Prediction Your top 5 phantom draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wouldn't tiges bid on Ashcroft, does it matter? for them. Just makes Brissie coff up a little more, points wise, yeah? And so they should.
If you have a look at completed trades, you’ll see that Brisbane and Richmond did a deal to get them points for the lions first rounder. Also why does it matter for Richmond to get the lions to cough up points?

We’ll most likely be done late on the 1st night and why wouldn’t we want to give our 1st pick of being the #1 player we rate and the financial benefits that follow. If anything it benefits the other clubs if we bid on Ashcroft at #1 so why would we do the rest of the competition a favour?

Last edited:
If you have a look at completed trades, you’ll see that Brisbane and Richmond did a deal to get them points for the lions first rounder. Also why does it matter for Richmond to get the lions to cough up points?

We’ll most likely be done late on the 1st night and why wouldn’t we want to give our 1st pick of being the #1 player we rate and the financial benefits that follow. If anything it benefits the another clubs if we bid on Ashcroft at #1 so why would we do the rest of the competition a favour?
As you say, Richmond will rightly give the prestige and associated benefits of being pick one to their player, not another club's player.

North can then bid on Ashcroft with pick 2, or another club in the top 5..

I’m not sure it benefits any other club either.

Even if we have to go in to deficit, we’ll still be able to draft Ashcroft and Marshall. Then our third pick will either be selecting a third academy kid no other team is likely to bid on inside the top 56, so we’ll be able to match for free.

Then we’re committed to redrafting a couple of our uncontracted rookies in the rookie draft and then sign Sam Day during the SSP.

Then our first pick next year is going to be academy kid Dan Annable and we’re more than likely going to match on two or three other academy kids as well in the second and third rounds. No idea where Annable will be rated next year, but it’ll probably be in the vicinity of our first pick. Don’t believe he’ll be in the top 10 next year.

Then rinse and repeat for 2026, as our academy looks like producing quite a few mids and flankers over the next few drafts.

I just did a first round showing what I think are "expected" picks

1 Richmond Finn O'Sullivan
2 North Melbourne Levi Ashcroft Brisbane F/S matched
3 North Melbourne Richmond Trade pick for Pick #6 and future 2nd
3 Richmond Harvey Langford
4 Carlton Sam Lalor
5 Adelaide Jagga Smith

6 Melbourne Murphy Reid
7 North Melbourne Alix Tauru
8 St Kilda Sid Draper
9 St Kilda Josh Smillie
10 Melbourne Harry Armstrong
11 Richmond Toby Travaglia
12 Richmond Leo Lombard Gold Coast Academy matched
13 Richmond Bo Allan
14 West Coast Isaac Kako Essendon Academy matched
15 West Coast Taj Hotton
16 Port Adelaide Luke Trainor
17 Fremantle Joe Berry
18 GWS Xavier Lindsay
19 GWS Jack Whitlock
20 Western Bulldogs Jobe Shanahan
21 Richmond Sam Marshall Brisbane Academy matched
22 Richmond Cooper Hynes
23 Sydney Matt Whitlock
24 Richmond Jesse Dattoli
25 GWS Harry Oliver
26 Sydney Jonty Faull
27 Richmond Alex Dodson
No way we take Langford b4 lalor

1. Rich. Smith
2. North. O'Sullivan
3. Bris. Ashcroft
4. Carl. Draper
5. Adel. Lalor
6. GC. Lombard
7. Melb. Langford
8. Rich. Tauru
9. StK. Smillie
10. StK. Reid
11. Melb. Armstrong
12. Ess. Kako
13. Rich. Berry
14. Rich. Travaglia
15. WC. Allen
16. Port. Hotton
17. Frem. Lindsay
18. Bris. Marshall
19. GWS. Trainor
20. GWS. Oliver
21. WB. Hynes
22. Rich. Shanahan
23. Syd. Whitlock
24. Rich. Hannaford
25. GWS. Gross
26. Syd. Whitlock
27. Rich. Dodson

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 Lalor Richmond
2 FOS Richmond
3 Smith Carlton
4 Ashcroft Brisbane
5 Draper Adelaide
6 Langford Melbourne
7 Tauru North
8 Kako Essendon
9 Lormbard Gold Coast
10 Smillie StKilda

1. Rich. Smith
2. North. O'Sullivan
3. Bris. Ashcroft
4. Carl. Draper
5. Adel. Lalor
6. GC. Lombard
7. Melb. Langford
8. Rich. Tauru
9. StK. Smillie
10. StK. Reid
11. Melb. Armstrong
12. Ess. Kako
13. Rich. Berry
14. Rich. Travaglia
15. WC. Allen
16. Port. Hotton
17. Frem. Lindsay
18. Bris. Marshall
19. GWS. Trainor
20. GWS. Oliver
21. WB. Hynes
22. Rich. Shanahan
23. Syd. Whitlock
24. Rich. Hannaford
25. GWS. Gross
26. Syd. Whitlock
27. Rich. Dodson

Colin Farrell Reaction GIF
Swap Smith with Lalor and that’s not a bad hand for Tiges.

North won’t trade 2 for 1 pick in the Top 10 it would stupid to do so and the supporters would go ape💩 .
It would have to be 2 picks inside the Top 15 or 1 pick inside the Top 10 and Future 1st next year.
Yep, agree with that from Norths end. If Richmond want 2, maybe a better deal for North is 2 + F1 for Richmond 6 + F1 (where north are betting on Richmonds F1 being pick 1 next year and North to improve a few places). Pick 1 next year with Finn Callaghan coming off contract might be a nice bargaining chip

1. Rich. Lalor
2. Adel. FOS (trade NM/ADL)
3. Bris. Ashcroft
4. Carl. Smith
5. Rich. Langford (trade NM/RICH)

6. Melb. Draper
7. NM. Tauru
8. StK. Smillie
9. StK. Armstrong
10. Melb. Bo Allan

1. Rich. Lalor
2. Adel. FOS (trade NM/ADL)
3. Bris. Ashcroft
4. Carl. Smith
5. Rich. Langford (trade NM/RICH)

6. Melb. Draper
7. NM. Tauru
8. StK. Smillie
9. StK. Armstrong
10. Melb. Bo Allan
So many questions with this list....I like it though, plenty going on. Will be an AFL dream if there's this much movement.
How does Adelaide get pick 2? I am genuinely interested.
Adelaide take FOS? Got Paddy Dangerfield again written all over it ...although he did give Crows great service....but not taking Draper is gutsy.
How does Richmond have pick 5(essentially 4)?
We have Richmond's pick 6, clearly, how has this happened? North has moved from 2 to 4 to 6.
Not convinced Saints take Armstrong having just signed Winx to 6-7 years
I think Bo Allen a great pick for the Dees

So many questions with this list....I like it though, plenty going on. Will be an AFL dream if there's this much movement.
How does Adelaide get pick 2? I am genuinely interested.
Adelaide take FOS? Got Paddy Dangerfield again written all over it ...although he did give Crows great service....but not taking Draper is gutsy.
How does Richmond have pick 5(essentially 4)?
We have Richmond's pick 6, clearly, how has this happened? North has moved from 2 to 4 to 6.
Not convinced Saints take Armstrong having just signed Winx to 6-7 years
I think Bo Allen a great pick for the Dees

I just posted this in the Adelaide forum. I am expecting rage for overlooking Draper and trading down in 2025.

----------------------------------------------------------

My top 12 phantom assuming Richmond go for Lalor.

1. RICH. Lalor
2. ADEL. FOS (trade NM/ADL)
3. BRIS. Ashcroft
4. CARL. Smith
5. RICH. Langford (trade NM/RICH)

6. MELB. Draper
7. NM. Armstrong
8. STK. Smillie
9. STK. Reid
10. MELB. Tauru

11. RICH. Travaglia
12. NM. Trainor

Trades

ADL: 4 + F1
NM: 2 + F2

NM: 5 + F1 (ADL)
RICH: 7 + 12

Thoughts

ADL (FOS) - for a drop from 12 to 23 in 2025 (approx) we're getting the kid that I think would be number 1 with a full uninterrupted year. He may even be number 1 with the interrupted year. Pick 12 in a weak draft next year isn't necessarily going to feature in our next premiership but FOS absolutely would. Focus on free agents/trading in next year.

NM (ARMSTRONG, TRAINOR) - Arguably the two best talls. One with family ties to NM.

RICH (LALOR, LANGFORD, TRAVAGLIA, 18, 20) - What's not to like. Move a pick into the future so they have two F1s. Could also go Draper over Langford.

MELB - Make out like bandits.

I just posted this in the Adelaide forum. I am expecting rage for overlooking Draper and trading down in 2025.

1. RICH. Lalor
3. BRIS. Ashcroft
4. CARL. Smith

6. MELB. Draper
7. NM. Armstrong
8. STK. Smillie
9. STK. Reid
10. MELB. Tauru

11. RICH. Travaglia
12. NM. Trainor

Trades

Thoughts

ADL (FOS) - for a drop from 12 to 23 in 2025 (approx) we're getting the kid that I think would be number 1 with a full uninterrupted year. He may even be number 1 with the interrupted year. Pick 12 in a weak draft next year isn't necessarily going to feature in our next premiership but FOS absolutely would. Focus on free agents/trading in next year.

NM (ARMSTRONG, TRAINOR) - Arguably the two best talls. One with family ties to NM.

RICH (LALOR, LANGFORD, TRAVAGLIA, 18, 20) - What's not to like. Move a pick into the future so they have two F1s. Could also go Draper over Langford.

Actually don't mind it. Now it won't happen though. The interesting call would be if Melb or Rich didn't take Tauru and North need to decide on Trainor or Tauru.
Crows supporters would be pretty perplexed though, but it's a move by the club with merit.
I don't think Draper gets through to Dees though, Blues would be all over him.
Great work though, well though out. Sort of trades where all clubs benefit I reckon.

Actually don't mind it. Now it won't happen though. The interesting call would be if Melb or Rich didn't take Tauru and North need to decide on Trainor or Tauru.
Crows supporters would be pretty perplexed though, but it's a move by the club with merit.
I don't think Draper gets through to Dees though, Blues would be all over him.
Great work though, well though out. Sort of trades where all clubs benefit I reckon.
"All clubs benefit" except the Crows.

1. RICH. Lalor
3. BRIS. Ashcroft
4. CARL. Smith

6. MELB. Draper
7. NM. Armstrong
8. STK. Smillie
9. STK. Reid
10. MELB. Tauru

11. RICH. Travaglia
12. NM. Trainor

Trades

Thoughts

Can you please send to bradyr@NMFC.com.au :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Your top 5 phantom draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back