Year end list management - Who would you delist?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apologies if there is a thread on this already but its looking like a no-brainer at the moment as regards year end delistings.

Young and Sinclair are gone for mine. Unfortnately they cant get on the park. Maccaffer will be on the cusp as well for the same reasons. Perhaps you throw a lifeline to one of Caff or Sinclair on the rookie list.
Keeffe and Thomas to go
Fasolo on the trade table
Reid a keeper.

Use those six senior salaries to pay up for one gun and spent the rest of the saved salary cap on draftees.

Thats probably the full list of delistments apart from Armstrong off the rookie list. Frost to be promoted.

MacAffer apparently has a contract extension taking him to the end of 2016.

I would look to rookie Sinclair.

Delistings would be Sinclair (re-rookied), Young, Keeffe, Thomas. Armstrong and Manteit have an uphill battle to stay on the rookie list based on what I've seen so far, but admittedly for Manteit it's very early days.

Happy to trade Fasolo and we will need senior list space for a promotion of Frost (why is he still a rookie anyway?) and quite possibly The Big Show.

Delistings would be Sinclair (re-rookied), Young, Keeffe, Thomas. Armstrong and Manteit have an uphill battle to stay on the rookie list based on what I've seen so far, but admittedly for Manteit it's very early days.
Manteit id give more time to :/

I don't see us delisting Sinkers. Keep him on the park and he adds pace & dash.
I think Bucks is pretty keen on him as far as a small defender goes.
Caff has already recently signed a 1 year extension.

Tks, thats a very thorough thread....covers lots of topics. I'm purely looking at delistings though and I cant see any shocks at the end of teh season. Our delistings from teh senior list will be drug cheats and the chronic injured....plus maybe Fas.
Thread title adjusted:)

Young, Armstrong (upgraded from rookie status), Thomas/Keeffe suspension (?) all to be delisted.
Sinclair seems to be a favourite son so perhaps stays.
Fas, unless he can cement a a position in 22 - trade?
Dwyer - what to do with him?
Don't see as much change as in previous years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to trade Fasolo and we will need senior list space for a promotion of Frost (why is he still a rookie anyway?) and quite possibly The Big Show.
Manteit MUST remain on the list.

Because I giggle like a school girl every time a commentator has to say his name.

Sinclair
Keeffe
Thomas
Young
Armstrong
Gault
Karnezis
Fasolo

None good enough for the senior team.

Harsh on Gault, I'd give him time (as per the cliche about talls)
PK is a flip of the coin as to whether another year is worth the punt and on balance I'd say yes.

Not sure we need seven delistings (plus a rookie) and whether the replacements are likely to be any better than some of them.

Manteit has some good traits. Is one to persist with dare say a long term veiw was taken when we originally took him.

Agree, just starting to come to terms with the pace of VFL as a step up from TAC. We'll know a lot more about him by seasons end but think he warrants extra time.

It appears likely that Thomas and Keeffe will be gone so that's 2.

Young might struggle to be retained. If he can't get the body right he may actually retire before the call has to be made on him.

Gault will depend on his progress this season as he must be close to the promote or delist stage.

Armstrong might be demoted further to the VFL list.

Dwyer's age will make him an interesting discussion. Could he be the 1 that gets demoted to the rookie list this year?

With such a young squad it's hard to imagine too many more changes unless a player specifically requests a trade.

Will Swanny surprise everyone by announcing his retirement?

Remove this Banner Ad

Year end list management - Who would you delist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back