Not open for further replies.

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
You can pick one -

Patton, McCartin or Boyd?

Why?

How would your pick conpliment your current forward setup?

I'd have to go Boyd even though Patton has shown a lot more.
I don't think McCartin will make it in the modern game with his body type. Boyd hasn't really done much but I've seen good signs as a ruck/forward. My issue with Patton is him doing 2 ACLs. It makes it very tough to reach your full potential, especially as a big man with already limited agility, and it could shorten his career. I still think he will be very good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All #1 picks. Patton has two years on Boyd and three on McCartin so give the others that time to reach Patton's level despite 2 ACLs
I was hoping for more comments like this. There is 2 and 3 years gap between Patton and the other two.

Was anticipating Patton to lead, but very lopsided voting. Is Patton likely to be that much better over the next 10 years? Will he still be playing in 10 years? Will be 25 next year.

Bit unfair to compare Patton to 1 bloke currently struggling with depression and another bloke down on form and battling multiple concussions and medical problems.

Wouldn't trade Boyd's GF performance for anything though. Job done. He'll be back.

Think the value of a big lump is still there, coaches are just too resistant to leaving someone deep.

Shown in recent weeks it has its place but McCartin and Boyd really haven't been given the chance to play the role they excelled at in juniors.

Patton by a mile - big imposing figure, takes contested marks and kicks beautifully probably one of the best KP forward's at kicking alongside Ben Brown. Would be a good pairing with Daniher. Absolutely no chance he will get to our club though - we have other far more pressing needs than tall forwards.

McCartin you worry about because of all the injuries including concussion history.
Boyd is OK but nothing special. It was probably more of a fluke than anything that he played two of his best games in important finals. Bulldog fans are happy about it and fair enough but you can count on one hand how many truly good games he's played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back