C-Chance Bateman, Luke Hodge, Clinton Young
HF-Shaun Burgoyne, Mitch Thorp, Lance Franklin
F-Cyril Riolli, Beau Dowler, Campbell Brown
R-Tim Walsh, Brad Sewell, Sam Mitchell
Int-Xavier Ellis, Brent Renouf, Josh Gibson, Jordan Lewis

Expect a break out season for Mitch Thorp, which will allow
Roughead to go back and shore up the defence. Tim Walsh
is my smokey, I really hope this guy gets elevated, the unlucky
player is Micheal Osborne, but i'm sure he'd play more than not, due to injuries.

Osborne is a better Forward than Brown and can also go back
Gibson will play down back Roughhead down Forward

I hope to see Thorpe but will only believe it when I see it.

Hawthorns Best 22 for round 2
* Bateman & Franklin will miss round 1 with susp

B B.Guerra S.Gilham J.Gibson
HB L.Hodge R.Schoen.. G.Birchall
C C.Bateman S.Mitchell J.Lewis
HF C.Brown L.Franklin C.Rioli
F B.Dowler J.Roughead M.Osborne
R S.Taylor X.Ellis B.Sewell

INT C.Young B.Renouf R.Ladson
S.Burgoyne

EMG B.Muston T.Murphy B.Whitecross

Hi guys thought id put up my team

Backline Guerra Gilham Brown

Gibson Shoenmakers Birchall

Guerra: Great kick under pressure needed on the Hawks last line of defence
Gilham: In Croads absence Hawthorns best KPD. Interrupted season this year should be better next year. Underated, really gets beaten
Brown: Saved many goals with his one percenters. Can play tall or short. Although moved foward at times, kicking for goal can let him down. Play him in a position where excelled in to get confidence back after an indifferent year.
Gibson: Can play tall or small and very agile. Finished 5th in Norths B&F so can provide much needed run through the middle if on the 3rd tall
Shoenmakers: Shining light of the year for mind. Hopefully he can improve next year to cement his spot at CHB. Will get betten at times, which is why Hawthorn got Gibson.
Birchall: Had an average year but at his best is a line breaker. Should get first shot in the starting 18

Centre line Young Mitchell Bateman

Young: Again a line breaker with his run, carry and big left boot. Missed this year and hopefully can regain fitness next year and show us that grand final form
Mitchell: Great in and under player and Hawthorns most consistant. Could have a better year next year if Burgoyne is playing at his best and taking the tag
Bateman: Hawks gut runner. Provides options when nothing is available. Can also play as a tagger

Fowards Burgoyne Franklin Rioli
Dowler Roughead Osborne

Burgoyne: Fantastic pick up if fit. Expect to rotate through the middle. Playing as a high flanker will provide much need run and carry, something Hawthorn has been lacking. Is also great around the stopages averages a goal a game
Buddy: Had a slow start to the season but will be better for it. Hopefully will continue on his form from the end of the season
Rioli: Hawthorns best player before injury this year. If he improves again will spend more time rotating through the middle. Dangerous around goal
Dowler: Played well in patches at the end of the year with his first half against Essendon arguably his best. With some experience under his belt and a full preseason can cover the lose of willow and then some as the 3rd tall
Roughead: Never got going in '09' for mind (expect against the blues)showed glimpses and faded late in the year. Big year next year
Osborne: Underated as a defensive foward. Can shut down opposition backs while kicking goals

Followers Taylor Hodge Sewell

Taylor: Much malinged. Big body. Hopefully can improve and stay injury free
Hodge: Can turn games. beautiful kick. Needs to be in teh middle if the backline is holding its own
Sewell: NO longer underated. Can do it all. Gun

Interchange Ellis, Lewis, Ladson, Renouf

Ellis: Needs a big year. Number 2 draft pick needs to get on the park consistantly and show why we drafted him so high
Lewis: In and under player who is behind Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge and now Burgoyne. May move foward but still an important part of the team
ladson:Great skills and has experience. He may face some pressure to hold his spot
Renouf: Showed some positives signs in 09 and now really needs to step up. May overtake Taylor by seasons end

That is my team, tried to pick a balanced line up with a mix of attacking and defensive players. Please feel free to discuss

Others Moss: Could force way in as a tagger
Muston: Would love him to crack into the 22 competing with Young, Birchall, Ladson for spots
Thorp: Who knows
Shiels: Another hard nut. Loved the way he plays. Will get a crack if injuries occur
Savage: Same as Shiels
Lisle: Not many key position players emerge past pick 50. Did show some promising form in the 2's
Croad: Hopefully gets back on the park. Still in the best 22
Bailey: Unlucky. Chances looking slim, but showed he could be the hawks best ruckman
Morton and Tuck: Lucky to still be there. Last year to try and prove the are up to it
Murphy: Still can be an important player. Would be nice to see him play a set role for a few weeks. May play alright around the middle
Whitecross: Started well. Should be better for the experience. May struggle to break into the team

My team for 2010:
B: Gibson Gilham Guerra
HB: Ladson Croad Birchall
C: Bateman Mitchell Burgoyne
HF: Rioli Franklin Osbourne
F: Brown, Roughead, Lewis
FOLL: Taylor, Sewell, Hodge
BENCH: Renouf, X.Ellis, C Young, Dowler
EMERG: Schoenmakers, L Shiels, B Muston.

No injuries, no room for the kids. Hodge & Lewis to swap through out game midfield/forward. Croad may not play but this is based on best players avail per hawks player list.

I was not really suprised to see that few teams included Thomas Murphy. But I do expect that he will play more than a few games in 2010 and perform a lot better, in a stronger defence.

I was not really suprised to see that few teams included Thomas Murphy. But I do expect that he will play more than a few games in 2010 and perform a lot better, in a stronger defence.

Hungry Hawk, You're right. Thomas Murphy was assigned more difficult tasks throughout season 2009. Filling the gap left by Croad & Gilhams injuries is very difficult for most to do. I thought he had a very good year in 2008. He is only 23 and there is plenty of upside to him. Will always take the 3rd forward though.

B - T.Murphy, S.Gilham, B.Guerra
HB - J.Gibson, R.Schoenmakers, G.Birchall
C - C.Bateman, S.Mitchell, X.Ellis
HF - C.Rioli, L.Franklin, S.Burgoyne
F - B.Dowler, J.Roughead, C.Brown
R - S.Taylor, B.Sewell, L.Hodge

Int - J.Lewis, B.Renouf, M.Osborne, B.Whitecross

This was actually a pretty hard assignment. Looking across our list I was surprised that we had some many players that could start in the first 22

Notes:
1) I reckon Murphy will be a lot better this year.
2) Schoenmakers is being groomed for CHB and will stay there most of the year
3) I had a rule not to pick injured players but Ellis and Burgoyne are the exception. If Ellis doesn't come up then Lewis comes in and if Burgoyne doesn't start then Osborne comes in

Players still pushing are
Muston
Ladson
Morton
Tuck
Thorp
Moss

Injured are
Croad
Young
Bailey

Mark Williams is Scum.

You are scum.

Who would he honestly knock out of the 22? Brown? Gilham? Gibson? Guerra? Ladson? Birchall? Ellis? Schoenmakers?

I agree he's had a raw deal this year, but nevertheless I just don't see where you could fit him in in an ideal world.

My team for 2010:
B: Gibson Gilham Guerra
HB: Ladson Croad Birchall
C: Bateman Mitchell Burgoyne
HF: Rioli Franklin Osbourne
F: Brown, Roughead, Lewis
FOLL: Taylor, Sewell, Hodge
BENCH: Renouf, X.Ellis, C Young, Dowler
EMERG: Schoenmakers, L Shiels, B Muston.

No injuries, no room for the kids. Hodge & Lewis to swap through out game midfield/forward. Croad may not play but this is based on best players avail per hawks player list.

Where's Bailey?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: G. Birchall, S.Gilham, X. Ellis.

HB - L.Hodge T.Croad J.Gibson

C - C.Bateman, S.Burgoyne, C Young

HF - C.Rioli, L.Franklin, C.Brown

F - B.Dowler, J.Roughead, M.Osborne

R - C Bryan B.Sewell, S.Mitchell,

Int - J.Lewis, W Skipper, R. Ladson R. Schoenmakers, B.Guerra

Tough gig. I've picked 23, one of guerra ladson or brown out, or possibly one of schoey and beavis dowler.

Taylor and Renouf aka dumb and dumber can go, i'd rather have the dregs, Chris Bryan and Wayde Skipper. Hoping Croady and Youngy in particular get back on the park.

Taylor and Renouf aka dumb and dumber can go, i'd rather have the dregs, Chris Bryan and Wayde Skipper. Hoping Croady and Youngy in particular get back on the park.

I actually don't know what to type.

Here's mine:

FB: Brent Guerra...Stephen Gilham...Josh Gibson
CHB: Grant Birchall...Ryan Schoenmakers...Luke Hodge
C: Chance Bateman...Shaun Burgoyne...Clinton Young
HF: Cyril Rioli...Lance Franklin...Jordan Lewis
FF: Mitch Thorp/Beau Dowler...Jarryd Roughead...Michael Osborne
FOLL: Brent Renouf...Sam Mitchell...Brad Sewell
INT: Rick Ladson...Xavier Ellis...Simon Taylor...Campbell Brown
EMERG: Mitch Thorp/Beau Dowler...Liam Sheils...Beau Muston

"I just looked at Hawthorn's best 22 and I,
Jizzed In my Pants"

Gibson,Gilham,Guerra.
Birchall,Shoe,Ellis
Bateman,Mitchell,Lewis
Hodge,Franklin,Osborne.
Rioli...Roughead...Brown.
Taylor.Sewell.Burgoyne.
Renouf, Shiels, Ladson, Muston

*Rioli and brown for fwd 50 defensive pressure*

Midfield roation

1st midfield rotation:
Hodge,Burgoyne,Lewis (swapping through fwd wing and onball)

2nd midfield rotation:
Mitchell,Ellis,Ladson(swapping through bench,mid and half back creator)

3rd rotation:
Sewell, muston and shiels (slightly more defensive mids/run with players)

Well, C Bryan, maybe. And Renouf I guess.
Renouf is going to be a very good player. Talyor is actually an ok Ruckman (just needs to work on not giving free kicks away). Show some faith in our boys. Plus both of them shyt all over Bryan. I hope we get Bryan too but as a backup 3rd choice Ruckman. Get your hand of it.

HB - L.Hodge T.Croad J.Gibson

C - C.Bateman, S.Burgoyne, C Young

HF - C.Rioli, L.Franklin, C.Brown

F - B.Dowler, J.Roughead, M.Osborne

Tough gig. I've picked 23, one of guerra ladson or brown out, or possibly one of schoey and beavis dowler.

you're a peanut mate.

Much better.:thumbsu:

Guerra-Gilham-Ladson
Gibson-Shoenmakers-Hodge
Bateman-Mitchell-Young
Lewis-Franklin-Osbourne
Brown-Roughead-Rioli

Renouf-Sewell-Burgoyne

Taylor-Ellis-Birch-Dowler

B: brown-schoey-guerra
HB: ladson-gibson-gillham
C: lewis-mitchell-changa
HF: burger-roughy-cyril
F: buddy-dowler-ozzie
R: taylor-hodge-sewell
I: renouf birchall ellis young

would love to see buddy and beau used in midfield rotations mainly on the wings, this would allow lewis to spend time forward where as shown in the past if isolated can be very damaging.
also i think shiels will be very hard to keep out of the side and is an automatic replacement for youngy if he is not fit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back