Year end list management - Who would you delist?

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness, if we had that selection again with the benefit of perfect hindsight, we'd definitely take McCarthy over Freeman I would have thought.

I'm not saying that Freeman is a dud (edit: definitely meant dud. Nathan may well be a dude, I don't know), or that I hate him or even that it was the wrong call at the time. But it hasn't worked out well so far, and McCarthy is looking like a real player in a role we really need.

That's OK, you won't get every draft pick perfectly right, and there's still time for Freeman to recover and be a long term best 22 player for us. But we're going to be waiting a while to see if that happens.

Last edited:
In fairness, if we had that selection again with the benefit of perfect hindsight, we'd definitely take McCarthy over Freeman I would have thought.

I'm not saying that Freeman is a dude, or that I hate him or even that it was the wrong call at the time. But it hasn't worked out well so far, and McCarthy is looking like a real player in a role we really need.

That's OK, you won't get every draft pick perfectly right, and there's still time for Freeman to recover and be a long term best 22 player for us. But we're going to be waiting a while to see if that happens.
I would love McCarthy at Collingwood. I'd be willing to trade off Freeman somehow to get hold of him if they opportunity came.

I really hope the club persists with Sinclair and he can finally get his body right. For me he is a much better player than Ramsay.

Thomas, Keefe obvious outs.

Armstrong, Karnezis and Young not looking to good right now.

I don't know what Swany will decide to do. He is having a good year so he might decide to stay but I would not be surprised if he walked.

Frost and Gault to be promoted and maybe one SA boy going home.

Thomas, Keefe obvious outs.

Armstrong, Karnezis and Young not looking to good right now.

I don't know what Swany will decide to do. He is having a good year so he might decide to stay but I would not be surprised if he walked.

Frost and Gault to be promoted and maybe one SA boy going home.
Gault? ? Spud......Kennedy or scharenberg who knows broomhead may want out

Should we?
If Minson were to leave the Dogs (which he might if he keeps languishing in the two's), it would be to play senior football, not be second or third string playing in the VFL hoping for Witts and Grundy to be injured. I doub't he'd consider coming to us.

If Minson were to leave the Dogs (which he might if he keeps languishing in the two's), it would be to play senior football, not be second or third string playing in the VFL hoping for Witts and Grundy to be injured. I doub't he'd consider coming to us.
But if they trade witts like everyone here thinks will happen...could be a good pick up

But if they trade witts like everyone here thinks will happen...could be a good pick up
I don't think everyone thinks Witts will be traded. The only scenario that would happen is if an elite GWS kid requested a trade to us an GWS showed interest in Witts.

It's a very unlikely scenario for the club to move him on after all the time and effort they've spent developing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Year end list management - Who would you delist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back