Remove this Banner Ad

nietz has had a better year than hall so far at FF

and the selectors will never have hall, gerhig and nietz on the FF line

in my books the ebst Hall can hope for is the bench

Originally posted by melbournemartin
nietz has had a better year than hall so far at FF

and the selectors will never have hall, gerhig and nietz on the FF line

in my books the ebst Hall can hope for is the bench

Touch and go there...A long way to go, both just about neck and neck IMO, Neitz slightly ahead but Hall is right at Neita's heels.

May as well have a go..probably different to a few others

Backs: B. Voss (St. K) Michael (Bris) Penny (St. K)
Half-Backs: McPhee (Ess) McPharlin (Frem) C. Cornes (P. Adel)
Centres: B. Harvey (Kang) Hasleby (Frem) Ricciuto (Adel)
Half-Forwards: Hird (C - Ess) Tredrea (P. Adel) Bruce (Melb)
Forwards: N. Brown (Rich) Gehrig (St. K) Neitz (Melb)
Rucks: J. White (Melb) Cousins (WCE) West (W. Bull)

Interchange: J. Brown (Bris) P. Burgoyne (P. Adel) Kirk (Syd) Bell (Frem)

Coach - Neale Daniher

Originally posted by pazza
May as well have a go..probably different to a few others

Backs: B. Voss (St. K) Michael (Bris) Penny (St. K)
Half-Backs: McPhee (Ess) McPharlin (Frem) C. Cornes (P. Adel)
Centres: B. Harvey (Kang) Hasleby (Frem) Ricciuto (Adel)
Half-Forwards: Hird (C - Ess) Tredrea (P. Adel) Bruce (Melb)
Forwards: N. Brown (Rich) Gehrig (St. K) Neitz (Melb)
Rucks: J. White (Melb) Cousins (WCE) West (W. Bull)

Interchange: J. Brown (Bris) P. Burgoyne (P. Adel) Kirk (Syd) Bell (Frem)

Coach - Neale Daniher

Pretty spot on there.

Purely to blance out the side, Penny would probably be a casualy for someone like Joel Smith,Chris Johnson or Ben Johnson.

i think that Neile Daniher would be a great option for coach

why?

grant thomas and leigh matthews have great lists that you know are gunna preform each match

as opposed to Neile who has had to drag his team out of 2003 into this year and has done it exceptionally

Neitz should be at FF

Gehrig is not worthy of AA

He is just another Scott Cummings. Right place at the right time, feeding off a very very good midfield

as for Neitz, not only is he AA full forward, but he should be AA captain

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
Neitz should be at FF

He is just another Scott Cummings. Right place at the right time, feeding off a very very good midfield

Although I'm a Melbourne fan I'd have to disagree with you there.

Gehrig's form this year has been exceptional IMO. Neita has been very good too.

Midfield delivery shouldn't come into consideration IMO.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
Neitz should be at FF

Pull you head out of your arse, young man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nietz and gerhig have to both be in the AA team

one at FF and one in the pocket or perhaps the bench

i think that OVERALL nietz is a better full forward but gerhig has had a stellar start baring the game vs brisbane

neitz only kicked 2 and was held held vs carlton and one goal was from a dodgey free kick but since we thrashed them no one realli cared

The bottom line is there have been a lot of good players over the first 6 weeks and it's impossible to squeeze them all in. We'll have to wait for the halfway mark until we get a better indication of who might/might not make it.

Originally posted by MarkT
I though he was very good against Richmond but he literally ran out of steam. Apart from anything else that may have taken from his last Q he should have been on the goal line for that kick. I wouldn;t mind him as the AA ruckman but he couldn;t ruck all day if it was a real side and another ruckman would have to be selected as well.

It's true that he was buggered by the end of the match on Friday night. There was a crucial piece of play when scores were tied when the ball seemed as if it was going to go out-of-bounds on the centre wing.

But it just stopped before the line and Ben Marsh was able to get to it first because his opposing player, Everitt, was basically buggered and was praying it didn't go out. But it was easy to see why Everitt was so tired, because he worked so hard during the match, trying to make up for the lacklustre efforts of his teammates. BOG for mine.

Scott Burns would get a gig from my biased perspective. People will think more of Ben Jonhnson by the end of the year but he lacks a bit of class to be in the elite bracket at present.

Hard to see how Burns could get an AA spot atm as he was completely ineffective against Richmond (lowest possession tally in a match since 2001), was carrying an injury against Freo and was stationed in the forward line for the latter stages and was injured for 3-quarters of the match against Port.

Ben Johnson is a good pick though. The way he's played this year in a struggling side has leadership stamped all over it.

As for potential candidates from Richmond... none come to mind. Brown has been our best but I think he's a fair way off AA material at the minute.

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
Good to see that you have Jonathan Brown where he belongs. He will get the AA CHF this year.

Have u even seen tredrea play this year, his form so far is up there for brownlow contention let alone all australian centre half forward.

brown still has a presence that i dont think tredrae has as much

im mainly talking about a physical one here

tredrae is a better CHF but brown is the future

how old is tredrae anyway?

So what if Brown is the future of key position forwards, if he isn't the best player in his position he shouldn't get an AA gurseney.

Tredrea is still only 25, hardly a relic of the AFL as you seem to think.

Originally posted by FreoRules
I am glad to see Pav is only idling when he was leading the league in tackles and top 6 in possessions up to last week.

Can't wait for him to hit his straps.

I think Mcphee has to go ahead of Brett Voss at this stage.

i agree with Mcphee going into the side. in the few essendon games i have watched he has been near best on ground every time.

nietz and gerhig have to both be in the AA team

one at FF and one in the pocket or perhaps the bench

i think that OVERALL nietz is a better full forward but gerhig has had a stellar start baring the game vs brisbane

neitz only kicked 2 and was held held vs carlton and one goal was from a dodgey free kick but since we thrashed them no one realli cared

From an unbiased perspective:

How was Neitz meant to kick more than 2 goals when the ball kept going through the goals from 40, 50, 60m's out?
Hardly any kicks landed in the hot spot bar a few.
The Melbourne engine room is up and running. I think everyone better start showing some respect.

After 81 games, Tredrea was first picked as AA CHF.
Brown has already played 80 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your All Australian Team after 6 rounds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back