Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win - great team performance tonight. Can't believe how Brodie just manages to get the ball out from the contest repeatedly. Each player supporting their team mates makes fast attacking football possible. Amiss will be great in a couple of years. The 2 weeks off for Chapman and Young after Covid meant they came in without a worry - enough depth to make sure this is the same for those players who missed with Covid this week. I will not discuss Henry as I don't want to take a hit on an opposition board - but so many have gone past him anyway that it doesn't matter . . .
\
I would be amazed if Henry plays another AFL game this year. He’s nowhere near the required level

What a night both my NRL team and Freo won tonight. Great start to the weekend.

Watched the first half on my phone.

We just look like a well oiled machine atm. No matter who is playing everyone knows what there role is. Top 4 should be aim from here we are good enough.

I hope covid stays away for that fortnight against Brisbane and Melbourne. I think we will give it a shake if we are close to full strength.

The fact we knocked another 6 off the covid list means a third of the squad have had it. So thats 6 less we have to worry about at our next outbreak.

And Gerard wheatley will be in shock he thought we were at tipping point with covid. Almost to the point we were at a disadvantage.

I understand the sentiment, but take Goldstein, Ziebell, Simpkin and Anderson out and they are a side of under 35 games per player, nearly. We are at least 2 years ahead of them in development terms, before even considering coaching or club structures. Just IMHO though

I mean, remove 4 senior players from any side and its going to seriously dent their average games played.

We're performing light years ahead of where our list profile suggests we should be.

One of the highlights for me was Brodies kicking. He hit targets at will tonight - very few hack kicks out of the contest and instead backed himself to take on the tackler, throw a fend and deliver it on a silver platter all night.
It was a truly A grade performance from him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Clark one of BOG for me 473 metres gained and most of them cutting up North through the middle with quick decision making.

Recruiting him and Brodie huge for the club
The club made the most out of the salary put aside for Cerra grabbing those two, and then grabbed Amiss.

Thoughts on players...

- it only took me two games to forget how good Chapman is. Seriously, this guy is one of the best players we've ever drafted and manages to stand out in a team full of young talent as being a cut above the rest. I hope I'm not underselling him when I say he's like MJ and Roger got together and had a baby with Fyfe

- Brayshaw continues to make me feel stupid by being so much better than the safe, vanilla Masten clone I initially thought we'd drafted. I like to regularly remind myself of my early expectations of him to keep myself grounded about what a poor judge of talent I am

- Banfield - first half I was like 'this guy is making me look like an idiot', second half I was like 'this guy is exactly what I thought he is'. Regardless, it's handy when someone who kicks two goals a game is your emergency depth

- Darcy absolutely monstered a guy who was considered one of the best rucks in the game not that long ago

- Serong isn't getting the same clean ball he did last year but he's still a ferocious competitor affecting the contest around the stoppages

- Amiss pretty much matched my expectations - looked like he has the talent for AFL while also looking like it was too early for him

- Same could be said about Henry actually

Thoughts on players...

- it only took me two games to forget how good Chapman is. Seriously, this guy is one of the best players we've ever drafted and manages to stand out in a team full of young talent as being a cut above the rest. I hope I'm not underselling him when I say he's like MJ and Roger got together and had a baby with Fyfe

- Brayshaw continues to make me feel stupid by being so much better than the safe, vanilla Masten clone I initially thought we'd drafted. I like to regularly remind myself of my early expectations of him to keep myself grounded about what a poor judge of talent I am

- Banfield - first half I was like 'this guy is making me look like an idiot', second half I was like 'this guy is exactly what I thought he is'. Regardless, it's handy when someone who kicks two goals a game is your emergency depth

- Darcy absolutely monstered a guy who was considered one of the best rucks in the game not that long ago

- Serong isn't getting the same clean ball he did last year but he's still a ferocious competitor affecting the contest around the stoppages

- Amiss pretty much matched my expectations - looked like he has the talent for AFL while also looking like it was too early for him

I've missed you Esti.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will not discuss Henry as I don't want to take a hit on an opposition board - but so many have gone past him anyway that it doesn't matter . . .
Gotta love the old "I'm not gonna" claim, then do anyway.

I'm not sure how "so many have gone past
him", when he's barely had a chance to start. Plus he's effectively restarting somewhat, with shifting positions already.

He'll continue his development in the WAFL, hopefully with more continuity than he's had. He'll be fine with a bit of confidence and feeling more at home in senior ranks.

Serong is quite the leader out there. He was lining the team up behind Amiss for that set shot ready to mob him and then later when Young slotted that one on the run he was almost dragging Schultz into getting to Young for a pump up.

Drives high standards that Caleb. Good.

Thoughts on players...

You werent alone in the Chapman thing, it was doing my head in reading people not have Chappy best 22. Insanity, the guy is an auto-pick the rest of his 350 game career

Firstly, I’d like to say that Ziebell is a campaigner and that was embarrassing from a club captain. Beyond that, beautiful stuff, being slightly whelmed by the performance and still winning by 78 points is a pretty ****ing handy spot to be in.
Us winning by just enough to keep the Weags on the bottom of the ladder is elite shithousery.
I completely take back my complaints at the ground it wasn’t a 100 point win upon realising that, proud of the boys
Didn’t see Switta in the rooms. Hope he’s ok.
Was talking to Ryan post game on the ground so was up and moving at least
Loved how Brodie said “Fremantle have embraced me for the player I am”

GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!!
good effort from you to post after your effort on the ground
Reminder also that we were on par with North in terms of experience and average age tonight :rainbow:
weren’t we actually below them in both somehow?
Don’t understand the Serong criticisms at all. He’s almost the heartbeat of the team if you ask me
The little things like calling the boys in for Young’s first goal was heartwarming stuff.
You werent alone in the Chapman thing, it was doing my head in reading people not have Chappy best 22. Insanity, the guy is an auto-pick the rest of his 350 game career
For the rest of the career the question is almost certainly where he’ll play instead of if he’ll play. What a ****ing gun

How good of a play was it when Amiss kicks it, almost goes in for a point - O'Driscoll TAPS IT BACK THE fu** INTO PLAY(!) to Cox who snaps it through! :D:D
Not only that but he both overran the ball after knocking it back and then beat the opponent to it... again

Great bit of desperation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back