Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 4.0 (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where I'm at.

View attachment 45904

Thoughts, critique appreciated.

It's fine pending rookie selections for Round 1. Structured for Byes well.

If Langdon can hold his spot; I would've preferred;

Clurey -> Langdon
Hurn -> Birchall

IMO Wingard is at his ceiling price. Another option may be;

Ryder -> Cox
Wingard -> Gunston

These are just alternatives, comes down to your confidence on which pairs will score better.

How am i looking 1 week out - not completely happy with mids at the moment

IMO C.Beams is too expensive for scoring potential. M.Crouch looks to be ready for Round 1. Extra 66k will be handy ie. Hurn -> Simpson/Hanley. Hodge is a favourable selection for mine.

How am i looking 1 week out - not completely happy with mids at the moment

I like your mids. Pretty unique selections with both Rockliff & Libba. Both have potential to go BIG. Just a query on Libba if he starts to get tagged.

The Caddy selection worries me. I'm a massive Cat supporter, and am very excited about Cads, but not 100% that he'll score 85/90+ each week.

Backline is also unique. Possibly risky having Hurn? I've never been convinced with him in SC. But it could pay off for ya!

Here's my rough team:

DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Swallow, Suckling, Laidler, McDonald (langdon, georgiou)

MID: Ablett, Stevie J, Watson, Beams, Polec, Michie, X Ellis, Dunstan (cunningham, crouch)

RUCK: Minson, Sandi (dericlx, king)

FOR: Danger, Rough, Martin, Wingard, T Mitchell, Rohan (thurlow, Kennedy-Harris)

Any feedback would be great!

Correct, but most people are willing to overlook 1 week if they believe he will have a break out year.
Better to pay $470K and miss 1 game than try and bring him in later for $570k
Disagree, no one will give up potentially 50-60 points in round 1 by having to play a rookie. You can always use a sideways prior to round 4 starting if he has absolutely dominated round 2 and 3 and set to rise high in price.

Disagree, no one will give up potentially 50-60 points in round 1 by having to play a rookie. You can always use a sideways prior to round 4 starting if he has absolutely dominated round 2 and 3 and set to rise high in price.

Agree, he's not a must have at that price with injury history. Still get a couple of looks at him before any price rise and unless you've picked the perfect team will be looking to offload someone as a corrective trade anyway.

I'm not saying i would, i wouldn't.. but based on a lot of comments around the traps plus previous years its never been an issue for people.

I'm not saying i would, i wouldn't.. but based on a lot of comments around the traps plus previous years its never been an issue for people.
Everyone talks about doing it, but come just before lockout they always change. It was the same with SJ last year, a lot of people were saying they were going to grab him anyway, but did not see many round 1 teams with him actually in it.

Here's what I'm thinking lads

McVeigh, Mitchell, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler (Langdon, Georgiou)
Ablett, Rockliff, Libba, Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec (Ellis, Dunstan)
Lobbe, Sandi (Currie, Thurlow)
Dangerfield, Martin, Dixon, Franklin, Pavlich, Rohan (JKH, Lloyd)

Think I'm pretty set now pending rookie selections. Still have 210k in the bank..
Definitely a different team. Very risky starting without one of Ablett or Pendles. For mine I would upgrade Johnson to one of those two.

Just feel that your not getting enough return around the ground for your 4/0/6 midfield. Really need to try and get Danger into your fwds I think. Upgrade one of Caddy or Wright.

Hi All, Please rate my team and any suggestions or weaknesses would be helpful. Team 1 or Team 2.

Difference between the 2 teams

Team 1 has Caddy, Langdon and Fuller
Team 2 has Tyson, Ellis Michie

Attachments

• team 1.JPG
    team 1.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Team 2.JPG
    Team 2.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 6
Definitely a different team. Very risky starting without one of Ablett or Pendles. For mine I would upgrade Johnson to one of those two.

Just feel that your not getting enough return around the ground for your 4/0/6 midfield. Really need to try and get Danger into your fwds I think. Upgrade one of Caddy or Wright.
I'm hearing ya but I'm not convinced Ablett will get off to a flyer , likewise danger, of course at some stage they're going to be in as will Pendles, but prepared to take the punt early on them not flying, which I think caddy and wright both will. But I hear your point, risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point;

Defenders: Walker, Mitchell, Swallow, Pittard, Sutcliffe, McDonald (Fuller, Georgiou)
Midfielders: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Kennedy, Beams, Zaharakis, Tyson, Polec, Ellis (Cunningham, Crouch)
Ruck: Mumford, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Gray, Pavlich, Dahlhaus, Wright, Lamb (Bourke, Kennedy-Harris)

Top 10 maybe not 5.
Ablett, Pendels, Swan, Selwood, Griffin, Watson, Cotchin, Johnson, fyfe, Rockliff

Fair call, but I reckon beams will finish above cotchin, fyfe, swan and Watson. Not many players average 120+

Edit: Johnson too actually

Edit edit: Plus I'd take a top ten midfielder for less than 500k any day of the week

Last edited:
It's honestly quite baffling as to why you wouldn't start with Beams.
He's priced at 92 ppg.

He averaged 120+ in 2012 and still averaged 102 with an interrupted/injury riddled preseason/season.
Based on those two numbers, with a full pre season, you'd be conservative to say he will average 105 at worst, but i'd be expecting around 115.

2012 fully fit, 7 of his last 11 games were scores of 143 or more.

Just a no brainer.

Def: Mitchell, Hanley, Enright, DSwallow, Suckling. Mcdonald (Laidler/Georgiou)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Aish, Polec, Ellis (Michie/Dunstan)
Ruck: Sandi, Berger (Thurlow/King)
Fwd: Danger, Martin, Zorko, Gray, Fasolo, Rohan (JKH/Honeychurch)

$7,300 left over

i don't trust the lower end players in defence so have stacked it with players who will play and should be good consistent scorers

the mids i like for cash cows and i think there's a lot of question marks over the high end premiums to wait n see
ppl like GRiff (back) Swan (wrist) Watson (Asada) Stevie J (Susp) Selwood (leg/hammy)
think by round 8-10 there'll be some cheap premiums to upgrade too
the forwards are a complete mystery to me - no rockliff, beams, sidebum or anything this year so i'm punting on zorko and gray getting a good run at it

any thoughts?
(forgot Aish in the mids!)

Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis (Michie/Dunstan)

$7,300 left over

i don't trust the lower end players in defence so have stacked it with players who will play and should be good consistent scorers

the mids i like for cash cows and i think there's a lot of question marks over the high end premiums to wait n see
ppl like GRiff (back) Swan (wrist) Watson (Asada) Stevie J (Susp) Selwood (leg/hammy)
think by round 8-10 there'll be some cheap premiums to upgrade too
the forwards are a complete mystery to me - no rockliff, beams, sidebum or anything this year so i'm punting on zorko and gray getting a good run at it

any thoughts?

Really well balanced team, if you nail your rookies you should do very well.

My question is around David Swallow, what do you expect him to average..?
Personally no more than 85, IMO.

So somebody like Laidler will play early, and should score in the 60-80 range.

Whats worth more? 10-20 ppg more or 260k..?

Really well balanced team, if you nail your rookies you should do very well.

My question is around David Swallow, what do you expect him to average..?
Personally no more than 85, IMO.

So somebody like Laidler will play early, and should score in the 60-80 range.

Whats worth more? 10-20 ppg more or 260k..?

Swallow i'm hoping can average in the 90's tbh this year ... he's had some injuries last few years and this year he has some players around him too to take some heat off.
90's avg for the year i'll keep him all year round.
If anything i'll maybe DG Suckling to a playing rookie before R1 - suckling at his best avg 80 and can't see him going higher than that this year as well

At this point;

Defenders: Walker, Mitchell, Swallow, Pittard, Sutcliffe, McDonald (Fuller, Georgiou)
Midfielders: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Kennedy, Beams, Zaharakis, Tyson, Polec, Ellis (Cunningham, Crouch)
Ruck: Mumford, Sandilands (Currie, Thurlow)
Forwards: Dangerfield, Gray, Pavlich, Dahlhaus, Wright, Lamb (Bourke, Kennedy-Harris)
Zarka has'nt been as good since he won the clubs b&F if he had dpp yeah maybe.someone daisy could score about the same daisy maybe little bit more.Unsure if lamb we score more than rohan or any other rookie forward.

Zarka has'nt been as good since he won the clubs b&F if he had dpp yeah maybe.someone daisy could score about the same daisy maybe little bit more.Unsure if lamb we score more than rohan or any other rookie forward.

Yeah, I think Zaka could be in for a big year. Was up and down last year, but at his best has the potential to average 100+ IMO. He is one of a few that I am still tossing up.
I think Lamb will get more midfield time in an average side than Rohan. He kicked 1.4, admittedly, against St. Kilda. He makes that 3.2 or 4.1 and gets a couple more touches, and all of a sudden he is averaging 75-85.

As said, there are a few that I am still tossing up and the last round of practice matches will be telling to the final make up of my side.

i agree on Zaha - if he was DPP then go for it ... but not worth the money for pure mid and iffy injury history ... i would save money and punt on Daisy and upgrade a defender as having Swallow, Pittard & Sutcliffe as well as Mcdonald on field is very risky

Rethink Lamb as well - playing in an average side will be hard to average more than 50-60 ... more value in someone like Rohan or Fasolo

Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Libba, Beams, Tyson, Aish, Polec, Ellis (Michie/Dunstan)

$7,300 left over

any thoughts?
(forgot Aish in the mids!)
2 hight price rookies on the pine:eek: downgrade both to someone like ramsey/landon crouch/lemmins and upgrade that spud Fasolo to someone better my 2 cents worth.

Wowee Fasolo is cheap thought he was 300k hes almost free.
he is dirt cheap haha
Blair is injured as well so he will get a fair crack at it
2011 (last full fit year i think) averaged 70 odd as well

Michie and Laidler are higher priced so i'm waiting for teams before confirming that ... but rather have them as they will play early and go up then a player who may play 1 then get dropped and save $40k or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back