List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He’s about 6th in line with our KPD stocks yet is still a decent AFL-level stopper. Pay half his salary and trade him for a 4th rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Probably 4th in line but still. Think he's on 500 or something. North would be stupid not to offer us a 3rd rounder for him. I'd take pic 37 in a heartbeat and they can spread his contract over a few more years.

Last edited:
Probably 4th in line but still. Think he's on 500 or something. North would be stupid not to offer us a 2nd rounder for him. I'd take pic 36 in a heartbeat and they can spread his contract over a few more years.

zero chance we get a 2nd coming off this year.

No chance at all but I'd love to get Blakey, ******* love watching that kid play. He should be wearing a Fitzroy jumper in the 80s

I know you love him, hes hard at it but his kicking worries me, some of his kicks seem to take forever to get to the target.

Did my calculations horribly wrong then. Ment North's 3rd -37.

If we got offered that it would still amaze me, more likely a deal would a one round upgrade perhaps, like Tomo and our 4th for North's 3rd

If we got offered that it would still amaze me, more likely a deal would a one round upgrade perhaps, like Tomo and our 4th for North's 3rd
Yeah he's probably more of a salary dump. Either way north should have a crack at him

We also need to move Tomlinson out if we can. Too much money for a reserve key back now even though I like him

Move him out with Jackson and we should really be able to target someone good.
Is he worth a try up forward?

Is he worth a try up forward?
Doubt he'd be any better than who we have atm if we persist with the Dresden method of slowly bombing the **** out of the ball going inside 50. No harm in trying but don't think he'll add much.

For real though even if we had naughton it wouldn't matter.
Naughton averages 2.14 contested marks a game. He kicks at about 50% so we would be one goal a game better off.

We need to concentrate on fixing our zone which was picked apart by Geelong and fixing our clearances because that's when you get even numbers forward. The blokes inside the 50 barely matter especially with the Coleman medalist getting like 60 goals these days.

For real though even if we had naughton it wouldn't matter.
Naughton averages 2.14 contested marks a game. He kicks at about 50% so we would be one goal a game better off.

We need to concentrate on fixing our zone which was picked apart by Geelong and fixing our clearances because that's when you get even numbers forward. The blokes inside the 50 barely matter especially with the Coleman medalist getting like 60 goals these days.
This is spot on - personnel don't matter forward - BBB took two contested marks in the first 10 minutes - he should be adequate enough.

Our forward movement and entries were good in the first quarter - and we're just awful after that.

And our zone was horrible too - just sliced through - which is really unusual.

Probably 4th in line but still. Think he's on 500 or something. North would be stupid not to offer us a 3rd rounder for him. I'd take pic 37 in a heartbeat and they can spread his contract over a few more years.

May, Petty, Lever, Turner, Smith, Tomlinson… sixth in line imo.

And I doubt we’d even get a third rounder for him but anyway. It’s a good idea to free up some $$ and let him play some senior footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May, Petty, Lever, Turner, Smith, Tomlinson… sixth in line imo.

And I doubt we’d even get a third rounder for him but anyway. It’s a good idea to free up some $$ and let him play some senior footy.

Not sure you could put half a game turner and Smith infront of him but ok.

The coaches seemed to by selecting them when fit.

Anyways

If Turner is the real deal even more of a reason to move on Tomlinson. Can't carry 3 AfL level defender's in the 2s especially when we dont even have 3 AfL level mids

Im home playing dad today, bit cold and wet to go outside. thought of potential trade.

Dees lose Jackson, future third (45ish) This year's fourth (60)
Dogs lose first rounder (10)
Freo lose lobb, future first (15) and this year's second (30) Lloyd meek

Freo get jackson , dees future third (45
Dogs get: lobb, freos second (30) Our future fourth(60)
Dees get: Lloyd meek, Dogs first (10) and freos first (15)

Freo keep a first out of it.
Dogs get their key tall, still take 2 picks in the second round this year
Dees get a ruck who can play today, 2 firsts to use this year either at the draft or further trades.

If we get those picks, take one to draft. See if we can get tanner bruhn from gws with the other. The more I see of JVR this year, I think he plays 20 games next year, so not seeing a real point at trading for another key tall.

Lose Jackson and a couple of later pics, and pick up a skilled mid/forward who's played 2 seasons, a 24yo ruck who seems mobile enough to spend time forward as well, plus see whatever is available in the draft.

Thoughts?

I'd literally give away Tomlinson for a pick in the 100s if we can get a club to take a salary dump.

I agree with Topkent I'd like us to target another mid. Jordon is a winger not centre square player and Sparrow isn't coming on as I'd hoped, if we're prepared to put Trac up forward more and he keeps playing like the last two weeks we need more depth there. Also gotta factor in Viney traditionally plays 15 games a year not the 20+ he is on track for so the more you think about it the more we need another mid.

Im home playing dad today, bit cold and wet to go outside. thought of potential trade.

Dees lose Jackson, future third (45ish) This year's fourth (60)
Dogs lose first rounder (10)
Freo lose lobb, future first (15) and this year's second (30) Lloyd meek

Freo get jackson , dees future third (45
Dogs get: lobb, freos second (30) Our future fourth(60)
Dees get: Lloyd meek, Dogs first (10) and freos first (15)

Freo keep a first out of it.
Dogs get their key tall, still take 2 picks in the second round this year
Dees get a ruck who can play today, 2 firsts to use this year either at the draft or further trades.

If we get those picks, take one to draft. See if we can get tanner bruhn from gws with the other. The more I see of JVR this year, I think he plays 20 games next year, so not seeing a real point at trading for another key tall.

Lose Jackson and a couple of later pics, and pick up a skilled mid/forward who's played 2 seasons, a 24yo ruck who seems mobile enough to spend time forward as well, plus see whatever is available in the draft.

Thoughts?
I think it’s pretty good. Although I reckon Freo would be a bit unhappy with it. They’re essentially giving all of their ruck backup and draft picks for Jackson. I may also be incorrect but I’m pretty sure that Freo only have a first and fourth round pick this year.

I think it’s pretty good. Although I reckon Freo would be a bit unhappy with it. They’re essentially giving all of their ruck backup and draft picks for Jackson. I may also be incorrect but I’m pretty sure that Freo only have a first and fourth round pick this year.
True, I didn't really look at what picks were available in that sense. Just did the ol assumption trick.

They'd have Amyss, kuek, Benning and treacy as depth over 195cm behind Darcy and Jackson. Plus in 2 years time whatever key position player we draft from WA this year.

I'd literally give away Tomlinson for a pick in the 100s if we can get a club to take a salary dump.

I agree with Topkent I'd like us to target another mid. Jordon is a winger not centre square player and Sparrow isn't coming on as I'd hoped, if we're prepared to put Trac up forward more and he keeps playing like the last two weeks we need more depth there. Also gotta factor in Viney traditionally plays 15 games a year not the 20+ he is on track for so the more you think about it the more we need another mid.
Was tomlinson this shit last year prior to injury, or is it just the normal lack of confidence from a year out with ACL?

I know he was never a gun but I'm sure he was tolerable.

Was tomlinson this s**t last year prior to injury, or is it just the normal lack of confidence from a year out with ACL?

He was one of our better players this until his ACL last year.

Was tomlinson this s**t last year prior to injury, or is it just the normal lack of confidence from a year out with ACL?

Tomlinson was great pre ACL but now he just looks way too slow, and we've got depth in KPDs. Paying him around 500k per year could potentially bite us on the arse.

for those interested, WA is playing the Allies in a few minutes time. Streamed on afl.com.au.

Jackson Broadbent #40 is one of the only rucks in the draft so we'll be looking at him closely. He's a late first rounder I'd say.
Also Elijah Hewitt (mid) #11 and #29 Jedd Busslinger (key defender) are likely top 5-6 picks if we get early picks for Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back