James Bond 008

Senior List
Jul 19, 2008
VIC park
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey

L&G

Just wanted to know what the biggest bet you have laid out on the Afl weather it be 1ST Goal kicker or Brownlow?

Mines $250 On Brett Deliedo to win Richmonds Jack Dyer Medal.
Paying $7 i won $1,750.

CHEERS-

JB008

$200 on North to win the 1994 grand final placed in the pre-season when our odds were at something around 250:1. ****ing Geelong...

I'm by no means a big gambler, but I had $50 each way on Bartel to win his Brownlow at $9. Won $600, and I was pretty bloody happy about it.

not my bet,
but one of my best mates dad put $50 last year on a multi for geelong to win the flag and bartel to win the brownlow at the start of the season...paid something like 40k in return

worst thing is his not even a cats fan

not my bet,
but one of my best mates dad put $50 last year on a multi for geelong to win the flag and bartel to win the brownlow at the start of the season...paid something like 40k in return

worst thing is his not even a cats fan

Yup, that sounds about right. Start of 2007 season, I put $50 on Ablett for the Brownlow at 100-1, and I'm pretty sure I'd put $20 on Bartel to win it at 251-1 (was an online betting agency). Checked my bets half way into the season... Apparently I hadn't bet on Bartel, I'd bet on Ling... (who was also 251-1), clearly not intentional as no tagger is ever going to win the Brownlow... I still wonder if the betting agency changed it on me.

in football.. ricciuto to win brownlow for 50 on the year he won.. then the following year, 50 on ricciuto to finish top 5..

$10 each way on horse number 5 and $5 each way on the horse in barrier 5 in the 2007 melbourne cup.

the horse $10 each way came in first, $5 each way best came in 3rd. may have been the other way around. my very first cup cup bet, walked away with just over $600

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet a mate one hundred billion dollars that the swans would finish higher than the bombers last year.

He didn't pay up:(

I put $100 on Woewoden @ $23 in 2000 for the brownlow.
I put it on the night before as I thought he would poll well early on. What a bet that was, however the tab would have made their money back off me since then.
On a losing bet I had $250 on Black to beat Conney in the head to head brownlow count this year. Damn right up until the end I thought I had it too.

my biggest outlay would be $50 on a single game. but got rolled.

best return on investment from a football bet would be having $10 on James Bartel for the brownlow after round 6 or 7 last year at 17's.

in 2002 i had $5 glenn freeborn to kick the first goal of the game at 80-1, and he hit the post... would've covered my whole weekend, was shattered

$200 on Adelaide to beat Richmond at the TD a couple years back and had them at -43.5 points paying $1.95.
Richmond rolled them by a kick i think. Wasnt too happy.

Laid $200 each way on Leica Falcon in the Melb Cup a few years back, came 4th.

Put $10 on Collingwood to beat Port in the 2002 Qualifying final at $6 and then chucked $10 on Rupert Betheras 1st goal, collected $300 odd that night. Best night ever.

My biggest outlay was probably the GF this year. Not exactly what i'd call huge bets though.
3 bets:
$90 Hawks to win at $2.50
$20 Hodge to win Norm Smith at $13
$25 on Cats to lead at half time (don't remember odds, something like $2)

If Mooney hadn't had that ridiculous sprayed kick at half time I would have collected on all 3 too.

$650 on Geelong to score first when they played the kangaroos sometime in 2007. Also had $10 on Chapman first goal. Chapman kicked first goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your biggest bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back