Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the guys from the 2 Passionate Bluebaggers pod was on the Blue Abroad fan cams before and suggested Weitering and Walsh won’t play until at least round 5

I listened to that guy, I know Terry from BA can’t tear him down because it stops engagement within the social media community, but that fella is what’s wrong with commentary from the bleaches!!

He has know idea how a fitness program is designed and how elite players are finely tuned.

To say Walsh should be held back and nursed along during preseason is naive and not how getting high performance from players works.

Bar stool high performance managers who have no insight into player welfare and management are just showing their ignorance!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I listened to that guy, I know Terry from BA can’t tear him down because it stops engagement within the social media community, but that fella is what’s wrong with commentary from the bleaches!!

He has know idea how a fitness program is designed and how elite players are finely tuned.

To say Walsh should be held back and nursed along during preseason is naive and not how getting high performance from players works.

Bar stool high performance managers who have no insight into player welfare and management are just showing their ignorance!!!!!

The thing that gets me is how people are able to talk with so much conviction on this topic when they clearly don’t have the qualifications to. Why even bother wasting energy getting so mad over something you don’t know as fact?

Maybe I can get you another suspension.

Saying it too often lately. “I have lived too long, this world is lost…”
I am old, not ancient and have a seven year old daughter to try to prepare and protect. Can’t check out but the craziness just keeps coming… Every day there are examples of regression in life, if not rank stupidity and most just accept it as normal now.

Bit much for a Tuesday night, but sick of shaking my head.

I understand.

The socials are a bad indicator of society though.

I work with folks mostly under 30 and have a 2 teens with some great friends, what I can say is these lovely people are mostly terrific citizens and have great care for each other and the world they look I’ve in.

Their great concern is how the planet will deal with our influence and if they will ever afford a house!!

I tell them, if any group can find a solution it’s these brilliant cohort.

I'll have you know I have studied at a lot of bars to get my degree:drunk:

I like Terry and Blue Abroad and can see where Terry is ultimately trying to take the show but those Fan Cams get very 'blokey' and like I'm watching an episode of Fat Pizza (bro this, bro that).

The Monday night show is a good listen and Pommy and his scattergun delivery is good value. Without sounding snobbish, I can see Terry trying to make the show more 'highbrow' as it continues to evolve but he obviously needs to be careful not to alienate his core audience.

I like Terry and Blue Abroad and can see where Terry is ultimately trying to take the show but those Fan Cams get very 'blokey' and like I'm watching an episode of Fat Pizza (bro this, bro that).

The Monday night show is a good listen and Pommy and his scattergun delivery is good value. Without sounding snobbish, I can see Terry trying to make the show more 'highbrow' as it continues to evolve but he obviously needs to be careful not to alienate his core audience.
I agree to an extent. Some of the people he has on the channel, especially on fan cams are very over the top, theatrical and can be quite irritating. The BA Show is great, and some of the guests he has on (Pom and Paolo amongst them), are very well spoken, well thought out, and efficient in getting their points across, which makes for brilliant viewing. Terry comes across as very genuine and intelligent, and seems willing to correct people if he believes there's a flaw in someones point.

There's been a noticeable exhaustion of BA viewers/creators towards the "anti-Andrew Russell" and '"anti-Voss" narratives, and I think that has come partially from Terry and his willingness to push the conversation into a more positive direction. It seems like the channel is taking a much more mature path in recent months. And I must say, I love it

I agree to an extent. Some of the people he has on the channel, especially on fan cams are very over the top, theatrical and can be quite irritating. The BA Show is great, and some of the guests he has on (Pom and Paolo amongst them), are very well spoken, well thought out, and efficient in getting their points across, which makes for brilliant viewing. Terry comes across as very genuine and intelligent, and seems willing to correct people if he believes there's a flaw in someones point.

There's been a noticeable exhaustion of BA viewers/creators towards the "anti-Andrew Russell" and '"anti-Voss" narratives, and I think that has come partially from Terry and his willingness to push the conversation into a more positive direction. It seems like the channel is taking a much more mature path in recent months. And I must say, I love it

Well said. I must also acknowledge I'm in my late-50's so I don't expect a show like Blue Aboard to cater to me necessarily.

Personally I find the Prendercast with Sean, Fab and Tim compulsory listening - I think Sean comes up with some really challenging points of view and not the tired old cliches.

Applaud all of them though for putting in the work and providing the content - keep it up.

Last edited:
Well said. I must also acknowledge I'm in my late-50's so I don't expect a show like Blue Aboard top cater to me necessarily.

Personally I find the Prendercast with Sean, Fab and Tim compulsory listening - I think Sean comes up with some really challenging points of view and not the tired old cliches.

Applaud all of them though for putting in the work and providing the content - keep it up.
The Prendercast are probably my most listened to podcast, along with the BA show. As irritating as Sean can be, most of his insights are brilliant, and I often find myself in awe of his thought process. Their chemistry is off the charts as well

Any women on these things or don't the fellas rate their opinions?
There’s a Blue Abroad W Show that covers the Carlton team and AFLW competition done by 2 young ladies Kirra Johnson who I’ve seen on Terry’s show and Shannon ? who hosts the podcast shows, both are great to listen to, both know their footy, very knowledgeable on the players and the game…
They mentioned in an episode I’ve only just recently come across and watched on YouTube that the show also picked up a sponsor during the year by the Carlton cheer squad, Terry has done a great job in putting together another enjoyable show that covers the women’s team and football in general…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more the show evolves you can see Terry is more angling the connections and club hierarchy. He is now more shrewd with negative views on whether his words will have real club ramifications. Tez is being rewarded like attendance to closed training sessions. It's great to see all this unfold. Where will Terry end up in 5-10 years time. A rank and file supporter or someone who ends up in a coterie like group or maybe even a board member if he can get more followers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Carlton is a fringe top8 team until they start putting other fringe top8 teams away by 6 goals + - the #1 thing that needs fixing is Harry's kicking for goal - right now itis as bad or worse than anything Levi Casboult could conjure at his worst.

I think Carlton is a fringe top8 team until they start putting other fringe top8 teams away by 6 goals + - the #1 thing that needs fixing is Harry's kicking for goal - right now itis as bad or worse than anything Levi Casboult could conjure at his worst.

Rare that top 8 sides consistently beat other top 8 sides by that margin, let alone being unbeaten

Harry will be much better this year in front of goal, but needs to kick 2 in every 3 as a minimum

Rare that top 8 sides consistently beat other top 8 sides by that margin, let alone being unbeaten

Harry will be much better this year in front of goal, but needs to kick 2 in every 3 as a minimum

Richmond were putting the cleaners through everyone a few years ago...Melbourne were too...Geelong in their hey day...Hawthorn in theirs..Brisbane in their day were the best team I've ever seen...but Ihavent been watching for very long compared to your fairy footballers

big difference between scragging and being a champion team...is all I'm saying.

In the meantime I'll take a win against anyone- Crlton battle to score - this needs to be fixed.

Richmond were putting the cleaners through everyone a few years ago...Melbourne were too...Geelong in their hey day...Hawthorn in theirs..Brisbane in their day were the best team I've ever seen...but Ihavent been watching for very long compared to your fairy footballers

big difference between scragging and being a champion team...is all I'm saying.

In the meantime I'll take a win against anyone- Crlton battle to score - this needs to be fixed.
The only year Richmond were regularly annihilating teams, was, ironically, the year they lost the prelim. Every year they won the flag, they would start slow, often losing to middle of the road teams, then peak late in the season

The thing that gets me is how people are able to talk with so much conviction on this topic when they clearly don’t have the qualifications to. Why even bother wasting energy getting so mad over something you don’t know as fact?
Welcome to the internet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back