to end just because your playing days are over, in fact the game needs you like never before!

The Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League is recruiting for officials in the way of, Field, Boundary & Goal umpires, to ensure a great competition. Whatever your reasons - maintain fitness, being involved in the community, or just a love of the game - we would love to see you at our umpire training nights at the Knox athletic track (Mel Ref: 73 D7) on Wednesday nights (starting at 5.30pm). Any questions contact Steve Walter on 5961 5611 or 0408 997 005

From the Belgrave FC Internet Site;

The Belgrave Football Club is seeking netballers for this season.

Those interested please contact 0406753001 for more info.

Gembrook Cockatoo FC Practice Match Schedule is as follows;

Saturday March 21st
Gembrook-Cockatoo v St Francis Xavier Old Collegians Football Club @ Gembrook
U18’s – No game this week | Reserves – 12:15pm | Seniors – 2:10pm

Saturday March 28th
Gembrook-Cockatoo v Chirnside Park Football Club @ Gembrook
U18’s – 10:00am | Reserves – 12:15pm | Seniors – 2:10pm

Sunday April 5th
Gembrook-Cockatoo v Waverley Blues Football Club @ Gembrook
U18’s – 10:00am | Reserves – 12:15pm | Seniors – 2:10pm

Kinglake FC practice match schedule is as follows;

PRACTICE MATCHES

Kinglake v Cardinals
Sunday, March 22nd at Kinglake Memorial Oval at 2pm, BBQ, Drinks Available.
The Cardinals VAFA team are coming to play Kinglake in a practice match/bushfire fundraiser game. The Cardinals are made up of some of Melbourne's leading barristers, accountants, school chancellors and other leading professionals. They are coming to play Kinglake to support not just the football club but the entire Kinglake Ranges community. As the Cardinals are going out of their way to support the Kinglake Ranges we'd like to see as many people at the game as possible as we will be fundraising for the entire Kinglake Ranges community and we'd like to say thanks to the Cardinals for supporting the Kinglake Ranges. Bring your friends, relatives, colleagues....come one come all

Kinglake v Panton Hill
"King Of The Mountain"
Saturday, March 28th at Panton Hill Start Time TBA
Kinglake will play it's traditional rivals Panton Hill in a practice match for the "King of the Mountain". Panton Hill and Kinglake have been regular competitors since our clubs formed the Panton Hill & District FL in the 1920s.

Round 1, Saturday, April 4th, 2009
Kinglake v Emerald
"CFA Cup/Shield"
Saturday, April 4th at Kinglake Memorial Oval 12pm
"Biggest Laker's Game since 1994 Flag...and even more important"

Olinda FC news from the Senior Coach;

Twisted Vine Day
Thanks to John and Linda Corcoran for hosting the club for 2 functions last week.

The first was the Triathalon and this was all held in Silvan at the Twisted Vine who allowed the use of this beautiful venue.

The ride consisted of 11km along the main road with a 3.5 km through the grapvines that really tested the legs.

The swim was 15 laps of the pool at the same venue in a fantastic pool that really tested the poor swimmers like myself.

Ben O'Neill was the winner and closely followed by Nick Broomhall and James Reid.

Well done to all.

On Sunday the Twisted Vine again hosted the club and we had a good turn out even though it bucketed with rain.

Thanks to all who attended this event, these bonding sessions are crucial to the team and the club.

Mick Scott
Senior Coach

Summer happenings from Silvan are below. I hear Travis Cox is also moving on. The clubs recruit from WA is very highly rated according to my sources. Green from the Central Murray FL is a very good player too.

After going through the 2008 season undefeated, the boys have been back in full training preparing for another tough year. Many clubs have improved their playing stocks which will make for an interesting and even competition. Although the club hasn't had a huge influx of players, we have recruited quite well and hope to blood some of our young kids who played off in the under 18's Grand Final last year.
Here is a brief run down on our arrivals and departures at this stage:

Arrivals
Daniel Norman - Noble Park. A highly rated midfielder who will bolster our on ball brigade and cover the losses of some of our departures.
Kenneth Murphy - Whitefriars. "Kenny" has come on board and is a nuggety type who is flying on the track at the moment
Peter Fotiniotis - Murrumbeena. Another mid size player who has not missed a beat over summer.
Shannon Green - Barham - Koondrook. Comes with plenty of experience having played most of his footy in the Diamond Valley. Tough on baller.
Matthew Dakin - Old Geelong. Will be a handy player either forward or back and will boost our depth.
Joel Sofi - East Fremantle. Returning to Victoria after a stint in the WAFL. He too will boost our stocks in the midfield.

Along with this group of new players comes the return of a number of handy players to our list. Chris Webb (2007 premiership player) and Brent Guglielmi return after an overseas trip while Steve McGrady (2002, 2004 Premiership player) who also spent some time overseas has returned. All have played senior footy and will add depth to our list.

Departures
While it is sad to see players leaving the club i do wish the following players all the best as they continue their career elsewhere in particular our 2007/8 premiership captain Chris Goodlet. After joining the club in 2005 Chris has been a great player for Silvan and the league. We were privileged enough to have seen him at his peak but unfortunately for us he is returning to his old club Lilydale in the twilight of his career. From everyone at the club we wish him all the best.

Also heading to Lilydale is Andrew Preston. Seen as a future leader of our club Andy sustained a serious shoulder injury last year after playing in the 2007 premiership. The club is disappointed in losing such a future talent but we are sure to see him return down the track.

Kit, Adam and Scott Dale have all signed with Coldstream which is again disappointing for Silvan to lose some local kids but hopefully they enjoy their stint at Coldstream and return to their home in the near future.

Yarra Glen FNC Practice Match details and season launch information is found below;

Yarra Glen V Mt Lilydale
Where: Mt Lilydale College
When: Saturday 28th March
We will be fielding Seniors & Reserves on the Day

"Yarra Glen FNC Season Launch"
Sunday 29th March
Healesville Gables 12.00pm
Chum Creek Road
Healesville

$30.00 per head (2 Course Meal)
Drinks available at Bar Prices

Yea FNC News;

The YFNC are VERY pleased to announce that this year our tigers take back their rightful jumpers as we return to the original YEA TIGER STRIPE. This success has come from a lot of negotiating with the League for approval and subsequent fundraising to purchase an entire set of new jumpers for both the senior & junior Tigers.

This change marks a sentimental move back to the Tiger stripe for many in which Yea was often victorious whilst wearing.

After all the hard work to get us back into our rightful guernsey, we only hope pulling on the jumper this season for the TIGERS has a greater meaning for players who continue to be the pride of our club & local community.

But wait thers more...

WE HAVE BALLS, BALLS & EVEN MORE BALLS....
The Sugerloaf Pipeline Alliance has generously donated funds to the club to purchase footballs, netballs & water bottle for all senior / junior sides in time for pre season training.
This gives an added boost to the clubs resources and was greatly appreciated.

THIS IS DEFINATELY THE YEAR OF THE TIGER NETBALLERS....
It is great to see so many netballers coming to preseason training - well done girls/ladies. So much ability, enthusiasm and developing fitness will definately pay off and make for some exciting netball in the coming months.

For anyone still contemplating getting to preseason football - the Time is NOW!!! Join your fellow tigers - fit or unfit and make 2009 a memorable move forward for the MIGHTY YEA TIGERS.

Yarra Junction FC news;

20/20 Match a great success!!!
On Friday the 20th of February, Yarra Junction Football Club took on Yarra Junction Cricket Club in a 20/20 cricket match to raise money for the survivors of the ‘09 bushfires. A crowd of about 300 gathered at the Yarra Junction Sporting Complex to watch a great rivalry play out and also dig deep.

The footy boys were the surprise winners on the night, by only 1 run.

A great night was had by all, with the BBQ getting a great work out and the kids loving the jumping castle. The Yarra Junction CFA was in attendance, putting the lights on and letting the kids on the truck.

We would like to thank everyone that helped out on the night, Mouse & Joy Fletcher, David Harbinson and Des for the great job on the BBQ, Will Eastmure for keeping the kids entertained on the jumping castle, Pugs & Blacky behind the bar, and most of all everyone who came down and dug deep for this great cause. Over $3000 was raised on the night.

We would also like to thank the following sponsors for donating prizes for the raffles on the night

Launching Place Hotel
Crown Hotel, Lilydale
Riverview Chinese Restaurant
Celebrations, Yarra Junction
Fosters
IGA Warburton
IGA Woori Yallock
Safeway Yarra Junction
Pink N Shears Yarra Junction
Linea Hairdressing
Wandin Valley Nursery
Voigts Flowers
Sam’s Quality Meats
Cunninghams
Woori Yallock Butchers
Coldstream Butchers
Seville Fruit & Veg
Home Hardware – Seville
Yarra Junction Hardware
Colleen’s Nails
Woori Pet Supplies
Mouse & Joy Fletcher
YVMDFL
Matches
Warburton Golf Club
Eastwood Golf Club
David & Marg Harbinson
Reading Cinema’s
Fenix Gym
Yarra Junction Bakery
Polktronics
Will Eastmure
Jumping Jonquils
La Belle Femme
Priceline Pharmacy
Brendan Ford
Lilydale Village Meats
Valley Fresh Quality Meats
Natures Beauty Secrets

Alexandra FNC happenings;

The Alexandra Football/Netball Club has been getting back into the swing of things as we recover from the recent events which have impacted on our communities, with football and netball training resuming at various venues.

The senior and junior netball teams are training at the Alexandra Secondary College, some of the junior football teams are training at Leckie Park and the under 16, under 18 and senior footballers are training at HG Turf. The Club is very appreciative of the assistance given by the Alexandra Secondary College, Alexandra Cricket Club and HG Turf in allowing access for training.

A practise game with Kilsyth for the senior football originally scheduled to be played at Alexandra has been transferred to Yea this Saturday, March 21st with starting times to be confirmed.

The Alexandra Showgrounds and Recreation Reserve oval was vacated last Friday and works have commenced on repairs and restoration of the oval surface with use of the ground anticipated in about two to three weeks.

Saturday coaches have been appointed for the 2009 season with Brad Kidd to oversee the reserves and George Steiner in charge of the under 18s. Brad played juniors for Alexandra and graduated to become a leading, dependable senior player but injuries limited his career to just short of the 200 games milestone. George has been a loyal servant in over ten years at the Club as a Premiership coach whilst also receiving League and Club best and fairest awards, culminating in receiving Life Membership of the Yarra Valley Mountain District Football League in 2008. Brad and George bring a wealth of experience to their respective roles and look forward to assisting senior coach Michael Bretherton in Division 1 this year.

Sunday coaches have also been appointed with John Tossol in charge of the under 16s and Paul Wallis in charge of the under 14s, whilst an under 12 coach will be confirmed soon. John has coached the under 14 team for a couple of years and steps up to the under 16s in place of Peter Norris who is looking forward to having a break this year. Paul Wallis is a new addition to the coaching group and is well known for his enthusiasm at the Alexandra Cricket Club as well as during football season. Paul was a highly credentialed player at Echuca in the Goulburn Valley Football League and also on King Island, resisting the temptation to play when he arrived in Alexandra but since assisting the juniors as kicking skills coach for a couple of years.

If anyone is interested in assisting at the Club in any capacity this year, as a volunteer or sponsor, please contact Ray Steyger on 5772 2627, everyone is welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Healesville Football & Netball Club are seeking practice matches for all teams including netball if possible. Can be played at their ground.

Please contact Felix on 0418 361 861

yeh good stuff their local.. thanks for the plug for the belly netball team.. it looks like we are gonna have on up and running and if we can get some more numbers maybe two.... i have a question for someone from yea... as you guys are converting back to your old jumpers will that clash with ours?? the belgrave ones we wore last year??? if so whats the go.. do we just deal with it or does one club have to find an alternative?

yeh good stuff their local.. thanks for the plug for the belly netball team.. it looks like we are gonna have on up and running and if we can get some more numbers maybe two.... i have a question for someone from yea... as you guys are converting back to your old jumpers will that clash with ours?? the belgrave ones we wore last year??? if so whats the go.. do we just deal with it or does one club have to find an alternative?

Just out of interest, craffles, was the new guernsey design popular at Belgrave last year? I preferred the old stripes myself. The new one seems to clash with a few other club jumpers as well: Seville, Yea (now that they have changed back), Woori (when you next play them), and to a lesser extent, Emerald .

Sorry to wade in here but I think the jumper was well received by the younger guys and frowned upon by the older heads. I know of one prominent club member who sports a Belgrave polo with the Yellow section of the Club Crest colored in Black.

There were no discernable problems with jumper clashes from a playing perspective last year.

Just out of interest, craffles, was the new guernsey design popular at Belgrave last year? I preferred the old stripes myself. The new one seems to clash with a few other club jumpers as well: Seville, Yea (now that they have changed back), Woori (when you next play them), and to a lesser extent, Emerald .

its sort of got a mixed review... ive only been down at the club since last year when it came in so wasnt too heavily involved in the decision but some love it, others hate it which is understandable because its a massive change from the old one....i personally like it but would be happy to wear either

good day for kinglake today played old scoths college amatures won 24.22 to old scoths 5.4
fanatasic day put on by the old scoths

not sure if they do but it looks like i am going to have to re do some of the site as parts dont seem to fit anymore......not happy:mad: btw rusty are you going to run with the tips this season now that the pup is gone???

Well the clubs don't get anything out of the advertising which suddenly appeared on our Websites-after having spent a lot of time getting our site as I wanted,it appears I will now have to go back and redo some areas-still we havn't got anything better to do at this busy time of the season with regos,clearances etc

Well the clubs don't get anything out of the advertising which suddenly appeared on our Websites-after having spent a lot of time getting our site as I wanted,it appears I will now have to go back and redo some areas-still we havn't got anything better to do at this busy time of the season with regos,clearances etc

Upwey fan let me reassure you and all other clubs that the advertising which appeared on your webpages also appreared on ours , all without any correspondence from Sporting Pulse or the VCFL. I have seen a VCFL memo firing a rocket up Sporting pulse about the unprofessional way this was handled without any correspondence to anyone and the pain it has caused those administrators that have taken the time to change the layout to a more club friendly feel. This is very much work in progress.

not sure if they do but it looks like i am going to have to re do some of the site as parts dont seem to fit anymore......not happy:mad: btw rusty are you going to run with the tips this season now that the pup is gone???

Yes.

Seem to remember you where pretty good at the tipping :D

Div 1 and Div 2 tipping comps will be set up.

If anyone wants to start it you can or I will.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back