Your biggest bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Havent bet on footy before as im not really a big better anyway. Coerced my dad to put $20 on Ebert to kick first goal in a match last year which won...which was nice.

Biggest would be $50 on some nags for myself.

A friend of mine put $4000 on Collingwood to beat Geelong in the 2007 Prelim. Under a kick in it to collect like $13000 I think it was. Then the next week the same guy put $10000 on North to beat Port :eek:

I put $150 on the Hawks -17.5 against the Swans. Got $2.10 odds I think as the punters wanted the Swans head start.

That was one of the best games I ever watched :D

Got a little scared after the 3rd quarter but the Hawks are strong and finish off games in the 4th.

TeamQ1Q2Q3Q4FinalHawthorn Hawks3.4 9.9 10.13 15.16 106 Sydney Swans2.4 4.6 8.9 10.15 75

A friend of mine put $4000 on Collingwood to beat Geelong in the 2007 Prelim. Under a kick in it to collect like $13000 I think it was. Then the next week the same guy put $10000 on North to beat Port :eek:

real rocket scientist, your mate

tho i cant really talk, $500 on ess 2000 gf for some skinney return then let it all ride 12 months later:(

This wasn't my biggest but it was my best return. After hearing all the hype over chris Dawes on the magpie board I decided to put $20 on him to kick the first goal of the match odd 24:1 I won $480, thakyou bigfooty

$50 on Hawks in last Years GF -39.5 @ $3.60

$50 on Freo last year to beat Geelong at Subi @ $5 (lost by a point thanks to Pav's kicking)

How could you get that line when geelong were favourites mate? thats not possible.
you can get that, u go for Hawks over 39.5, its not the actual line for the match though as Geelong were faves.
you can go geelong under or over 39.5 and same for Hawks.

I went to the Carlton v Kangaroos game this year with a mate of mine who is a lunatic Carlton supporter.
He was in a hurry before the game to get to the TAB.
We get in there and he takes $200 out and puts it on Carlton by 39+ points.
A North supporter next to him goes,"You're confident aren't you". My mate goes, "Yeah, one team have turned up to play today". The other guy just looked at him and said" we'll see who has turned up to play".
Anyway, Carlton got flogged - :p and my stupid Carlton supporter friend lost $200. :D:D:D
I was wondering what he was doing because North was on a roll at the time. I thought it was a dumb bet. :cool:

Hey

L&G

Just wanted to know what the biggest bet you have laid out on the Afl weather it be 1ST Goal kicker or Brownlow?

Mines $250 On Brett Deliedo to win Richmonds Jack Dyer Medal.
Paying $7 i won $1,750.

CHEERS-

JB008

Who takes bets on the B&F ?:confused:

And if true you won $1500, not $1750.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet for the draw in the 2006 Grand Final. Think it was paying between 29 and 31 at the tote. had $30 riding on it for a nice little payout.

Was sitting in the MCC members in the row with the MCC comittee, and i sat next to their guest of the day, one J.B.Cummings.

In the last quarter i pulled my slip out and told everyone that if it drew, its beers all round so everyone was pulling for the draw. Cummings lent aside and said the immortal words to me..."Good punting son".

WC won by a point so not to be. As J.B walked off, he shrugged and said "That's racing son".

top bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your biggest bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back