Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that is a no from you. Thanks for your, considered, response.

I obviously will be looking to get them in once the rookies appreciate and they (hopefully) depreciate.
By then youll be so far behind the pack youll have no hope of catching the leaders and nor will you be doing well in your leagues. Spend the money and save yourself the heartache later on. Either get Ablett or Pendles or have both but you wont do well unless you have at least one of them

On a sidenote, if Stokes, Bennell, Murphy and Beams are your 4 premos then I would be extremely worried. Can't slide Swan, Steven, Libba, Rockliff, Cotchin, Boyd, Sloane, Boak, Kennedy, anyone else in there?

On average, I've slipped an extra one into the forwards and one into the backs.

I'm strong to F5 across both lines.

If a defender puts their hand up then it won't take much to trade out Grimes, Bennell & Stokes for a rookie defender, Ablett & Pendles.

Hey guys, 90th effort.. keen on fitting in parker somehow but not sure how to go about it. Thoughts on PODS swallow & walters? Also seeking approval of sneaking danger in the mids..haha (21k Left)

Walker, Mitchell, Hanley
, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjashnji, McDonald. (Cutler & Georgiou)
Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Murphy, D. Beams, Mitchie, Polec, M. Crouch. (Dunstan & Aish)
Grundy, Sandilands. (Currie & Thurlow)
Martin, Franklin, Dixon, Walters, Bock, Rohan. (Kersten & Kennedy-Harris)

On average, I've slipped an extra one into the forwards and one into the backs.

I'm strong to F5 across both lines.

If a defender puts their hand up then it won't take much to trade out Grimes, Bennell & Stokes for a rookie defender, Ablett & Pendles.
While that's true, I'd wager that every midfielder I listed will have a higher average than any of your forwards or backs, apart from Mitchell and Danger.

The midfield is where the most points are scored, so you want to get the best premos there. There's a reason why all the 600K+ players are all in the mids, except for Dangerfield, who people are pretty much thinking of as an extra mid that they can get in their team.

Would love any feedback you have for my team, haven't had much time to do any rookie reading yet or watch many of the matches so any feedback on the rookies / some to watch out for would be amazing.
Supercoach team.png

Hey guys, 90th effort.. keen on fitting in parker somehow but not sure how to go about it. Thoughts on PODS swallow & walters? Also seeking approval of sneaking danger in the mids..haha (21k Left)
Walker, Mitchell, Hanley, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjashnji, McDonald. (Cutler & Georgiou)
Ablett, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Murphy, D. Beams, Mitchie, Polec, M. Crouch. (Dunstan & Aish)
Grundy, Sandilands. (Currie & Thurlow)
Martin, Franklin, Dixon, Walters, Bock, Rohan. (Kersten & Kennedy-Harris)

Bock is out till round 4. :thumbsu:

cheeeers.. oh hello jesse hogan
And goodbye Jesse Hogan who didn't play NAB round 1, is in a stacked Demons forward line who will get shoddy delivery and won't score that well due to being a 1st year KPF.

not disputing what you have put,
Thuggee_Cult can you shed any light on the theory, your my swans expert i listen to the most based on all your posts you seem to know your swans stuff.

scaryness is right in that McVeigh is one of our better clearance players, and one of our better onballers. Personally I think he is the best decision maker with the ball in the team.

For the first half of his career he has been a run with/tagging type player but under Roos's reign this was not uncommon with most of our midfielders. Also from 2007-10, our midfield wasn't as strong or has the depth it does now so he was prone to getting tagged himself.

Since Longmire has come along and the likes JPK, Jack, Hanneberry have attracted more attention he has been given a little more freedom to find space and use the ball as a go to man in midfield or defence, with the run with roles been given to the likes of O'Keefe and Bird.

Round 9 sounds about right in terms of when he moved down back last year. But a quick look below would tell us his overall ouptut didn't change a lot.

Rounds 1-9
9 games
Total: 963
Ave: 107

Rounds 10-22
12 games
Total: 1284
Ave: 107

However, his lowest scores as a backman where a bit lower than his low scores as a mid, so his scoring consistency is better as a mid. I was pretty certain he would end up back in the midfield this year but now it looks as if he will be back in defence more often.

I don't think he will match last years output, but he should at worst be around the 100 mark.

Would love any feedback you have for my team, haven't had much time to do any rookie reading yet or watch many of the matches so any feedback on the rookies / some to watch out for would be amazing.
View attachment 44573

Rookies:
Fuller: hasn't been named in either pre-season game, so has to be a worry for round 1.
Kalashnikov: Some injury concerns - think it was a slight hammy strain? Keep an eye out.
Garlett: Also hasn't been named for either NAB match.

No real idea about the others, but I think Taylor's in doubt for round 1 too. Don't take my word for it though.

Premos/The Rest:
Just regurgitating what's been said elsewhere here, but Bartel is likely to have more time forward (esp. with Vardy now out) which may put a dampener on his scores. Ditto McVeigh who scores better off HB than as a mid, which has been mooted. (ed: read above post by someone much more familiar with McVeigh than I am :D )Zorko's value is also lessened greatly if he's stuck up forward again - no-one really knows how much midfield time he's going to get (but by all means roll the dice).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By then youll be so far behind the pack youll have no hope of catching the leaders and nor will you be doing well in your leagues. Spend the money and save yourself the heartache later on. Either get Ablett or Pendles or have both but you wont do well unless you have at least one of them

I started last year without either of Pendles and Ablett, and finished 34th.. o_O

After some help pls. Semi serious player, not out to win the overall comp, but play in a cpl of money leagues which are hotly contested.

View attachment 44606

Having KK, Michie & Polec on bench is too much $$ being wasted there,

Get in Langdon (def) for KK, Dunstan & MCrouch (mids) for 2 of the 150-200k mids you least prefer,

I'd even be inclined to downgrade M Thomas to either of cheaper mids above,

This should give you enough Cash to go Laidler > DSwallow/JGrimes

Fasolo was so-so in his NAB game on weeken, so not sure about him,

downgrading him might allow you to get an Adcock/Simpson etc instead of Grimes/Swallow,

FWIW & IMO

version 2, any suggestions?

i know the forward line is a bit Sydney orientated, but there to good to let go.

costly going without pendles?

e08e.png

I have taken a different tack and looked at this team, looking for value where possisble.

Def: J.McVeigh, S.Mitchell, K.Simpson, M.Suckling, L.McDonald, W.Langford (T.Cutler, A.Georgiou)
Mid: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Rockliff, S.Selwood, D.Beams, D.Thomas, V.Michie, X.Ellis (J.Polec, L.Dunstan)
Ruc: M.Lobbe, A.Sandilands
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, L.Franklin, D.Zorko, M.Wright, G.Rohan, J.Kennedy-Harris (S.Kersten, M.Honeychurch)
270K remaining for corrective trades.

I have a problem with Wright because he will not get as much midfield time as he did Vs Carlton. Danger was in 2nd gear all game until the 4th. With a full midfield I just don't see him scoring as well as he did. But if you were willing to take a punt.....

This is compared to the team I have been carefully crafting:
Def: J.McVeigh, A.Walker, S.Mitchell, M.Suckling, L.McDonald, W.Langford (J.Ramsay, A.Georgiou )
Mid: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, T.Cotchin, S.Selwood, D.Beams, V.Michie, J.Polec, X.Ellis (L.Dunstan, D.Wanganeen)
Ruc: M.Lobbe, A.Sandilands (D.Currie, F.Thurlow)
Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, T. Mitchell, D.Zorko, G.Rohan, J.Kennedy-Harris (S.Kersten, M.Honeychurch)
Only 79.9K left but have 10 players from each bye round. (If all rookies line up)
Backline is hamstrung for lack of rookies. Mid allows more options for genuine cash cows.

Hating the backs and forward rookies so this is the side i'm going with:

DEF: J. Bartel, J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, L. Hodge, K. Simpson, S. Hurn (W. Langford, T. Langdon)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Tyson, C. Beams, V. Michie, J. Polec, X. Ellis, D. Buckley, L. Dunstan (N. Robertson, M. Crouch)
RUC: M. Lobbe, A. Sandilands (T. Derickx, F. Thurlow)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich (J. Kennedy-Harris, S. Lloyd)

CASH LEFT: $10,500

Only have to worry about one line to upgrade.

Hating the backs and forward rookies so this is the side i'm going with:

DEF: J. Bartel, J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, L. Hodge, K. Simpson, S. Hurn (W. Langford, T. Langdon)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Tyson, C. Beams, V. Michie, J. Polec, X. Ellis, D. Buckley, L. Dunstan (N. Robertson, M. Crouch)
RUC: M. Lobbe, A. Sandilands (T. Derickx, F. Thurlow)
FWD: P. Dangerfield, N. Riewoldt, D. Martin, C. Wingard, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich (J. Kennedy-Harris, S. Lloyd)

CASH LEFT: $10,500

Only have to worry about one line to upgrade.
i respect you for thinking outside the box. if i was you i would drop a defender, get L McDonald and grab another mid (D Beams - you won't see him cheaper)

V4.0

DEF - Thompson , Hanley , Vlastuin , S Shaw , Kolodjashnij , Laidler ( Fuller , Georgiou )

MID - Gaj , Pendles , Danger , S Mitchell , Wingard , Vince , Whitfield , Daisy ( Morabito , Wanganeen )

RUC - Nicholls , Sandi ( Currie , Naismith )

FWD - Franklin , Cameron , Mayes , Hunter , Hogan , Rohan ( Garlett ( Haw ) , Kennedy-Harris )

24K left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back