Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're right, buddy winning one with the swans would be worse.... Also Danger wining a NS would have been unbearable.

Honestly a Geelong v Swans GF I was going to be disappointing either way.....

Well done Isaac clearly better than Lance on the day and now the oldest ever Norm Smith winner I think I heard. Joins another ex-Hawk Gary Ablett Snr in winning the Norm Smith maybe there's another one not sure.

Attachments

• 20220920_170933.jpg
    20220920_170933.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 79
I love issie super pumped for him as a Hawthorn legend, but.... but he is going to be remembered as a Geelong legend now. šŸ¤¢

I doubt it. You likely don't start your career at a club, win three in a row including kicking the clutch goal in 2013, then get forgotten because you were best on in a GF for another club.

Stuart Dew came close, but most remember him as a Port player. He only won one flag there.

The three peat team are immortals. Smith played bloody well in two of the 3 flags. His game yesterday picked up where he left off in 2015.

Plus on a positive note, a Hawk Great was best on ground for Geelong in a GF. They had to import some Hawk magic to help make it happen :D

Last edited:
Terrible game. Swans gave up. No pressure in Geelong forward line.

Warner and Papley played well on Swans side. Geelong gave effort everywhere for 3 quarters and then it was every man for himself in the last quarter.

Warner had it 29 time with 2 goals, Dangerfield had it 27 with no goals. Dangerfield got 10 Norm Smith votes, Warner didn't get any.

I would have voted for Stengle.

Went to AFLW on Friday to see the first win. Girls were magnificent. Best thing to happen in a dirty week.

Go Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terrible game. Swans gave up. No pressure in Geelong forward line.

Warner and Papley played well on Swans side. Geelong gave effort everywhere for 3 quarters and then it was every man for himself in the last quarter.

Warner had it 29 time with 2 goals, Dangerfield had it 27 with no goals. Dangerfield got 10 Norm Smith votes, Warner didn't get any.

I would have voted for Stengle.

Went to AFLW on Friday to see the first win. Girls were magnificent. Best thing to happen in a dirty week.

Go Hawks.

Papley was invisible. Danger played really well. Stengle, Duncan, Hawkins, De Koning and Of course Smith made up the Cats best imo.

Warner clearly Swans best. Fox could hold his head up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Full props to Isaac Smith saying in his on field interview he has been lucky to play for ā€œtwo great clubsā€ - in a tough week for the Hawks that was a nice touch

Full props to Isaac Smith saying in his on field interview he has been lucky to play for ā€œtwo great clubsā€ - in a tough week for the Hawks that was a nice touch
Yes and I think that his Norm Smith win makes the 13/14/15 Hawks team the only one to include 4 Norm Smith winners- Hodge, Lake, Rioli, Smith. Somehow that great team just got a little greater.

It also means there wouldā€™ve been Hawks Cats games in 2013 featuring 7 Norm Smith winners- those 4 + Bartel, Stevie J and Chapman?

Need a stats guru to clarify.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2022 AFL Grand Final : Geelong v Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back