Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm almost 100% positive Touhy will end up in the PSD. Carlton is asking way too much for him and he approached Geelong, not the other way around.
I'd expect we'd point out to him that you clearly don't rate him very highly, and he should reconsider a move to North.

SOSage is a dill when it comes to the trade period.
IMO Our second rounder(pick 38) is more than enough maybe #35 if we can do something regarding Vardy with WCE...
So if you want more, take Smedts and #42, instead of #38.
I think the consensus is that SOSage is indeed a SAUSAGE.

#38 and #42 values tuohy at #21 which when he is ooc is slight overs. If its #38 and #42 for tuohy and #58 back to geelong it values tuohy at about #28 which is about right.

I think we will either offer you this deal or our 2017 2nd round (not both) unless we get a pick in the 20s from other trades. Players are unlikely to be involved in the tuohy deal.

You are quibbling over a few spots in the 20s as far as value goes and using a points system that is generous to later picks to determine it. I would gladly trade 38 and 42 for 21 in a draft such as this.

I know Tuohy put out the feelers first but you guys aren't doing it to help him. You didn't improve on our 3 year 300k+ offer ...just because.

You actually see a role for him, enough to offer 4 years. Not sure the points system difference between 28 and 21 should be the sticking point.

You are quibbling over a few spots in the 20s as far as value goes and using a points system that is generous to later picks to determine it. I would gladly trade 38 and 42 for 21 in a draft such as this.

I know Tuohy put out the feelers first but you guys aren't doing it to help him. You didn't improve on our 3 year 300k+ offer ...just because.

You actually see a role for him, enough to offer 4 years. Not sure the points system difference between 28 and 21 should be the sticking point.

I think the valuation is right on my end that said it wouldnt surprise me if geelong pay #38 and #42 we have done overs before for players we rate.

Carlton really lack leverage here though so ultimately they will end up taking slightly lesd than what they want whichever way a deal is done.

I think the valuation is right on my end that said it wouldnt surprise me if geelong pay #38 and #42 we have done overs before for players we rate.

Carlton really lack leverage here though so ultimately they will end up taking slightly lesd than what they want whichever way a deal is done.

38 and 42 won't cause you guys too much hurt and 38 take it or leave it is a bit disrespectful to us and Tuohy considering we didn't shop him around to you and your contract offer is a pretty good one.

Also remember we would rather a good player or higher pick. We are already accepting less in this.

I think he is worth more but like all players worth is subjective. My concern with those picks though are they end up being pushed out to 42-46.
Points allocated to picks isn't a great guide. Two average picks don't equal a good pick. Much like bundling 2 average players for 1 good player. Never works out.
Trade will get done after the Delidio trade gets done. That's the cats priority isn't it.

38 and 42 won't cause you guys too much hurt and 38 take it or leave it is a bit disrespectful to us and Tuohy considering we didn't shop him around to you and your contract offer is a pretty good one.

Also remember we would rather a good player or higher pick. We are already accepting less in this.

I think thats true up to a point geelong really could offer 38 take it or leave it but we are decent enough to compromise a bit. If both sides feel like they have compromised a bit its probably a good trade. As for thr good player bit remember from a salary cap position we would probably prefer to trade a player than a pick but no player from our side wants to be included in the trade which isn't geelong's fault. Geelong will be reasonable but you can only trade what you have.

I think he is worth more but like all players worth is subjective. My concern with those picks though are they end up being pushed out to 42-46.
Points allocated to picks isn't a great guide. Two average picks don't equal a good pick. Much like bundling 2 average players for 1 good player. Never works out.
Trade will get done after the Delidio trade gets done. That's the cats priority isn't it.

Tuohy will get done first as its easier to do. deledio may get held up and not done at all depending on richmond's attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tuohy will get done first as its easier to do. deledio may get held up and not done at all depending on richmond's attitude.
Fair enough. I thought I read somewhere (might of been on BF though) that Lang would be involved in the trade? Are Motlop or kolo a chance of being traded to the Suns to get Delidio?

Fair enough. I thought I read somewhere (might of been on BF though) that Lang would be involved in the trade? Are Motlop or kolo a chance of being traded to the Suns to get Delidio?

Geelong were amenable to agreeing to lang is my understanding but lang said no.

The only Geelong players that are trade possibilities are Vardy and Kersten. The picks up for trade will be 38 and 42 and whatever picks we get from the two players. No one will pay a first rounder for Motlop so we'll be keeping him.

Looks like the players who were asked if they wanted to go to Carlton in a trade.... Ran away... laughing out loud....
Go Figure??

You were there? Ran away laughing did they or you trolling?

Maybe they are settled at the club and hoping to be in their next finals side.

If you get it then I think we would but it would be a very disappointing result for us

We traded Bell for 21 with a 3rd going back to Brisbane. Tuohy is better but Bell had also just come off some great form.

27 could be useful. Anything else and I would convince him to stay.

Looks like the players who were asked if they wanted to go to Carlton in a trade.... Ran away... laughing out loud....
Go Figure??
Why be a flog? Asked a simple question and if they said no then so be it. You seem like the sort of bloke that lives his life through his team. Gives you some sort of status of superiority. I might have a meaningless life but at least I go for the cats sort of bloke.

Go Figure??
If so then better to find out now than have a dissatisfied bloke in the group. Lang is a fringe player at the Cats, not in best 22, but a local stalwart Geelong supporter since a kid that wants to be a 1 club player. Good on him, appreciate the romance of it all and would love it if I was a Geelong supporter. If he doesnt make it into Geelong's best 22 next season and cement himself as a starting 22 player, he might wonder what coodabeen, especially if he is staring down the barrel of delisting in 3-4 years after being in and out of the Geelong team. Good luck to the kid and CFC will move on and find someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Zach Tuohy [traded to Geelong with 2017 2nd rd pk for Smedts, 2017 1st rd pk and pick 63]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back