Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will pretty much be my round 1 starting team, a couple of the rookies may change a bit, but im quite happy with it.
Don't really like it personally. Midfield is a little weak and your forward line needs readdressing. Chad is overpriced big time IMO, he's average was inflated due to a couple of match winning games last year when Port only played the second half. Certainly a lot of not-so-good scores for 550k. Have a look at what you'd pick up on your other lines for 550.

Not sure why you have 215k sitting on the bench that won't play in round 1?

Re jigged team.

DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Birchall,R. Shaw, Mcdonald, Langford, Cutler, Fuller

MID: Ablett, Watson, Steven, Libba, Cotchin, Tyson, Cripps, Dunstan, Crouch, Robertson

Rk : Mumford, Hampson, Loob, Nankervis

FWD: Danger, Martin, Gunston, Pavlich, Stringer, JKH, Gartlett, Honeychurch

criticism please!
Out Cotchin, In Rockliff.

Are you going too keep this up or are you going too actually say your thoughts on my team.
I just said my thoughts. I quite seriously think Rockliff over Cotchin.

Don't really like it personally. Midfield is a little weak and your forward line needs readdressing. Chad is overpriced big time IMO, he's average was inflated due to a couple of match winning games last year when Port only played the second half. Certainly a lot of not-so-good scores for 550k. Have a look at what you'd pick up on your other lines for 550.

Not sure why you have 215k sitting on the bench that won't play in round 1?
Agreed about wingard, exactly why i didnt pick him. Agree with you about the middle, but with a lot more rookie options there i felt the need to make the other lines stronger. Fasolo is playing today in a nab game no reason why he couldnt play round, but i did say rookies may change. Thanks for your thoughts anyway

Really struggling with the side this time round. Still have $54,000 in the savings account. Should I be trying to get a FWD and DEF into the MID so that I am able to switch freely?

Last edited:
Really struggling with the side this time round. Still have $54,000 in the savings account. Should I be trying to get a FWD and DEF into the MID so that I am able to switch freely?
Question, why do you have Kolosejhkjhksh??

There is better value in defence than Walker & McVeigh at 572k each. Particularly Walker if they play him up forward and I reckon look for Yarran to go down back again as a rebounding half back which will cut into both Simpsons and Walkers scores.

If you really want a GWS Mid i would go Coniglio > Whitfield - not just based on NAB but I see more potential in him

Like that forward line - I would still go Kennedy to Rohan - don't understand the criticism of Rohan - he broke into Swans best 22 when they were flying last year - prior to injury he was beginning to be a focal point of the team with his speed - Isaac Smith like. In reality both Kenned and he will have a similar year - average 60-70 and occasionally put in an 80-100 game - save 50k and go for Rohan. Or at least find some value elsewhere and put Rohan on your bench

EDIT: HMac to either Hickey or Grundy if you don't want to move from this price bracket
Thanks. I think you're probably right about Rohan. JS trumps all the reasons not to pick him at this point I think.

Walker > Hibberd, KK > Laidler, HMac > Lobbe and Kennedy > Rohan gives me this with $101K spare. Keeping HMac frees up enough cash to afford an extra premo in FWD or DEF, which would please me.
Screenshot 2014-02-22 11.07.24.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question, why do you have Kolosejhkjhksh??
Well, once you clear up that 60k you've got more options. Martin to Dunstan. Daisy to Premo.

Michie and Laidler on the bench is a waste too. I wouldn't have any players >130k on the bench.

thoughts on this team?

33uppas.jpg

thoughts on this team?

33uppas.jpg

No Sandi is interesting,

If it were my team, I'd prefer to see you drop one of Rocky, Fyfe or Cotchin and get another fwd or def premo,

Def & fwd rookies seem to be light on ATM, should be enough mid rookies to get you going,

HShaw I'm not personally fussed about, perhaps Simpson?

Rioli is missing rd 1, TMitchell?

FWIW & IMO,

Re jigged team.

MID: Ablett, Watson, Steven, Libba, Cotchin, Tyson, Cripps, Dunstan, Crouch, Robertson

criticism please!
You must be the only person leaving Beams out. Stringer is a bad selection, as is Hampson, as is Shaw. Switch Stringer for anyone really, Kennedy or Billings maybe, Hampson for Sandi, Shaw for S. Shaw.

You must be the only person leaving Beams out. Stringer is a bad selection, as is Hampson, as is Shaw. Switch Stringer for anyone really, Kennedy or Billings maybe, Hampson for Sandi, Shaw for S. Shaw.

You don't think Stringer will play well? is S.Shaw the GC one?

You don't think Stringer will play well? is S.Shaw the GC one?
I don't think Stringer will score well in SC, and he will be the sub sometimes, and he's not in the best 22 at the moment and isn't guaranteed games.

S. Shaw is the Adelaide player, rumblings that he could directly benefit from Henderson's injury.

I don't think Stringer will score well in SC, and he will be the sub sometimes, and he's not in the best 22 at the moment and isn't guaranteed games.

S. Shaw is the Adelaide player, rumblings that he could directly benefit from Henderson's injury.

I swapped Shaw for Yeo and Stringer for Higgins.

I swapped Shaw for Yeo and Stringer for Higgins.
Navicular injury last year for a guy with a bad injury history? Will be nursed back, and will be given as much time as possible and will probably make his way back through the VFL.

y1im.jpg

Actually rather happy with my team, bye-round will hurt a little in the midfield but I can work with that.
Tossing up weather to downgrade Thomas and strengthen my Back/Fwd.

Any ideas/thoughts?

swapped Higgins with Rohan and Steven with Selwood.

Re jigged team.

criticism please!
Bartel is playing a CHF role this year and priced at $572k he is bound to lose you money
Steven will cop the hard tag this year now that Dal Santo is gone
Dayne Beams is a must
Hampson? Really?
Who the f*ck is Loob? If you mean Lobbe that's way too much money for a rookie

Bartel is playing a CHF role this year and priced at $572k he is bound to lose you money
Steven will cop the hard tag this year now that Dal Santo is gone
Dayne Beams is a must
Hampson? Really?
Who the f*ck is Loob? If you mean Lobbe that's way too much money for a rookie
He is a GWS rookie, Steven is gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back