List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They gave up pick 2 for Weller. Wouldn’t be a first.

That pick 8-9 will become 11-12 after priority picks (North), Ashcroft (Brisbane), free agency comp (Carl Amon, Mcstay).

Mac’s family is from Melb, he is a Dees academy player. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard if a bit of coin was included and he would be a perfect backfill to jacko.
But then pick 20 also becomes pick 24ish too right? It's all relative.

But yeah, like a fellow poster just mentioned, Andrew is well and truly signed up. Not denying he wouldn't be perfect though. But yeah, if Jackson goes, it'll put us back 5 years. a) There's no picks that freo has (if he elects freo), b) it's a weak draft and c) I'm not impressed by the ruck on offer early in the draft.

But then pick 20 also becomes pick 24ish too right? It's all relative.

But yeah, like a fellow poster just mentioned, Andrew is well and truly signed up. Not denying he wouldn't be perfect though. But yeah, if Jackson goes, it'll put us back 5 years. a) There's no picks that freo has (if he elects freo), b) it's a weak draft and c) I'm not impressed by the ruck on offer early in the draft.

If we get Bulldogs Pick (Lobb), R1 compo for Brayshaw and can trade up Freos 23 R1 and Demons 23 R1 into 2022 R1s we can get 4 picks in the top 20 and land Meek as ruck depth.

Draft the next Butters/Rozee/Dursma combo (Or Jackson/Pickett/Rivers) to form our next core with those pick.

If we get Bulldogs Pick (Lobb), R1 compo for Brayshaw and can trade up Freos 23 R1 and Demons 23 R1 into 2022 R1s we can get 4 picks in the top 20 and land Meek as ruck depth.

Draft the next Butters/Rozee/Dursma combo (Or Jackson/Pickett/Rivers) to form our next core with those pick.
Brayshaw would only be Band 2. so it would be around pick 20 for Brayshaw.

But essentially, look at the draft profiles, watch their videos, tell me who excites you. I know most of the first rounders. There's a lot of 180-185cm mids that look like they're a bunch of Tanner Bruhn's. They don't excite me much. The only mid that I like is Wardlaw. Who is probably pick 1 or 2.

Brayshaw would only be Band 2. so it would be around pick 20 for Brayshaw.

Or we can match bid and force a trade for Geelongs first. Either way still top 20. Hopefully high enough to nab Tom Scully

Hope we do hold Geelong to account after they sold the farm to get ahead of us to draft Max Holmes

I like Balta. I personally think he is a better defender. I'd go all out for Larkey.

Need to remember Larkey will likely come to us in similar fashion as May did. Unfit, poor training standards, unconditioned for heavy loads, no idea on structures or game plans, doesn’t tackle or defend etc. would be like taking a player from the state leagues.

Need to remember Larkey will likely come to us in similar fashion as May did. Unfit, poor training standards, unconditioned for heavy loads, no idea on structures or game plans, doesn’t tackle or defend etc. would be like taking a player from the state leagues.
what? Larkey is a good player and well established in the AFL

You think North Melbourne training standards and conditioning stack up to the rest of the league? I beg to differ

If hes not AFL fit even more the reason to offer him a shitload, hes a good player now, could be anything if we get him fit! :)

Draft day is the best day of the year. :love:
Team success is built solely from the draft. it surprises me why people aren't more interested in it. We won the flag through the draft: Oliver (pick 4), Trac (2), Brayshaw (2), Jackson (3), Salem (9), Lever (first rounder), May (used pick 5), Viney (would've been 1st rounder), Kozzie pickett (pick 12) etc.

Now, if Jackson goes (looking likely) our future depends on what picks we get and who we pick so i'm surprised people aren't all across our possible new players (aaron cadman, michael jefferson, Broadbent, Scully, etc.)

People are tearing their hair out because of our lack of fwd line. Thats due to not nailing our Sam weideman selection (pick 9) and trading away pick 5 (max king) to get May. Obviously May worked out. Going all the way back to Watts pick, Lucas Cook, the list goes on for key forwards.
I understand why people want to just look at the now but the future is right in front of us with the nab u18 champs on etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft for forwards, trade for a back up ruck.

Key forwards are way overpriced in trade and back up rucks always undervalued.

I'd definitely want us taking a key forward as early as we can this draft but I also really like the profile of Harry Sheezel as a player. If we ask for picks rather than players for Jackson could be able to go after both early in the draft.

Team success is built solely from the draft. it surprises me why people aren't more interested in it. We won the flag through the draft: Oliver (pick 4), Trac (2), Brayshaw (2), Jackson (3), Salem (9), Lever (first rounder), May (used pick 5), Viney (would've been 1st rounder), Kozzie pickett (pick 12) etc.

Now, if Jackson goes (looking likely) our future depends on what picks we get and who we pick so i'm surprised people aren't all across our possible new players (aaron cadman, michael jefferson, Broadbent, Scully, etc.)

People are tearing their hair out because of our lack of fwd line. Thats due to not nailing our Sam weideman selection (pick 9) and trading away pick 5 (max king) to get May. Obviously May worked out. Going all the way back to Watts pick, Lucas Cook, the list goes on for key forwards.
I understand why people want to just look at the now but the future is right in front of us with the nab u18 champs on etc.
Lever (trade). May (used pick 5... which we got in a trade for Hogan). Langdon was a trade. So was Hibberd. As was Brown.

Draft for forwards, trade for a back up ruck.

Key forwards are way overpriced in trade and back up rucks always undervalued.

I'd definitely want us taking a key forward as early as we can this draft but I also really like the profile of Harry Sheezel as a player. If we ask for picks rather than players for Jackson could be able to go after both early in the draft.

You could argue KPFs are overpriced in the draft also given the miss rate and how high you generally have to draft one.

While we are in premiership mode id much rather just trade for an established one (by this I mean upgrade on what we currently have) rather than sinking years into someone like Weid and having them not work out. Doesn't mean you cant take one to develop, I just dont have a problem with us getting aggressive and giving away picks if the right player is out there much like we did with May and Lever.

Last edited:
Hi all, hope I'm welcome to discuss one point here without annoying you all in the current situation. After reading the last few pages on here and regarding the lamenting about your quality talls...why on earth would Lobb be of no real interest to you guys if a trade between our clubs go ahead?
He seems absolutely perfect for your list and short term, while in premiership mode for the next few years, probably improves your team inside the forward 50.

Hi all, hope I'm welcome to discuss one point here without annoying you all in the current situation. After reading the last few pages on here and regarding the lamenting about your quality talls...why on earth would Lobb be of no real interest to you guys if a trade between our clubs go ahead?
He seems absolutely perfect for your list and short term, while in premiership mode for the next few years, probably improves your team inside the forward 50.
I'll let someone far wiser than I explain...

Screenshot_20220706-200726_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220706-200606_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220706-200443_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-200443_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-200443_Chrome.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20220706-200606_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-200606_Chrome.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20220706-200726_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-200726_Chrome.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 36

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back