Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so his preseason has been solid this year and you think he's back to his best obviously?

As a wholly biased Carlton supporter, I don't think he will average 118 again no but I don't doubt that he will get back to a 110 to 115 average which for his current price is exactly what you want. I think his role has changed under Malthouse in that he was used more as an inside midfielder than an attacking goal kicking mid as he was used under Ratten. That is not to say he wont recieve the ball outside forward of centre however he is being used more as an inside player which requires a slightly different set of skills. What hurt him (and Carlton in general) a couple years ago was our lack of an enforcer type to apply blocks and create space for players at stoppages, I think Bell specifically early on will be able to provide some of this for us.

i didn't feel that it was a fair comparison and was detrimental to your argument and was just pointing that out.

I think it was more than a fair argument considering you pay for total points not average points per game. A player that returns 2400 points at $500k is money better spent than a player that returns 2000 points for the same price.

Anyone think daisy will have a bad impact on simpson/walkers scoring this year? Guess we might get a hint tonight

A 110 ppg season from Murphy for 22 games will still score you 350 points more than a 115 ppg, 18 game Beams season.
I'm very confident taking Beames instead of Murphy just you are the other way around :)

It's all just opinion :thumbsu:

I think it was more than a fair argument considering you pay for total points not average points per game. A player that returns 2400 points at $500k is money better spent than a player that returns 2000 points for the same price.
Why are you assuming Beames will only play 18 while Furphy will play a full 22?? Apples for apples, please.....

I'm very confident taking Beames instead of Murphy just you are the other way around :)

It's all just opinion :thumbsu:

Why are you assuming Beames will only play 18 while Furphy will play a full 22?? Apples for apples, please.....

I'm confident in taking both :)

Version 15.0

Backs: MCVEIGH, MITCHELL, SUCKLING, S.SHAW, MCDONALD, LAIDLER (fuller, georgiou)

Mids: GAJ, ROCKLIFF, JACK, ZIEBELL, BEAMS, THOMAS, MICHIE, ELLIS (Crouch, Taylor)

Ruck: LOBBE, SANDILANDS (thurlow, nankervis)

Forwards: DANGER, MARTIN, FRANKLIN, ZORKO, GRAY, JKH (honeychurch, Kersten)

Thoughts?

Version 15.0

Backs: MCVEIGH, MITCHELL, SUCKLING, S.SHAW, MCDONALD, LAIDLER (fuller, georgiou)

Mids: GAJ, ROCKLIFF, JACK, ZIEBELL, BEAMS, THOMAS, MICHIE, ELLIS (Crouch, Taylor)

Ruck: LOBBE, SANDILANDS (thurlow, nankervis)

Forwards: DANGER, MARTIN, FRANKLIN, ZORKO, GRAY, JKH (honeychurch, Kersten)

Thoughts?

Maybe McVeigh to Enright or Hibberd - save yourself 60k +

Thomas to a rookie - Save yourself - 150k+

That will give you some salary cap room to move to change rookies

Anyone think daisy will have a bad impact on simpson/walkers scoring this year? Guess we might get a hint tonight

I believe it will - Carlton will have Walker, Yarran, Simpson, Thomas, Gibbs, Scotland as there halfback/wingman - That's completely stacked and they can't all fit in the backline as they all can't play on medium/tall forwards

Then again Thomas might be played on wing/half forward - Can't see him going straight in the guts

Maybe McVeigh to Enright or Hibberd - save yourself 60k +

Thomas to a rookie - Save yourself - 150k+

That will give you some salary cap room to move to change rookies

Agree with this sentiment - rd 1 split into 2 weeks, rookie stocks looking 'thin' - having a few extra dollars heading into 2nd week of rd 1 might ease a few anxieties,

I see many with only 5-10k left in their banks, not much wriggle room here,

think Daisy - AKA Judas to his mates;) will roll an ankle, break a toe nail and be out for 6 months

Managed to squeeze this team together. I think its my most balanced team ever. The only problem I have with it is that all 4 ruckmen have the round 10 bye :confused:

gyv1sPB.jpg

8zuq.png

How this looking? Improvements?

Defense is a weak spot, although i have faith in Grimes/Suckling & Shaw.
I've considered downgrading Thomas to Polec and then upgrading elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Managed to squeeze this team together. I think its my most balanced team ever. The only problem I have with it is that all 4 ruckmen have the round 10 bye :confused:

gyv1sPB.jpg

doesnt matter if all 4 rucks have the same bye, altho not ideal, you only count your best 18 players ON THE FIELD (I think its 18)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gyv1sPB.jpg

does seem like a pretty balanced team. only problem could be your fwd line - it's very risk/reward with only 1 proven premo

8zuq.png

How this looking? Improvements?

Defense is a weak spot, although i have faith in Grimes/Suckling & Shaw.
I've considered downgrading Thomas to Polec and then upgrading elsewhere.

Thoughts?
I just dont think you can start round 1 without a S.Mitchell, Bartel, Mcveigh or Walker, also grimes at D3 is risky.

Remaining Salary
$85,600

Tossed up alot. I cant get rid of Hurn, i feel there opening draw is much more appaeling than others. Swallow at his given price looks the goods, POD is Libba in the midfield obviously. Out of Dixon/Buddy/Parker/Wingard, ive chosen Mitchell hes a ball magnet.

Although my forward line and backline i feel half hearted on.

All thoughts welcome.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    147.1 KB · Views: 8
I just dont think you can start round 1 without a S.Mitchell, Bartel, Mcveigh or Walker, also grimes at D3 is risky.

why cant you?

I can think of two defenders who are 50 -80K cheaper who i think will average about the same as the 4 mentioned
Bartel - new role, less qtr back duties, looks like playing fwd from what i have read - points???
McVeigh - never averaged 100 as a mid player, as a def qtr back last year he aveaged above 100, but from all accounts might be headed back to the mids (I dont know and i doubt anyone on here actually knows what role he will play
Walker - god could average 120 or 80, he is an enigma, feaky talent but very reliant on the role the blues have him play
SMitchell - most likely to hold his 2013 average

I think you can make cases for or against
as far as I'm concerned my only rule is you must ahve one of GAJ or Pendles (preferably both) and you must spend more than 2.4 million of your first 4 mids as part of that

why cant you?

I can think of two defenders who are 50 -80K cheaper who i think will average about the same as the 4 mentioned
Bartel - new role, less qtr back duties, looks like playing fwd from what i have read - points???
McVeigh - never averaged 100 as a mid player, as a def qtr back last year he aveaged above 100, but from all accounts might be headed back to the mids (I dont know and i doubt anyone on here actually knows what role he will play
Walker - god could average 120 or 80, he is an enigma, feaky talent but very reliant on the role the blues have him play

as far as I'm concerned my only rule is you must ahve one of GAJ or Pendles (preferably both) and you must spend more than 2.4 million of your first 4 mids as part of that
Very true, i will highlight i said 'i just dont think'. I had tossed the option up aswell, GAJ or Pendles 100%. This rule i would say is at 60%. I feel they are the relaible backline players and in my opinion atm i cant leave one out, thats my view others will have their opinions.

why cant you?

Last year he was a midfielder until about round 9. In the 8 games before that he averaged 106. He is probably our second best clearance player (behind JPK) when he is in the midfield.

Last year he was a midfielder until about round 9. In the 8 games before that he averaged 106. He is probably our second best clearance player (behind JPK) when he is in the midfield.

not disputing what you have put,
Thuggee_Cult can you shed any light on the theory, your my swans expert i listen to the most based on all your posts you seem to know your swans stuff.

Anybody else considering leaving out Ablett & Pendlebury completely, loading up forwards & backs with quality DPP mids, leaving only one spot on field (in forwards & backs) for rookies but having up to 4 quality rookie mids?

ie.

Bartel, McVeigh, Mitchell, Hibberd, Grimes, Langford - Fuller, Georgiou

Stokes, Bennell, Murphy, D Beams, C Beams, McDonald, Ellis, M Crouch - Michie, D Towers

Hickey, Sandilands - Wood, Thurlow

Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Wingard, Franklin, Kennedy-Harris - Kersten, Lloyd

Could this tactic work?

This is what I'm running with atm & likely into Round 1.

Rookie forwards and backs just haven't impressed me ...

Anybody else considering leaving out Ablett & Pendlebury completely, loading up forwards & backs with quality DPP mids, leaving only one spot on field (in forwards & backs) for rookies but having up to 4 quality rookie mids?
That mentality matches your signature perfectly. Enough said.

That mentality matches your signature perfectly. Enough said.

So that is a no from you. Thanks for your, considered, response.

I obviously will be looking to get them in once the rookies appreciate and they (hopefully) depreciate.

I obviously will be looking to get them in once the rookies appreciate and they (hopefully) depreciate.
If you're starting without Ablett and Pendles, then you're losing double their points because they will probably be your captain. So let's be conservative, and say Danger is your captain each week. Say he averages 110 to the bye rounds, Ablett averages 120. Every week you're losing those 20 points, and over 8 weeks you've lost 160 points.

On a sidenote, if Stokes, Bennell, Murphy and Beams are your 4 premos then I would be extremely worried. Can't slide Swan, Steven, Libba, Rockliff, Cotchin, Boyd, Sloane, Boak, Kennedy, anyone else in there?

You have to have at the very least one of those two. If you don't, you're so far behind to start with. Unless all you care about is league wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back