Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So……..
After years of calling them scumpires, and taking the heat for that view, the truth comes out.
And like all things, this is the tip of the iceberg.
The good ship AFLTitanic may yet regret the blood money it takes.
It’s “partners” are being lauded for bringing this up, but had the bets lost I’m sure they would have remained silent. The bets cost them so they investigated. Otherwise, like the scum they are, they would have taken the money and ran.
Just like cigarette advertising, it’s time to ban all betting sponsorships.

We already have one award voted by players, one award voted by coaches and numerous awards voted by media personalities. Let the umps keep their award, but perhaps it’s a time for the industry to shift the prestige. Perhaps that shift could be achieved via a new award that considers the votes already cast across the various awards, a best of the best?

So the Saints want to shift their home game from Marvel to the MCG rd3 2023.
They want to make it a blockbuster . Who do you think they want to be the opponent?
Are we able to refuse to be used yet again to enable a club to profit off our members?
After all this is a club that only had to pay out their sacked coach at 50%. We would have to payout 100% if we sacked a coach only months after signing him up.
Let them die, or be relocated.

So the Saints want to shift their home game from Marvel to the MCG rd3 2023.
They want to make it a blockbuster . Who do you think they want to be the opponent?
Are we able to refuse to be used yet again to enable a club to profit off our members?
After all this is a club that only had to pay out their sacked coach at 50%. We would have to payout 100% if we sacked a coach only months after signing him up.
Let them die, or be relocated.
Meh. Easy 4 points i say

We already have one award voted by players, one award voted by coaches and numerous awards voted by media personalities. Let the umps keep their award, but perhaps it’s a time for the industry to shift the prestige. Perhaps that shift could be achieved via a new award that considers the votes already cast across the various awards, a best of the best?
I've always loved the coaches award.. These blokes tuned in.

Brownlow nowadays is WAGS and red carpet. TV..

Somebody help me out..
Votes are supposed to be totally locked away until Brownlow night.

How did Michael Pell help his friends with results?

Perhaps his own votes?

Sucks either way. If he's guilty he needs to do a little time.

Somebody help me out..

Perhaps his own votes?

I think this article covers it well enough: Alleged bets laid on ‘over 10 games’ arrested AFL ump worked — and two he wasn’t on field for
1668515373510.png
1668515431602.png
1668515768054.png
1668515790090.png

Last edited:

Somebody help me out..

Perhaps his own votes?

Seems your wish came true..

r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg

Seems that the attempt to avoid detection by placing multiple smaller bets was their undoing and more so given they only placed winning bets. Suggests to me that this was a group of mates/individuals rather than a syndicate/larger group.
Greed has no bounds. This is exceptionally bad. Umpire will likely get prison time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rugby League world cup final.
Aussie oi oi oi
Looking forward to it
Screenshot_20221115-214725_Chrome.jpg

Greed has no bounds. This is exceptionally bad. Umpire will likely get prison time.
TBH, I'm really struggling to give a shit whether a loose tongued umpire enabled some blokes to rip off some betting agencies. It says something that the integrity of betting markets is such a massive AFL issue.

TBH, I'm really struggling to give a s**t whether a loose tongued umpire enabled some blokes to rip off some betting agencies. It says something that the integrity of betting markets is such a massive AFL issue.
Funny how the betting agencies were so easily able to identify and deal with punters who were continually winning and yet seem so unable to do anything about those problem gamblers who lose everything to them!!!!!

Fair enough. It's no doubt a scandal, but I still don't care if an umpire told some people who he voted for. It's a pretty meh scandal in my eyes.
That's ok, you don't have to care. It's certainly newsworthy.

You did call it a massive AFL scandal a moment ago. Anytime the integrity of an official comes into question, it is needs to be immediately treated as a massive threat to the integrity of the game, that's for sure.

That's ok, you don't have to care. It's certainly newsworthy.

You did call it a massive AFL scandal a moment ago. Anytime the integrity of an official comes into question, it is needs to be immediately treated as a massive threat to the integrity of the game, that's for sure.
I'll leave it to the police to protect the state secrecy of who got 3 Brownlow votes in a game. But I'll continue to consider it a social absurdity that the state spend money on it - to maintain profits from spot betting on who got 3 votes in a game. Unfortunately, that's where we're at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back