You have to put your hand up

Remove this Banner Ad

After that puzzling first quarter against Melbourne in Round 2, I wondered whether Joey might be right about Sam.

I'll never forgive myself for letting that thought enter my head.

I thought the footy was this Friday. Time flies (but not that quickly). Would have been funny though getting on the train and finding nobody going to the footy, arriving at Richmond to an empty station with the MCG exit locked. :D

Solo warmup outside the ground?

Just want to give a shout out here to flinchfree .

It’s easy to get caught up in arguments and it takes a big person to acknowledge they got it wrong. It takes an even bigger person to do so publicly.

Top stuff.
Hear! Hear!

Perhaps a certain AFL journo could learn something from this thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Reeves would be our next 10-year ruckman and Meek would be a servicable backup we'd eventually trade.

I also thought that pushing Tom Mitchell out the club was a mistake during the year, although saw the light come end of season.

I have never made an incorrect prediction or analysis on this board, or anywhere, regarding anything, ever.

I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about Chol when he first got here. Especially watching his first few training runs. He was huffing and puffing all over the place. He will never be an endurance athlete but he has shown an appetite for tackling that i didn't know he had and he has been huge this year.

Historically just to make you guys all feel better about yourself I didn't think Chris Langford would make it. Yes, Superman himself. My saving grace is that he started in the ruck and played wing as well early on before he was moved to Full Back

Why did you think about Dunstall in 85?

Umm vice like hands knew where the goals were. Quick for the first few steps. Looked a monty compared to Langers who was completely unco out there when he first started.
Yeah, Langers, the elder, had me seeing red early days. Remember when they used to play him off the wing? I think he was still wearing the number 28 jumper at the time.

Yeah, Langers, the elder, had me seeing red early days. Remember when they used to play him off the wing? I think he was still wearing the number 28 jumper at the time.
He genuinely looked uncoordinated. My all-time favourite player worked hard with him on the training track to make him the defender we all loved.

Umm vice like hands knew where the goals were. Quick for the first few steps. Looked a monty compared to Langers who was completely unco out there when he first started.

I only remember Dunstall from 86 onwards. Was still a primary school kid.

Knightsy?
I should have looked at your avatar. He was my fav too. I broke my collarbone playing footy the same week he broke his in 1976. I wrote to him to tell him as much. A few weeks later some mail arrived from the club. He sent me a long letter wishing me the best and a few photos to boot. A great bloke.

Same and same.

Although in my defence it wasn't about the Wiz, I always knew he'd be great. I just thought we were crying out for a monster defender. And we kinda still are. That's why we're chasing Battle and Barass (not that either are true 'monsters', but you know what I mean) That's why we chased McKay and Rata last year.
Really dodged a bullet there 🤣

Good things come to those who waits.

Battle and Barrass are massive upgrades on those 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to put your hand up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back