Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Good selection … we had to appoint a new coach by trade time next week … watch the money fly now …. Big names thrown up.. already straight after the announcement of Scott they gave breaking news that Essendon are circling Degoey .. they will go hard for Bowes and maybe another big name … been waiting for this … let the party begin

It's sad that we had to burn the boats to move forward but I think it's a positive step in the right direction.

I can't claim any special insight on coaching but it seems on the surface level that Brad is a pretty safe pair of hands, with a track record and a unique set of skills that are not going to lead to too many surprises. The 4+ years may lock in some stability and discipline over the next little while as well which will be nice.

We seemed to have broken the messiah nexus, the process was allowed to run it's course and produced a result that didn't seem to be corrupted by powerbrokers and favourite sons, though I may be totally naive.

And the final point, I'm so thankful that in the end we didn't end up with Clarkson and having to deal with all that. We've got a good coach, a proven coach, and we can move forward in a calm and methodical way and not having to be stuck in that halfway house of misery.

Tidr: 🤷‍♂️ and 🙂

Ive heard whispers that he will be bringing Cameron Joyce with him. Joyce was the list manager and best friend of Scott during his coaching rain. He's currently the coach of the GC AFLW team but the lure of being Scott's assistant coach is too much to turn down.

I must admit I'm kind of jealous because I thought Joyce was the best list manager in the country before he left North. I'm not sure if that means Doduo will be leaving too or if he's staying until after the draft.

All the best.

You’ve heard whispers about who he’s bringing in the few hours since the news broke in a no-leak process?

okey mete

Sorry to intrude again folks but Carlton were laughed/mocked at for appointing Vossy but he has turned out fine for us (even if we failed at the last hurdle)

I was honestly skeptical of Voss when we appointed him (I wanted Ross Lyon lol) due to pre conceived notions etc) but can honestly say he is the best coach we have had in many years, and has proved me wrong.

Get the feeling Brad Scott will do the same for your footy club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to intrude again folks but Carlton were laughed/mocked at for appointing Vossy but he has turned out fine for us (even if we failed at the last hurdle)

I was honestly skeptical of Voss when we appointed him (I wanted Ross Lyon lol) due to pre conceived notions etc) but can honestly say he is the best coach we have had in many years, and has proved me wrong.

Get the feeling Brad Scott will do the same for your footy club.
Being laughed at and mocked is the status quo. But how are you supposed to feel about it when SOS and Damo think it's a great idea?

**** off Geelong, you can keep Chris, we've got the

great-scott-surprised.gif

Might be laughed at for this but his twin knows how to maintain a successful culture and support leaders and having just won a flag you would think they would at least share more insights than other coaches. Probably not even worth 1% but dimma and bevo have previously mentioned they still were close to clarko and general advice so you think twinsbwould do the same.

Even if it's a extra piece in support network to help cope with emotional toll of coaching a club with high expectations. Might say dimma didn't really help Ruttens success but think he actually had a hand in how well Rutten kept it together and held himself at the end.

After how we treat coaches I do think about mental toll it takes on coaches and how that impacts there decision making.

Being laughed at and mocked is the status quo. But how are you supposed to feel about it when SOS and Damo think it's a great idea?

Touche.

They come across as flogs in the media, but I honestly do believe SOS and Damo are much more intelligent football pundits than many/most think.

Purple was one of the very few media pundits who thought Carlton did the right thing appointing Voss as coach.

I think Scott will pleasantly surprise you Bombers fans, as as Vossy has for us Blue Baggers

Time will tell I suppose.

Sorry for intruding but the more I think about this I think it will be great for the Bombers. My best mate is a Bombers fan so I secretly want them to do well (except against Geelong).

As mentioned before about Voss - these guys deserve a second chance at it. I’m sure the lessons learned in this job are immeasurable and offer a great opportunity to reflect, recharge and have a better go at it second time round for many. I’d expect the same for Buckley some day if he chooses to.

I think Brad could take a leaf out of Chris’ swagger look, though!

U think if Scott fails we might actually admit the club is stuffed. My real question is can the cockroach survive scott or survive a scott failure?

The better coach of the two in my opinion. I bloody hope Carracella sticks around. I also hope we get someone as good as Balme to do that role too.

Step one Scott. Use that salary cap space to get De Goey, Bowes + pick 7 and use the Francis trade to upgrade 22 to 17.

De Goey + Bowes + pick 5 + pick 7 + pick 17 + Davey + Mankura ... les gooooo

Congrats on your new coach, Scott amigos! We match now. So cute.

Brad massively over performed with those spuds at North and according to Lethal he was more of a natural born coach than Chris. Excited to see him bring his intelligence, grit, and competitive hunger to your club.

Our Scott has done right by us and then some. I hope your Scott brings you the same joy.

Until our first ever Country Scott Bowl! Bye.
Agreed, Brad Scott coached Norf to finals 50% of the time during his tenure (inc. 2 prelims) and with an ordinary list (on average) over his 10-year period as well as being hindered by the club's financial woes throughout.

Norf also finished inside the Top 10 80% of the time during their H&A seasons under Brad, and only once did they finish in the bottom four.
Am excited to see what he can achieve with the Essendon list in 2023, especially when you add in a Top 4 draft pick, Alwyn Davey and potentially some high-quality trades who IMO will be more willing to nominate our club given Brad's appointment (& reputation) not to mention Essendon's enviable ability to negotiate with a very healthy salary cap space.

YearTeamGamesWinsLossesDrawsWin %Finish
2019​
10​
3​
7​
0​
30.0%​
14​
2018​
22​
12​
10​