Zac Dawson deal.....5 mins to go

Remove this Banner Ad

After we lost Tarrant we've looked pretty damn flimsy down back. Not sure Zac is the solution but we need to make a move to improve that area.

You need two key defenders at McPharlin's level minimum. Silvagni is good but i'm not sure he's up to that level. Grover is ageing.

I find it a bit amusing how all opposition players are considered less competant than our own players. How do we lose any games? 2nd key defender is a massive weakness. As is small defender.
What is wrong with Silvagni? He killed Buddy Franklin, killed Jono Brown was killing Barry Hall... and all of the sudden he's not up to the level?

Some Freo fans must feel like they have to act like the team does, schizophrenic. One week he's a superstar, the next he won't make AFL level.

John Anthony showed more than Dawson in his last games this year, than Dawson has showed all career.

What is wrong with Silvagni? He killed Buddy Franklin, killed Jono Brown was killing Barry Hall... and all of the sudden he's not up to the level?

Some Freo fans must feel like they have to act like the team does, schizophrenic. One week he's a superstar, the next he won't make AFL level.

John Anthony showed more than Dawson in his last games this year, than Dawson has showed all career.

Agreed, and if Faulks can cement his role down back as well our backline will be very solid indeed. Obviously we need to soon draft a replacement for McPharlin but for the next couple of years at least our defence looks set.

Broughton needs to stay back though.

Only if he chooses too. He could still choose to nominate for the PSD.
But you would have to think that was the first question Carlton asked him when they were discussing who to de-list. If any of them would have given even the slightest inclination that they were going to leave then Carlton wouldn't have had to make a decision as it would have been made for them.

I find it a bit amusing how all opposition players are considered less competant than our own players. How do we lose any games?

Not just any opposition players though - half the guys who get discussed on here are opposition players that our opposition don't want any more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac Dawson deal.....5 mins to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back