JonoNash

Team Captain
Suspended
Sep 30, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collegians

"The 25-year-old defender has told teammates he will quit, and the Dockers are believed to be willing to offer him a long-term deal on more than $300,000 a season"

Bloody hell, what sort of a joke is this?

What is the average salary for a starting 18 player non-superstar?

Dawson would have to be on 200 - 250 K at the Saints surely?

It is the long term deal that concerns me.

You'd think he'd have some loyalty to the club that resurrected his career.

I know Saints supporters weren't too keen on him, but imagine how Freo supporters are gonna treat him knowing he's on that sort of coin?

All the best Zac. Unfortunately like your mate, Ross, we're probably not going to look back on you kindly.

• Banned
Jack Anthony & Zac Dawson at +$300 K season, interesting.

I wonder if Fremantle have any plans on developing a KPP for themselves.

By my math they have Faulks, Silvagni, Anthony, Bradley and now Dawson as mature agers of some description.

You could throw in McPhee too.

I wonder if Fremantle have any plans on developing a KPP for themselves.

By my math they have Faulks, Silvagni, Anthony, Bradley and now Dawson as mature agers of some description.

You could throw in McPhee too.

Faulks - not KPP
Silvagni - Who cares he is good
Anthony - 1 game back, he is a forward
Bradley - is a forward, when have we played Kep back?

My concern would be with lack of coverage in the future ...though next year with McPharlin, Grover, Silvagni - that is reasonably decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirms a few things, but mainly when he was thrown a lifeline (and by rights he wouldnt/shouldnt be on an AFL list) it was as a Lyon pet project as everyone suspected. Noone could seriously see a single reason for him getting the lifeline.
Since then he may have given it everything (u would assume) but still no reason to persist. Daddy has since flown the coup, and as soon as an ounce of cap pressure is on, he's been shown the door...seems in a nice way if we believe he was offered another contract.

Would've thought he's been treated more than fairly, was worth nothing at the trade table, they also know they gave him every chance in the world and more. Probably offered something too low to accept but at least that would have kept him on a list.

Normal for cap pressures when clubs have been up and not lost many/any top end players for awhile, and their deadline is today. Its Farren Ray i'm finding perplexing...he's actually been v v good for them since going over and is now a solid AFL player at only 25. Has Ray come to any arrangement yet with an AFL deadline today ? Who gives a shit about Dawson except Dawson...he was comic relief. Should be hearing about their better out of contracts today.

Faulks - not KPP
Silvagni - Who cares he is good
Anthony - 1 game back, he is a forward
Bradley - is a forward, when have we played Kep back?

My concern would be with lack of coverage in the future ...though next year with McPharlin, Grover, Silvagni - that is reasonably decent.

Nowhere in my post did I mention these players had to be defenders. I was talking about key position players in general - forward and back.

On Faulks, I don't know a lot about him but the Dockers website says "Faulks played VFL Football in 2009 and 2010 holding down the full back position for Casey Scorpions and Williamstown respectively". My understand was that he was a FB but I had no idea he was only 80kg. No wonder he's done nothing at AFL level.

Nowhere in my post did I mention these players had to be defenders. I was talking about key position players in general - forward and back.

On Faulks, I don't know a lot about him but the Dockers website says "Faulks played VFL Football in 2009 and 2010 holding down the full back position for Casey Scorpions and Williamstown respectively". My understand was that he was a FB but I had no idea he was only 80kg. No wonder he's done nothing at AFL level.
I also got flamed on the Fremantle board for suggesting Faulks isn't a KPB.

I also got flamed on the Fremantle board for suggesting Faulks isn't a KPB.

I'll have to go check who exactly would be saying that, but either way Faulks is def a key back, but only on the broader sense. He's a touch under size and so is your 'third best' key back sort of player and had also yet to prove he's got the package to be serious option for us anyway. He was a mature age recruit that was picked for depth/development. Not really in the same league as others mentioned.

Anyway, I had a feeling this might happen with Zak. Can't say I'm overly impressed myself TBH. BTW, I think you can take the amount of $ being thrown around with a bit of salt. They're always inflated by the media. But whatever it is, odds are that it was relatively low for a regular starting player given where he's come from. I wouldn't want my club paying overs for him even if he is Lyons little pet.

Ahahahhahahha, Schwabby and Cuddles must have snuck back into the Fremantle offices using their old key and are repeating some of the old magic.

Seriously, 300k? WTF?

Its their DDay today yeah ? AFL gave them till the end Oct ?
Soon find out today if it was only marginal cap issue or serious.
Dawson would have been quickly asked for a Y/N, so there's time to deal with more important guys.
Is Dempster signed ? Would/Should have been on more than Dawson.
What is happening with Farren Ray is far more an issue for them than Dawson's hopes and dreams of another lifeline...Ray's now the complete AFL footballer with both sides honed and in prime. Would expect his best the next 3 seasons and every chance of stepping up a level, musta pissed someone off not to be offered something half decent.

If those $ they are quoting are true and they draft him, then together with Anthony that's a fair amount of cap space blown on a couple of spuds who were not really wanted by their previous clubs.

Getting 2 for the price of what would've been 1, Mitch Clark, had they got him instead....he was supposedly offered around the $5-600,000..

..but you're right...spuds

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back