Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 4.0 (Post NAB)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahahah okay .. i just want thoughts on having danger in the midfield
Yes if you want to start with more fwd rookies or have mid fwd swap/s and can't find an available rookie fwd/mid.
No if you want to maximize mid rookies.

ahahah okay .. i just want thoughts on having danger in the midfield
Not my cup of tea. Not sure why you'd want to waste a midfield position on a forward option

IMO i think he's better value in the forward line.
Upgrade Rioli/Parker to him, bring in Liba/Cotch etc...

Also personally I'm thinking Jelwood is more of an upgrade target... interrupted preseason, and with players like Caddy/Duncan 'potentially' setting up for break outs, Guthrie playing through the mids etc I'm thinking Jelwood may (keyword may) begin the season a little slower.
He will still be top 4 mids end year, but personally I'm aiming at him as an upgrade post bye round.

IMO and FWIW (which ain't a lot as I'm no top scoring SC player and only a couple years into SC myself) :oops:
cheers buddy appreciate it.. just really comes down to Murphy vs Parker
Yes if you want to start with more fwd rookies or have mid fwd swap/s and can't find an available rookie fwd/mid.
No if you want to maximize mid rookies.
im set on a 5 premo mid set up considering that players such as beams and Murphy are considered prems

cheers buddy appreciate it.. just really comes down to Murphy vs Parker

im set on a 5 premo mid set up considering that players such as beams and Murphy are considered prems
Not by me.

Furphy and Beames are not in the same category. Beames is a better SC player by a country mile IMO

I need to pick 1 more FWD and my options are either HALE, JOSH KENNEDY, JACK GUNSTON... Any advice?

Here is my side (so far), any thoughts or recommendations?

Cheers :thumbsu:
Gunston IMO

Here's my team, very risky

DEF: Bartel, Mitchell, Enright, Birchall, Webster, McDonald, Fuller, Langdon

MID: Ablett, Watson, Libba, Cotchin, M.Thomas, Tyson, Ellis, Dunstan, Crouch, Honeychurch

Ruck: Lobbe, Hampson, Thurlow, King

FWD: Danger, Dusty, Gunston, Wright, Higgins, B, Kennedy, JKH, Taylor

MID: Ablett, Watson, Libba, Cotchin, M.Thomas, Tyson, Ellis, Dunstan, Crouch, Honeychurch

I reckon you're absolutely mad not to have Sandi in. Fuller still unlikely to get early games, as is Taylor IIRC. Wright looks set to tag (though I don't know who was injured today or if that changes anything). I think Webster's awkwardly priced too, but I guess it's a bit of a crapshoot with the Saints this season, so I can't really say anything with any confidence there.

----------------

Here's mine. SC (and/or my comp) being unco-operative, hence the DTlive. Rookies still subject to confirmation...also tempted to ditch King and use Honeychurch as a donut/pseudo-downgrade later on. Rookies pending OFC. Thoughts?

upload_2014-3-7_22-52-46.png

I think I've had too much to drink but I think I see a Higgins in your team???

Bartel... don't get me wrong... amazing player!! Love him. But I don't know about value from him at his current price. IMO he's almost a utility player... he can play anywhere, and Scottie will chuck him where we need him most depending how the games going, and that may or may not always benefit his SC score.
I think you're better off looking at McVeigh/Walker for that price.

Personally I'm staying away from Watson for the time being ASADA yada yada. However... he could come out with a point to prove and go BANG!!

I had Wright in Draft last year... so many ups and downs... unfortunately for me the ups where when I had a clear win, the downs on the opposite. If he can stay consistent though could be a great POD (if he's still a POD... seen him in a few teams of late).

I'm with you bro, Hampson much better value than Sandi and Higgins is a lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have had a rejig and got Higgins in as well. Think his price this year is worth the risk of injury.

D: Walker, Mitchell, Swallow, Pittard, Sutcliffe, McDonald
M: Pendlebury, Rockliff, Liberatore, Kennedy, Beams, Kelly, Polec, Ellis
R: Mumford, Sandilands
F: Dangerfield, Gray, Pavlich, Wright, Caddy, Higgins

Rookies subject to round 1.

9eta7ara.jpg
nadahe8y.jpg
my side. How has Hurn's preseason gone? Thoughts on Lloyd?

Have had a rejig and got Higgins in as well. Think his price this year is worth the risk of injury.

Very shaky forward line for mine.

Very shaky forward line for mine.

You have to take some risks, and I reckon the forward line is it this year. Could pay off, may leave me in strife, but, I don't rate many, if any, of the rookies in the forward line, so mid-pricers was the way to go, for me. Wasn't a huge fan of a bunch of the premium forwards either, to be honest.

Gray, Higgins, Sandilands and Mumford are all big injury risks.
Mumford is also prone to brain farts.

Kelly is a prime vest candidate and I just don't see Swallow becoming 100+ player.

Walker as D1 is a great POD but I get very nervous about players with only 1 break out year.

I agree, forward rookies are a bit shite this season (aren't they always!?) if you're going to, it's probably the best area to roll the dice on this season.

That being said, you can't go in blind though, if you taking 2-3 risks you'd be planing for 1-2 to be successful and always have a plan b, c for the ones which don't...

Anywho lads, I'm over here in the wonderfully chilly UK atm, so it's been a bit hard keeping up with footy pre-season. I'll be back before round two, so the team will have to be done while I'm here!

I think I've put together a competitive team for 2014, but it's been hard to find exactly who is injured, playing well, changed possies, the solid rookies, etc. with limited resources, but I've put this together... all tips/criticism appreciated :thumbsu:

Screen_Shot_2014_03_08_at_1_22_28_am.png
How much cash do you have left? Forward rookies are slim pickings prob should only have one on the ground unsure on grundy.

Gray, Higgins, Sandilands and Mumford are all big injury risks.
Mumford is also prone to brain farts.

Kelly is a prime vest candidate and I just don't see Swallow becoming 100+ player.

Walker as D1 is a great POD but I get very nervous about players with only 1 break out year.

Definitely think that there are injury risks associated, but not so much with Gray as you think. He had the one big ACL, before that, he was relatively injury prone, but nothing too severe. And, after he came back last year, he showed why he is regarded highly. He came back well, and I think will have a better seson this year. Higgins, especially, yes. But, I think at the price this year, he is worth the risk. Sandilands, while and injury risk is nullified. Everyone has in. If we're going down, we all go down together. I think at GWS, Mumford will have a far greater leadership role and, this should reel in a few of those brain fades, I think.
Think Kelly will prove a lot this year. I'd be surprised if he got too much of the vest. Is a strong lad for his age and should get good minutes, IMO.
And, personally, I can't see Walker going backwards. Know he will get thrown around the ground a little, but has the tank to get around the ground and get involved from any position.

But, like the knocks on all of these players, everything is speculative. I think this year, some players are well worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back