Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Any discussion about “first round picks” is daft because there’s a huge difference between pick 1 and pick 18 yet both are first round picks.

That’s just a general observation, not specific to King and Cornes’s discussion, which I’ve not listened to (yet).

I'd have to listen again but I thought King was talking top 3 picks specifically.

Yeah ok.

Can you name any deals for midfielders that have worked out?
Horne Francis is going okay.

But I can't remember a midfielder as good Errol changing clubs since at least Lachie Neale and probably Gary Ablett jnr anyway.

Both of whom would have been well worth two first round picks.

Any discussion about “first round picks” is daft because there’s a huge difference between pick 1 and pick 18 yet both are first round picks.

That’s just a general observation, not specific to King and Cornes’s discussion, which I’ve not listened to (yet).

I'd have to listen again but I thought King was talking top 3 picks specifically.

I didn't hear any 'no, but' qualifiers in his answer. I didn't listen all the way through though.

Cornes asked, would you give up two first round picks for Horne Francis and then Gulden?

King answered no to both, because midfielders can be replaced easily at the draft.

I was just listening to this and don't think his take is as bad as it can come across in isolation. His argument was that key position players like Jeremy Cameron are far more worth two first rounders than a midfielder (for the record he also said he wouldn't give up two picks for JHF or Wardlaw) because the incremental gain amongst midfielders isn't quite worth it.
It's a logical position. WCE destroyed themselves by overpaying for Kelly regardless how good he is.

Horne Francis is going okay.

But I can't remember a midfielder as good Errol changing clubs since at least Lachie Neale and probably Gary Ablett jnr anyway.

Both of whom would have been well worth two first round picks.

JHF hasn't improved Port to the tune of two top picks though, which was the entire argument lol. Not in the way that Cameron improved Geelong which was the example.

I dunno think you're twisting this into something it wasn't.

It's a logical position. WCE destroyed themselves by overpaying for Kelly regardless how good he is.

Yeah Kelly's the one that springs to mind.

Seeing all the posts above:
Helluva difference between 2 top 3 picks and say 17 and 18. IMO the first no way, the second worth considering.
A lot depends on how using those picks will affect your draft hand.
A lot depends on how much that trade will improve your midfield.
Not one answer fits all.

Carltank:
Chris Judd
Pick 46 Dennis Armfield

Wet Toast
Pick 3 Chris Masten
Pick 20 Tony Notte !!!!
KPF - JJ Kennedy

WCE won the trade.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine if this happened today. There'd be 85 million hot takes, Kane condemning the AFL for getting it wrong, the AFL hastily updatijng its fruit protocols, Kane condemning the AFL for over-reacting, etcetera. Simpler times back then.

Imagine if this happened today. There'd be 85 million hot takes, Kane condemning the AFL for getting it wrong, the AFL hastily updatijng its fruit protocols, Kane condemning the AFL for over-reacting, etcetera. Simpler times back then.
Why Kane in particular?

A bloke called Michael who was in the cheer squad , as was i nearly next to him.
I also remember Peter Bedford giving an upper cut to a Cats player , these days the video might've got him and cost him the Brownlow
I meant who is it on here? I know we have Bob from Ballerat

I dare say Mr Bandicoot has lived out on the story for a bit.
Imagine telling his grandkids he got to sit next to bedford. :unsure:
Thank you Hairy. Seemed I liked that original post from Bandi - shows how much of what I read that I actually take in 🤣
Old age is a BITCH!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back