Your All Australian Team after 6 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
Good to see that you have Jonathan Brown where he belongs. He will get the AA CHF this year.

Name - Games, Goals.Behinds,Marks,Kicks,Handballs
Tredrea - 6, 23.13, 57, 107, 24
J.Brown - 4, 7.5, 40, 48, 27

Averages per Game - Tredrea - Brown
Goals - 3.8 - 1.8
Marks - 9.5 - 10
Kicks - 17.8 - 12
Handballs - 6 - 6.8

Summary: Tredrea kicks 2 goals more a game then Brown. Brown is slightly ahead in marks per game (but is distorted by the exceptional game against Hawthorn where he took 17 marks. Remove both players best marking game i.e. 17 for Brown and 12 for Tredrea and Brown's average drops from 10 per game to 7.7 while Tredrea's drops from 9.5 per game to 9.0). Tredrea clearly gets more of the ball while Brown only seems to kick the ball everytime he marks.

Brown teases people with being as good as Tredrea but fails to deliver.

MCPHEE is a dead set cert so far.

best hbf in the game at the moment

b voss good but not as creative or as flexible or as good overhead or at kicking goals as mcphee

I am glad to see Pav is only idling when he was leading the league in tackles and top 6 in possessions up to last week.

Can't wait for him to hit his straps.

I think Mcphee has to go ahead of Brett Voss at this stage.

all this Brown v Tredrea talk is starting to sound a little like the Hird v Buckley debates... FWIW, Barry Hall should probably be mentioned with those two. Stats wise this season he'd have to be around about the same..

Originally posted by FreoRules
I am glad to see Pav is only idling when he was leading the league in tackles and top 6 in possessions up to last week.

Can't wait for him to hit his straps.

Was unaware of those stats, just felt his form has been so so and the standouts have been Hasleby and McPharlin, with Bell solid. I put Pav behind those three.

Originally posted by kaysee
Name - Games, Goals.Behinds,Marks,Kicks,Handballs
Tredrea - 6, 23.13, 57, 107, 24
J.Brown - 4, 7.5, 40, 48, 27

Averages per Game - Tredrea - Brown
Goals - 3.8 - 1.8
Marks - 9.5 - 10
Kicks - 17.8 - 12
Handballs - 6 - 6.8

Summary: Tredrea kicks 2 goals more a game then Brown. Brown is slightly ahead in marks per game (but is distorted by the exceptional game against Hawthorn where he took 17 marks. Remove both players best marking game i.e. 17 for Brown and 12 for Tredrea and Brown's average drops from 10 per game to 7.7 while Tredrea's drops from 9.5 per game to 9.0). Tredrea clearly gets more of the ball while Brown only seems to kick the ball everytime he marks.

Brown teases people with being as good as Tredrea but fails to deliver.

Can you also drop their best goals game, and their best kicks game and their best handballs game and see where it stands. But because tredrea has played 6 games to browns 4, you should be dropping treadreas best game stats plus half of his next best game stats, so then you have their best 25% out of the equation.

Edit. And even truer indication of their effectiveness would be to compare their stats, to how many kicks per goal their team has, and then compare it to the overall competition. Both playing CHF the play usually goes through them, and this may be a good way to judge how effective each of their possessions are.

And with their marks, you should compare how many contested marks each player averages, and then weigh this up with the teams average contested marks.

Or PM me the stats and I will do it.

I love stats. :)

My Team

Heres my team ... and i think its pretty damn good ... plus theres no crappy collingwood players (sorry there all sh-t)!!! lol

B: J.Rivers M.Michael J.Smith
HB: M.Pavlich C.Cornes N.Lappin
C: L.Hayes B.Cousin C.Judd
F: J.Hird J.Brown W.Tredrea
FF: N.Brown F.Gehrig D.Neitz

R: J.White P.Haselby S.West

Int: P.Everitt L.McPharli P.Burgoyne P.Bell

B. M.Micheal (BRIS) L.McPharlin (FREO) B.Johnson (COLL)
HB. B.Voss (STK) C.Cornes (PORT) A.McPee(ESS)
C. N.Eagleton (BULL) P.Burgoyne (PORT) L.Hayes (STK)
HF. C.Judd (WCE) W.Tredrea (PORT) J.Hird (ESS)
FF. B.Hall(MELB F.Gehrig (STK) P.Metera (BRIS)
FOLL. P.Everitt (HAW) P.Hasleby (FREO) P.Bell (FREO)

INT. C.Mooney (GEEL) B.Cousins(WCE) S.Black (MELB)
M.Pavlich (FREO)

Originally posted by go team
all this Brown v Tredrea talk is starting to sound a little like the Hird v Buckley debates... FWIW, Barry Hall should probably be mentioned with those two. Stats wise this season he'd have to be around about the same..

Hall would be right up there with Tredrea IMO. Brown has a few more BOG's before he gets to those two's level this year. Hall has been great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B. J.Rivers(MELB) M.Michael (BRIS) B.Johnson (COLL)
HB. B.Voss (STK) C.Cornes (PORT) M.Lappin(CARL)
C. S.West (BULL) P.Burgoyne (PORT) L.Hayes (STK)
HF. C.Judd (WCE) W.Tredrea (PORT) J.Hird (ESS)
FF. D.Neitz (MELB) F.Gehrig (STK) B.Hall(SYD)
FOLL. P.Everitt (HAW) P.Hasleby (FREO) P.Bell (FREO)

INT. J.White (MELB) S.Black(BRIS) N.Lappin (BRIS)
M.Pavlich (FREO)

Originally posted by Ten Ton Hammer
I mean Bazza!!!!

Anyway chemical whats your opioun about hall this year so far!!!
Well Bazza should be a walk in for the AA side. He gave the young swans inspiration against the bummers when he took on 2 or 3 opponents and outplayed them easily. hes gotta be strong than mal michael for sure. just unlucky not to have more goals as the feeding from the midfield to the forward line isnt too great at the moment

Originally posted by chemical
Well Bazza should be a walk in for the AA side. He gave the young swans inspiration against the bummers when he took on 2 or 3 opponents and outplayed them easily. hes gotta be strong than mal michael for sure. just unlucky not to have more goals as the feeding from the midfield to the forward line isnt too great at the moment

he is good, but he is behind Neitz, gehrig, tredrea and Brown

Cant see B.Hall gettting a gig ahead of any of them

Originally posted by electricsix
MCPHEE is a dead set cert so far.

best hbf in the game at the moment

b voss good but not as creative or as flexible or as good overhead or at kicking goals as mcphee

better HBF than Bizzell?

I dont think so

B: A. Jones M. Michael C. Bizzell
HB: C. Cornes M. Maguire A. McPhee
C: C. Judd L. Hayes P. Haselby
HF: J. Hird J. Brown J. Akermanis
F: B. Hall F. Gehrig P. Matera
Rks: P. Everitt P. Burgoyne A. Simpson
Int: C. Mooney P. Bell S. West N. Riewoldt

For all you Brown/ Treadrea debaters, Brown plays a lot differently to Treadrea. He pushs further up the ground, thats why he doesnt kick as many goals. He isn't as goal hungry as Warren.

Originally posted by walsh
For all you Brown/ Treadrea debaters, Brown plays a lot differently to Treadrea. He pushs further up the ground, thats why he doesnt kick as many goals. He isn't as goal hungry as Warren.
****ing gold that is, usually people are criticising Tredrea for pushing up the ground, and now he apparently doesn't?

In the eyes of many Brown has this magical knack of always playing exactly where Tredrea isn't, as the argument suits it, so as to always be better.

There is no debate among people that know football. Tredrea currently is, and has been better than Brown. Brown may one day be better, but that day is not today or yesterday.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
he is good, but he is behind Neitz, gehrig, tredrea and Brown

Cant see B.Hall gettting a gig ahead of any of them
not behind neitz and brown. gehrig was shocking in the lions game. looks like a chook with his head cut off when he goes up the ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

Your All Australian Team after 6 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back