Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jj smitt thanks for yr kind words , I will get on and have a look and say bout other teams. Dbl fist, yr right bro, haven't done much research and am just getting into it now. Will be more concise from here on on.
Good on you mate. If posters appear they have put in some effort, more reward from other people regarding advice and suggestions.:thumbsu:
Good luck in 2014 and go the Weagles:D

back2cat, can you tell us about A Smith. Never seen him in a team before. whoa!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Keep an eye on Hibbered. Tweaked a hammy last nite. Love the midfield. Cunningham I cant comment on. Can you really see him cracking a swans side that is strong as an ox?
God the more I look at your team the more unfamiliar faces I see. D Buckley. LOL :thumbsu:
PS I don't think King from Ds will play much.

my 2 c
i'll keep an eye on hibberd, rookies are still a work in progress, A smith is just there to be used for the captains loophole
thanks for the comment

Def: J.McVeigh, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, B.Reid, L.McDonald, M.Fuller (A.Georgiou, J.Ellis)

Mid: S.Pendlebur, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, J.Ziebell, L.Whitfield, J.Martin, V.Michie, D.Sheed (H.Marsh, M.Crouch)

Ruc: M.Leuenberger, M.Blicavs (F.Thurlow, T.Nankervis)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, C.Wingard, J.Caddy, J.Daniher, D.Garlett (J.Kennedy-Harris, A.Spina)

The rookies will definitely change as teams are named, although I think Thurlow, Crouch, and McDonald will stick around.

Edit: Saw Fuller wasn't named for tonight, so he'll probably be bumped to bench or off the team entirely.

Last edited:

Def: J.McVeigh, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, B.Reid, L.McDonald, M.Fuller (A.Georgiou, J.Ellis)

Mid: S.Pendlebur, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, J.Ziebell, L.Whitfield, J.Martin, V.Michie, D.Sheed (H.Marsh, M.Crouch)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, C.Wingard, J.Caddy, J.Daniher, D.Garlett (J.Kennedy-Harris, A.Spina)

The rookies will definitely change as teams are named, although I think Thurlow, Crouch, and McDonald will stick around.

Edit: Saw Fuller wasn't named for tonight, so he'll probably be bumped to bench or off the team entirely.
I get really really tempted to thread-ban people who come to this board and post in two threads (X vs Y, Your 2014 team) asking for other people's opinions/posting up their team without providing any feedback/advice/opinions to other people.

If you're going to appear on this board once a year and ask other people to solve your problems, at least have the common courtesy to help someone else out as well. Bit of give and take would be nice.

I get really really tempted to thread-ban people who come to this board and post in two threads (X vs Y, Your 2014 team) asking for other people's opinions/posting up their team without providing any feedback/advice/opinions to other people.

If you're going to appear on this board once a year and ask other people to solve your problems, at least have the common courtesy to help someone else out as well. Bit of give and take would be nice.

Sorry man, but I'm just learning this whole SuperCoach thing. I'd love to give feedback and advice, but given as I finished around 150k last year in my first year, I figure my advice likely isn't worth giving.

And really, I drop two n00b posts and I get a thread-ban threat? Thanks for the welcome. I'll see myself back into the realm of lurking, thanks.

Sorry man, but I'm just learning this whole SuperCoach thing. I'd love to give feedback and advice, but given as I finished around 150k last year in my first year, I figure my advice likely isn't worth giving.

And really, I drop two n00b posts and I get a thread-ban threat? Thanks for the welcome. I'll see myself back into the realm of lurking, thanks.

PAC,

At the end of the day (call me Gary Ayres! :D ) we are all happy to help you/anyone where we can,

Perhaps if you aren't as confident with analysing others SC teams, posts about injuries/suspensions, web articles on SC topics etc. you might come across are all appreciated on here, :thumbsu:

We all have a thirst for any type of SC info, so it doesn't just have to be opinions on others teams,

:cool:

I have been a member since 2010 and only have 70 posts. I am trying to be more active on here but time doesn't always permit. But Jiska, I'm not sure why you have such a bee in your bonnet about people that only post once a year when they post their teams.

I have been a rugby league supporter all my life (Live in Sydney) and a mate in Melbourne talked me into playing AFL Supercoach a few years ago. (posts on here as VJknight) Since then I have become so addicted to AFL that I try to watch every game and couldn't give a stuff about league anymore.

The point is, it was supercoach that got me interested in AFL in the first place. If I started receiving criticism on here just for posting my team then it would have left me with a negative view of AFL supporters. We are all entitled to views and we are all entitled to post, even if it is only once a year. If you don't like people posting once a year and asking for views then the solution is simple. Ignore them. I have also posted my team on here a couple of times this year, but I have not asked for opinions. I just post it for interest.

I would have thought a moderator should be encouraging involvement, not criticising it.

Last edited:

As we've all said many times in here, SC is just opinion. Whether you finish 1st, 100,000th or have never played, your opinion is always useful and welcomed. You're right though, my reply was a little harsh - my apologies on that - a little frustration shining through and you wore the brunt :)

I would have thought a moderator should be encouraging involvement, not criticising it.
That's the critical word there. I just feel like there are a lot of people who come here and post up wanting people to solve their problems without acknowledging that other people have questions and queries as well. This is a community. Involvement is a two way thing. If everyone just posted up teams and questions and no-one replied, it wouldn't be much of a community at all really. It's like everything in life - give a little, take a little. No-one likes someone who just takes all the time.

I have been a member since 2010 and only have 70 posts. I am trying to be more active on here but time doesn't always permit. But Jiska, I'm not sure why you have such a bee in your bonnet about people that only post once a year when they post their teams.

I have been a rugby league supporter all my life (Live in Sydney) and a mate in Melbourne talked me into playing AFL Supercoach a few years ago. (posts on here as VJknight) Since then I have become so addicted to AFL that I try to watch every game and couldn't give a stuff about league anymore.

The point is, it was supercoach that got me interested in AFL in the first place. If I started receiving criticism on here just for posting my team then it would have left me with a negative view of AFL supporters. We are all entitled to views and we are all entitled to post, even if it is only once a year. If you don't like people posting once a year and asking for views then the solution is simple. Ignore them. I have also posted my team on here a couple of times this year, but I have not asked for opinions. I just post it for interest.
I have no problems with people posting here once a year if they were to reply to someone else's team and give a bit of feedback/advice at the same time as posting their own question. It's a bit of a common courtesy thing (which is exactly what I said in my other post).

On the Rugby/AFL comment, I'm the reverse. I became so disillusioned with AFL over the past few years I started following the Rugby as well. Really got in to it a lot and it's great as when there's a GWS vs Hawthorn game on, I can switch to Fox Sports 2 at quarter time :thumbsu:

Last edited:

I'm not sure on Reid's scoring power, same with Whitfield. I would try trading Reid out for D. Swallow, and Whitfield out for Beams? Blicavs is a very risky pick as well, especially with HMac and Simpson coming back and being able to play in the ruck. Blicavs might not score as well, I would trade him for Sandi.

Daniher I don't think will score well at all, if you're looking for some guys around that price range then Billings and B. Kennedy are safer bets.

If you want to get a better idea of what premiums ($500K+) players are good picks, just look at what they've scored in previous years. And while guys like Reid may be absolute guns, they may not be good for SC. For example, Scarlett was never a good SC pick, but he is one of the greatest defenders ever.

But pretty good side otherwise, I also like the Rockliff/Libba double punch. Great minds think alike :cool: :p

I thought about R.Shaw, then I researched he hasn't averaged over 80 since 09', so a playing rookie may well equal or out do him at 150K cheaper, I could well be wrong though.
Rest of the team looks quite solid.

My team V1.

Backs: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, D.Swallow, L.McDonald, M.Fuller. (W.Langford, A.Georgiou)

Mids: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, J.Watson, D.Beams, D.Thomas, V.Michie, J.Polec. (L.Dunstan, M.Crouch)

Rucks: T.Hickey, A.Sandilands (T.Derickx, M.King)

Fwds: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklin, M.Pavlich, J, Kennedy-Harris, F.Thurlow. (S.Lloyd, M.Honeychurch)

Rucks are a risk. Prefer Hickey to McIntosh slightly. McIntosh out of the game for a year and a half, Hickey getting the top ruck job as a youngster should see him average considerably more than last season. Don't know how the top rucks will fair this season yet. After reading my team, not sure why I have Thurlow forward either.
Rookies aren't set yet.
Not sold on Swallow either.
You are missing a midfielder.
Fuller hasn't been named in anything, unlikely to play Round 1 I think.
Not sure about Thurlow at F6, I would look for a flanker instead of him. If Lloyd gets picked then slot him in.
Pretty stock standard team though, might want to throw in a POD if you want to change things up/take a slight risk. Eg. Watson > Barlow.

Pretty solid otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't disagree there, but threatening to ban people who don't conform is not a way of encouraging it. (which you appear to have realised).
I didn't threaten to, I said I get really really tempted to :D

Please help rate my team and any suggested would be great.
What's your reasoning for selecting Fuller, Garlett, Taylor and Kade alphabet? None have been selected for pre-season games so far, so would be unlikely for round 1. Taylor is injured and was listed as 2-3 weeks away on the injury list on Tuesday. Do you know something we don't?

As we've all said many times in here, SC is just opinion. Whether you finish 1st, 100,000th or have never played, your opinion is always useful and welcomed. You're right though, my reply was a little harsh - my apologies on that - a little frustration shining through and you wore the brunt :)

No worries, I'll recover. I'll try to add a bit more as I learn more too.

RiCHii - Like the team, don't know if Buckley might just be an NAB star and not much to start off the season. Also, even though I'm a huge Enright fan, I don't think he earns the price this year. If you want to stick with a Cat, Mackie might be a good shot and free up some cash - also, I think Burgoyne will keep pace with Enright score-wise but will save some cash.

What's your reasoning for selecting Fuller, Garlett, Taylor and Kade alphabet? None have been selected for pre-season games so far, so would be unlikely for round 1. Taylor is injured and was listed as 2-3 weeks away on the injury list on Tuesday. Do you know something we don't?

Garlett for the mid fwd change
Not sure about fuller?
Talor I heard good reports early

Garlett for the mid fwd change
Not sure about fuller?
Talor I heard good reports early
Honeychurch named to play tonight. May be a better option than Garlett at this stage. Taylor won't play round 1. injured. Will probably be a good early downgrade target.

Honeychurch named to play tonight. May be a better option than Garlett at this stage. Taylor won't play round 1. injured. Will probably be a good early downgrade target.
Nope. Honey is in the squad but isn't necessarily playing tonight. Either way he won't play too many games this year.

Reckon I am just about set with this team. Probably the most balanced I've had it considering the lack of rookies.

My only problem is I need to find a Round 9 bye rookie in the midfield to replace Honeychurch (if he doesn't play R1, which is likely).

Thoughts?
supercoach5.jpg

IMO

Whitfield > XEllis
Jmart > Dunstan
Reid > Simpson
Garlett (hasn't been sighted yet) > Hawkins

If $$ allow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back