Zac Dawson deal.....5 mins to go

Remove this Banner Ad

There are just some players who I would never want at Freo he is one them.
Not that they are available but others that fall into the same category for various reasons would be:
Didak
Masten
Peake
Koschitzke
Motlop
Jarrad Oakley Nichols

I'm glad we didn't get him.
If you've seen the way he eyes off Roo's wanger in the infamous pre-season photo, with franger in hand, you'd have to be suss. We don't want our half back flankers having to worry about who's standing behind them.

I think a few our players breathed a sigh of relief knowing he isn't coming to the club. They can now sleep safe in their beds knowing he won't be staying with them as a roommate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Underrated. Would be our second best key defender. On par with Silvagni.
What crack are you smoking?

He would be below John Anthony as a defender. The guy regularly got beat up on and the reason he didn't get beat up on more was the Saints ultra defensive game. He's not fast, he doesn't have a football brain... and from the looks of it he doesn't have a regular brain either.

The title got me worried thinking that we'd actually signed him.

Relief feels so good
screenshot20111017at120s.png

For the record, TWR decleared this as fact. Then Pelchen said after the trade period had expired that there was no last minute grab for Dawson. Although Pelchan is not highly regard I would take his word over Hutchy and his gang.

I would much rather Dawson than Bower if we went to the PSD. At least Dawson has been playing footy for the last two yrs and is quite proven as a KPD also doesnt have the injury problems of Bower and Lyon knows and likes him.

I remember in the past when Bower wasnt injured and was actually getting a game his major criticism was that he didnt have the capacity to go with big KPF's his height/weight are comparable to Silvani but he plays smaller rather than larger.

Dawson doesnt have this problem and would be able to go with the big KPF's and this could let us free up Mcpharlin to go forward with Pav. Bower just gives us another smaller KPD like Faulks and Grover and I doubt he would be getting a game before either of those 2.

Dawson doesnt have this problem and would be able to go with the big KPF's and this could let us free up Mcpharlin to go forward with Pav. Bower just gives us another smaller KPD like Faulks and Grover and I doubt he would be getting a game before either of those 2.

There should never be a reason for Mcpharlin to go forward unless the game is wrapped up.

Underrated. Would be our second best key defender. On par with Silvagni.

I would much rather Dawson than Bower if we went to the PSD. At least Dawson has been playing footy for the last two yrs and is quite proven as a KPD also doesnt have the injury problems of Bower and Lyon knows and likes him.

I remember in the past when Bower wasnt injured and was actually getting a game his major criticism was that he didnt have the capacity to go with big KPF's his height/weight are comparable to Silvani but he plays smaller rather than larger.

Seriously what are you guys smoking? I don't even :confused:

What the hell is with people insisting McPharlin plays forward.

AA quality in defence, shaky in the forward line. It isn't a hard decision to make.

After we lost Tarrant we've looked pretty damn flimsy down back. Not sure Zac is the solution but we need to make a move to improve that area.

You need two key defenders at McPharlin's level minimum. Silvagni is good but i'm not sure he's up to that level. Grover is ageing.

I find it a bit amusing how all opposition players are considered less competant than our own players. How do we lose any games? 2nd key defender is a massive weakness. As is small defender.

Dawson definitely isnt going to be a superstar down the back but he has played 60 games in the last three seasons in a team that played three grand finals. Sure he's not the prettiest player going around but he is serviceable, doesnt seem to have injury problems and knows Ross Lyon's gameplan so I think they are all positives. He is also bigger than a couple of the other guys like Bower and Thursfield, even Silvani and I think that is what we need not another small KPD, Tim Mohr is similar size but an unknown quantity at AFL.

I'm very glad we didnt give anything up to get him but if he was keen to some over and his price tag wasnt too high then I'd give him a shot and it would mean we could aim more specifically at KPF's and mids in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson deal.....5 mins to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back