Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Serong really stepped things up in the second half, became more attacking and generally used the ball well. Everyone played their role. Longmuir was right about Amiss – great forward craft, just lacks the fitness to stay with it at this level for long enough. He's going to be huge next season.

Need to give JHF a shoutout in a really tough loss. For an 18-year-old kid, he is a tough competitor, but even more impressive for a young man was the empathy he showed for Switta.

Well that was fantastic. I'm not even going to talk about individuals because we aren't about that anymore...

- I still maintain that 2006 was our most talented team ever, but this is without doubt the most talented squad we've ever put together. And by a long, long way too

- And they're so young. We really are performing well above the level we have any right to when you look at the age and experience every week

- And it's paired with one of the best coaches we've ever had. Seriously, how often this year have we said 'this is the sort of game Freo would drop' only for this new Freo to show up and play like a hard-nosed bunch of professionals and get the win. JLo comes across meek in pressers but he gets his team playing like lions, week in, week out. The meek shall inherit the earth?

- And he's managed to do something Lyon couldn't - pair the same stingy defense with a really exciting offense. I'm loving watching our games again. I never watched replays of our wins under Lyon but I'm finding myself rewatching multiple times during the week this year.

my favourite Lyon era games to rewatch are the EF 2012 and QF 2013 - still gives me goosebumps. 🥹

I was listening to Spurr and McPharlin on the 6PR call tonight, they’re both really excited about this team and commented that they can see the belief building in the same way it did during their run. Spurr even said talking about it gave him goosebumps. They were both very bullish about what is to come for this group.

as I said, it feels like 2013. ❤️

Brodie has been 10 times better than Serong this season, so if any midfielder goes out it would be Serong.

Tucker will out on his arse the moment Fyfe is back. Serong has been ok but he does tend to get bullied off the ball a bit. Needs a bull like Fyfe in there knocking people over etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my favourite Lyon era games to rewatch are the EF 2012 and QF 2013 - still gives me goosebumps. 🥹

I was listening to Spurr and McPharlin on the 6PR call tonight, they’re both really excited about this team and commented that they can see the belief building in the same way it did during their run. Spurr even said talking about it gave him goosebumps. They were both very bullish about what is to come for this group.

as I said, it feels like 2013. ❤️

This team is younger and already better.

There's a flag here. Possibly 3.

I'm ****ing loving it.

Have we passed the litmus test yet?
Not entirely
Still bombing it in a bit too much for my liking
North are currently the potential wurst AFL team in history so nothing yo get too carried away about
But I am loving winning regularly for a change 😁

Reminder also that we were on par with North in terms of experience and average age tonight :rainbow:

I understand the sentiment, but take Goldstein, Ziebell, Simpkin and Anderson out and they are a side of under 35 games per player, nearly. We are at least 2 years ahead of them in development terms, before even considering coaching or club structures. Just IMHO though

Great win - great team performance tonight. Can't believe how Brodie just manages to get the ball out from the contest repeatedly. Each player supporting their team mates makes fast attacking football possible. Amiss will be great in a couple of years. The 2 weeks off for Chapman and Young after Covid meant they came in without a worry - enough depth to make sure this is the same for those players who missed with Covid this week. I will not discuss Henry as I don't want to take a hit on an opposition board - but so many have gone past him anyway that it doesn't matter . . .
\

Anyone else think this h&S protocol interchange will have us cherry ripe come finals?

Guys are getting rest and not injured. Blessing in disguise
Agreed. Hopefully we have the stones to keep rotating our younger players throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Back