Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 4.0 (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 hight price rookies on the pine:eek: downgrade both to someone like ramsey/landon crouch/lemmins and upgrade that spud Fasolo to someone better my 2 cents worth.

Dunstan (132k) is still reasonably priced to be sitting on bench,

nothing above 150k though, :thumbsu:

ok, i think i've finally settled on my team

mcveigh, mitchell, hanley, suckling, webster, mcdonald (fuller, langdon)

ablett, pendles, cotchin, d.beams, tyson, polec, ellis, dunstan (crouch, robertson)

leuenberger, sandilands (thurlow, nankervis)

dangerfield, martin, roughead, franklin, caddy, rohan (JKH, McCarthy)

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 4.17.50 pm.jpg hey guys, just wanted help with my team, haven't put mitchell in my back line, does this need to change?
i have $2,000 in the bank and will probably tinker with it a fair bit, but just don't know what to do. help please

Time for the critique JM!

Webster why?! Clurey why!? Clurey will not play round 1. Only chance is if both Trengove and Carlile don't pull up, but there is not much chance of that happening as both are fine. Hombsch is before Clurey on the pecking order, so that is why it would take both to be out.

Brisbane have such a bad start to the year with Hawks and Geelong, I can see Hanley scoring terribly in these first two. They will get slaughtered in both games.

Watson, great pick, as a few others though I am cautious. Doesn't mean it is a bad pick though, he will probably tear it up with a point to prove. I personally have steered clear though.

Why Langdon over Crouch? Can't see the reasoning here. Crouch will be one of the highest scoring mid rookies we have (obviously all considering he is named).

Do not see the benefit at all in spending the extra cash on Leuy over Lobbe. He won't score anymore than him, if he does it will be barely negligible. If you are going to go a premium ruck, actually spend the cash and get a premium. Goldy, Minson, Cox. Not worth spending 523 on Leuy. He will not make any money and stay around his 90-95 average.

Pav is a great pick, but do you honestly think he will play 22 games this year? You will be lucky to get 18. There is no way he will stay fit all season or even not be rested in their easier games man.

Kennedy? Rohan will score more than him. Kennedy is just not a SC friendly player at all, proved that last year.

Anyways besides that great team mate! I know I am just being picky on a few of the above points because it is you and I know how good of a SC player you are! :)

This is great feedback, thanks mate. Was just what I was after. :thumbsu:

The team that I have put down isn't obviously my finished team, more like a different scenario team to my originally team.

I'm actually thinking of taking the best parts from both teams and putting them together. LOL!

Agree with alot of what you said but hearing good things about Jimmy Webster so thinking he could be a good alternative for Laidler.

At Pavs price he is worth the risk I reckon. He may not play all 22 games but hopefully I have good cover by then when he does have a rest.

Yeah worried a bit about the tag with Hanley too. I actually like Grimes, Hurn and Swallow as cheaper options up back. All 3 are in my first team actually. I don't like spending much on defenders and prefer bang for my buck!

Lobbe is my R1 in my first team and I agree that there's not much difference between him and Leuenburger. I just wanted to see what team 2 looked like with Burger in it. Same with Crouch, he's in been in and out of my team but was just seeing what it looked like with Langdon DPP on mid bench to swing with McDonald, Hanley, etc.

I thought Clurey played well in NAB Challenge to play round 1 but you as a Port fan would definitely know more than me about him playing round 1 or not. Guess I have to go for Langdon or Langford at D7 instead?

Again thanks for the detailed feedback, its exactly what I was looking for mate from a gun supecoacher like yourself. :thumbsu:

View attachment 45956 hey guys, just wanted help with my team, haven't put mitchell in my back line, does this need to change?
i have $2,000 in the bank and will probably tinker with it a fair bit, but just don't know what to do. help please
Pretty weak midfield IMO

Agree with alot of what you said but hearing good things about Jimmy Webster so thinking he could be a good alternative for Laidler.
This is where I need to insert one of NSWCROW 's awesome gif's.

He didn't burn me in 2014, he disintegrated me..

This is where I need to insert one of NSWCROW 's awesome gif's.

He didn't burn me in 2014, he disintegrated me..

Will this suffice ??......

triple-h-angry.gif

View attachment 45956 hey guys, just wanted help with my team, haven't put mitchell in my back line, does this need to change?
I like it. Ryder is a gamble. We all know he can go huge though. CAN being the operative word.
Some good PoD's too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 45972 Okey dokey guys and gals, looking for a bit of constructive criticism on MILLSY'SMOB 2014! Dunno about Rshaw, and the Hoff, maybe better off with Laidler and Roughy?
not a fan to be honest with you man. only your midfield is strong. everything other line is really weak. sorry but id restructure it a bit.. but I like the PODs. go with your gut

View attachment 45972 Okey dokey guys and gals, looking for a bit of constructive criticism on MILLSY'SMOB 2014! Dunno about Rshaw, and the Hoff, maybe better off with Laidler and Roughy?

H-Mac and Menzel (think he is still injured?) are bad picks IMO. I'd trade those two out ASAP!

Maybe downgrade Fyfe to a rookie so you can get more cash to fix those two spots up?

I'd also downgrade Bartel to Hanley, Simpson or even Grimes to free up more cash too to use on making your backline stronger.

OMFG! The Regurgitator Higginator was BOG (and not the cr@p version).
Someone shoot me (Oscar Pistorius that's your cue) before I put him in the Skids!!!!

ahahah okay .. i just want thoughts on having danger in the midfield

IMO i think he's better value in the forward line.
Upgrade Rioli/Parker to him, bring in Liba/Cotch etc...

Also personally I'm thinking Jelwood is more of an upgrade target... interrupted preseason, and with players like Caddy/Duncan 'potentially' setting up for break outs, Guthrie playing through the mids etc I'm thinking Jelwood may (keyword may) begin the season a little slower.
He will still be top 4 mids end year, but personally I'm aiming at him as an upgrade post bye round.

IMO and FWIW (which ain't a lot as I'm no top scoring SC player and only a couple years into SC myself) :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back