Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon I am just about set with this team. Probably the most balanced I've had it considering the lack of rookies.

My only problem is I need to find a Round 9 bye rookie in the midfield to replace Honeychurch (if he doesn't play R1, which is likely).

Thoughts?
View attachment 44731
I dont mind this side just unsure on hickey is he number1 at the saints?

$110.5k left over,

DEF: McVeigh, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Langford, (Clurey, Georgiou)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Kennedy, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan Crouch )
RUC: Minson, Sandilands, (Derickx, Thurlow)
FWD: Dangerfield, Wingard, Franklin, Parker, Hawkins, Rohan (Merrett, Kennedy-Harris)

It is a little skinny down back after I got rid of Hibberd but I'm prepared to wait for S.Mitchell/Bartel to drop. Im 50-50 on Kade Simpson.
Ruck wise I'm going either all in with Minson or risk with HMac and use the cash elsewhere.

Also, I'm starting to get pulled into Justin Westhoff and, gulp Andrejs Everitt's tractor beam, please talk me out of it!

Death_star1.png

Def: J.McVeigh, J.Bartel, S.Mitchell, B.Reid, L.McDonald, M.Fuller (A.Georgiou, J.Ellis)

Mid: S.Pendlebur, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, J.Ziebell, L.Whitfield, J.Martin, V.Michie, D.Sheed (H.Marsh, M.Crouch)

Ruc: M.Leuenberger, M.Blicavs (F.Thurlow, T.Nankervis)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, C.Wingard, J.Caddy, J.Daniher, D.Garlett (J.Kennedy-Harris, A.Spina)

The rookies will definitely change as teams are named, although I think Thurlow, Crouch, and McDonald will stick around.

Edit: Saw Fuller wasn't named for tonight, so he'll probably be bumped to bench or off the team entirely.

There are some good PODs in that team. I like the Whitfield selection. He's going to be an absolute star of the game in years to come and if he can avoid second year blues he could move a long way in that direction this year. Daniher's a handy selection too. I've read the forward position is his to lose and he could well improve quickly as the year goes on. The Rocky/Libba combo is one I have myself and won't be changing. No Ablett is a risk worth taking too for reasons I've posted in the midfield thread.

On the down side, Bartel looks poor value as he's almost certain to play forward and lose scoring power and Reid simply looks a poor choice. Caddy is very speculative and Blicavs is on the rookie list this year and I haven't heard of him being elevated .. although he probably will be when HMac inevitably goes down. There are also a few rookies who haven't played in the preseason so are unlikely to play round 1. But the biggest fault is not having D.Beams. He's an absolute must have this season.

$110.5k left over,

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Kennedy, Tyson, Michie, Polec, Ellis (Dunstan Crouch )
FWD: Dangerfield, Wingard, Franklin, Parker, Hawkins, Rohan (Merrett, Kennedy-Harris)

It is a little skinny down back after I got rid of Hibberd but I'm prepared to wait for S.Mitchell/Bartel to drop. Im 50-50 on Kade Simpson.
Ruck wise I'm going either all in with Minson or risk with HMac and use the cash elsewhere.

Also, I'm starting to get pulled into Justin Westhoff and, gulp Andrejs Everitt's tractor beam, please talk me out of it!

Death_star1.png

id look to downgrade tyson to a aish save your self around 40k

and minson to possibly lobbe? save your self around 120k

or as a pod go for pyke like me :p

unfortunately i can only talk you into getting Andrejs Everitt's, cause ive got him, doing very well for carlton and racking up the possies
in his last couple hit outs for them!

Is there any particular reason why virtually nobody is picking Andrew Walker? Have I missed something? Has he been flagged for a different role this year or something?
No idea.

Was my first picked in DEF this year and hasn't budged. Brilliant SC scoring in that quarterback role last year.

I was pondering swapping out Caddy for Everitt, so can't knock you for it.

There are some good PODs in that team. I like the Whitfield selection. He's going to be an absolute star of the game in years to come and if he can avoid second year blues he could move a long way in that direction this year. Daniher's a handy selection too.

Kind of my thinking there. Daniher impressed me last year when he got on the field, I think he can be solid.

Reid simply looks a poor choice.

I keep hearing that. Like was said earlier, good player, bad SCer? Had that same problem when I started playing Fantasy NFL - always picked good players who were crap on fantasy teams.

Is there any particular reason why virtually nobody is picking Andrew Walker? Have I missed something? Has he been flagged for a different role this year or something?

Maybe because he's the only non-DPP in the top of the DEF list? I know that was my reason for swapping in McVeigh for him.

Probably most are picking Mitchell for the DPP and money being spent elsewhere. If you could have him as POD you are laughing

$110.5k left over,

Death_star1.png

You're looking in Alderaan places if you are thinking of picking Everitt I reckon! :D:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

id look to downgrade tyson to a aish save your self around 40k

and minson to possibly lobbe? save your self around 120k

or as a pod go for pyke like me :p

unfortunately i can only talk you into getting Andrejs Everitt's, cause ive got him, doing very well for carlton and racking up the possies
in his last couple hit outs for them!
Not a chance. This is Tyson's first full pre-season and according to all reports he is training the house down. He is ready to explode and has been in the system since 2012. Aish on the other hand is a first year player who is only 40k cheaper than Tyson and will struggle cracking what I think is a very good Brisbane midfield. Tyson will walk straight into that rabble's midfield and have an immediate impact. In my opinion he will be 450k+ by the end of the year.

$5k left over

DEF: Mitchell (HAW) Hanley (BRIS) Enright (GEEL) Swallow (GCS) Shaw (SYD) McDonald (NM) ROOKIES: Langford (HAW) Georgiou (MELB)

MID: Ablett (GCS) Watson (ESS) Cotchin (RICH) Beams (COLL) Thomas (CARL) Tyson (MELB) Polec (PORT) Ellis (WCE) ROOKIES: Michie (MELB) Crouch (ADEL)

RUCKS: Sandilands (FRE) Hampson (RICH) ROOKIES: Nankervis (SYD) Thurlow (ESS)

FORWARS: Dangerfield (ADEL) Martin (RICH) Wingard (PORT) Mitchell (SYD) Caddy (GEEL) Rohan (SYD) ROOKIES: Kersten (GEEL) Kennedy Harris (MELB)

That looks like a superb team as long as the few risks you have in there pay off. I feel Hanley is a tag risk, Hampson is a mid-price risk, but it seems a lot of people are going for similar players to partner Sandi and I think Mitchell is one that could either plod along in the 70-80's with a predominantly forward role or he could rack them up through the midfield.

Walker, McVeigh, Mitchell, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler, (C.Cameron, Langford)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Martin, Michie, Polec, (Crouch, N.Robertson)

Ryder, Sandilands, (Thurlow, King)

Dangerfield, Wingard, Dixon, Hurley, Kersten, Kennedy-Harris (Z.Merrett, Lloyd)

20k left, back up plan if some forward rookies don't bob up is drop michie for someone of rookie price and get Rohan in as f5, and maybe go Rockliff to Ziebell if i need more cash to do other things

Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Rockliff, Beams, Martin, Michie, Polec, (Crouch, N.Robertson)

20k left, back up plan if some forward rookies don't bob up is drop michie for someone of rookie price and get Rohan in as f5, and maybe go Rockliff to Ziebell if i need more cash to do other things

I'd be keeping Michie,

Laidler or even Jmart I would downgrade to raise $$,

Anyone keen on Tex Walker? I know he is a key position forward and like to stay away from them like everyone else...but at his price, with his goal kicking ability....deserves some consideration? unless he is still struggling with the knee, haven't heard anything.

Nice looking team. Would ditch Hurley though tbh.

Def: Mitchell - Hanley - Simpson - swallow - McDonald - Langford (Langdon, B.Martin)

Mid: Ablett - Swan - Watson - Beams - Dyson - Polec - Ellis - Dunstan (Hallahan, Crouch)

Ruck: Ryder - Sandilands (Wood, Currie)

Fwds: Dangerfield - Martin - Wingard - Mitchell - JKH - Rohan (Bock, Kersten)

$180k left in the bank!

Any tips, criticism and opinions would be greatly appreciated guys! Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back