Don't want, (or need) to start a new thread - still want to post it though

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given the families of the victims reaction to the way Netflix did their recent stuff on Dahmer, it is lacking in taste.

Not quite the Adolf Hitler costume I saw online though. Could be doing much worse.

Nor is he actually a violent person, like some other footballers (AFL or NRL) or ex. Relatively minor, but still don't think it's good form.

We put up a sign every year.
So far it’s been respected.

View attachment 1547258

The UK police have been offering similar posters for years after they had violence erupt over people not supplying treats.
You really put a sign up?
That’s pretty lame.

I think given the families of the victims reaction to the way Netflix did their recent stuff on Dahmer, it is lacking in taste.

Not quite the Adolf Hitler costume I saw online though. Could be doing much worse.

Nor is he actually a violent person, like some other footballers (AFL or NRL) or ex. Relatively minor, but still don't think it's good form.
Mate, it’s a good costume.
Just a bit of fun.

You really put a sign up?
That’s pretty lame.
Have for every year since 2019.
As I say, the people respect it. Which we are grateful for. It also saves them a 25 metre walk from the road to our door.
In the UK and the US there has been violence when people have knocked and been told that the household is not a participant in this retail nonsense.
Interestingly we were in Ireland in 2018, the actual birthplace of Halloween, and it is very much more community, not retail, based.
What the USofA, and now it’s biggest sycophant Australia, have turned the day into is a retail fuelled excuse to pump up the profits of the large corporations.

As I say, the people respect it. Which we are grateful for.
In the UK and the US there has been violence when people have knocked and been told that the household is not a participant in this retail nonsense.
Interestingly we were in Ireland in 2018, the actual birthplace of Halloween, and it is very much more community, not retail, based.
What the USofA, and now it’s biggest sycophant Australia, have turned the day into is a retail fuelled excuse to pump up the profits of the large corporations.

All power to you for thinking you need to do that. But in my area, parents advise their kids to only go knocking on doors that have clearly welcomed trick or treat visitors with decorations etc. No need to put up a “do not enter” sign because no sign at all is sufficient. It just makes you look like a bit of a goose.

All power to you for thinking you need to do that. But in my area, parents advise their kids to only go knocking on doors that have clearly welcomed trick or treat visitors with decorations etc. No need to put up a “do not enter” sign because no sign at all is sufficient. It just makes you look like a bit of a goose.
Plenty of people around the world do it.
And as I say, I don’t live in area where buildings are built next to each other with no room to breathe.
Doing the people a service by saving them a 50 metre round trip.
And just to clarify another reason, the Mrs is in a new job and was in bed by 7pm, so last thing she needed was the great unwashed knocking on the door.

And as I say, I don’t live in area where buildings are built next to each other with no room to breathe.
And just to clarify another reason, the Mrs is in a new job and was in bed by 7pm, so last thing she needed was the great unwashed knocking on the door.
When young kids in the neighbourhood came trick or treating, my father chased them away with his lectures on the evils of US infiltration of our country's culture, economy and traditions. He got himself a reputation as an old grouch. When I took over the house, despite not being a fan of Halloween, I made sure to get some candy for the kids. I could not see the point of standing on principle one night of the year and besmirching my name in the area. Whether you or like it or not, Halloween is here to stay.

When young kids in the neighbourhood came trick or treating, my father chased them away with his lectures on the evils of US infiltration of our country's culture, economy and traditions. He got himself a reputation as an old grouch. When I took over the house, despite not being a fan of Halloween, I made sure to get some candy for the kids. I could not see the point of standing on principle one night of the year and besmirching my name in the area. Whether you or like it or not, Halloween is here to stay.

Just the same a Chinese New Year and other introduced traditions that have arrived from other cultures. Harmless fun. Get involved or don’t. But don’t judge…

As I say, the people respect it. Which we are grateful for. It also saves them a 25 metre walk from the road to our door.
If you don’t have decorations kids don’t knock on the door. That’s how it works in Melbourne.

Just wondering what you are running to manage the grasses either side of the massive 25 metre stretch from front gate to farmhouse? Guinea pigs?

The isolation must be challenging at times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sadly the band I'm in will play our last gig on 11/12 ..
Our lead singer/guitar/amazing song writer is going back to UK.
I recall drunken conversation with him about our lot as Collingwood tragic. A mutual friend is a bomber fan. Hence the line about that.
Gez rattled this off in 1 week. He can just write original songs so easy!
Our band is disparate and we basically hardly practice. The fiddler is professional so can wing anything. Me on bass and the drummer Krisso h save played together on and off for 37 years!
Gez And I practice to hold it together.
Here's the song. Bad luck and Magpies! He was taking the piss on me!

Mcdonalds-November-deals.jpg

Bargain.
Stewy Dews Advent calander

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been rewatching the season and one thing is clear for me. Cox is head and shoulders the better ruck option than Cameron. He’s a much better tap ruckman and takes more marks around the ground. Cameron is a good second ruck that’s it.
I’ve seen many 2023 best 22 teams and very few have Cox even in the side. You can’t be serious, Cameron/McStay as our rucks fmd. Mason needs to be told he’s our number 1, unfortunately people have a poor impression of him because bucks played him out of position for years because Grundy couldn’t be a forward. Keep McStay as a forward to only ruck in case of emergency.

Been rewatching the season and one thing is clear for me. Cox is head and shoulders the better ruck option than Cameron. He’s a much better tap ruckman and takes more marks around the ground. Cameron is a good second ruck that’s it.
I’ve seen many 2023 best 22 teams and very few have Cox even in the side. You can’t be serious, Cameron/McStay as our rucks fmd. Mason needs to be told he’s our number 1, unfortunately people have a poor impression of him because bucks played him out of position for years because Grundy couldn’t be a forward. Keep McStay as a forward to only ruck in case of emergency.
Agree, and whilst Cox is older than Cameron, I'd say that he has more improvement in him too.

What the hell is candy?
All for Halloween to join the cultural mashup of festivities in Australia. Diwali, Holi, Lunar New Year, Oktoberfest, St Pat's Day, etc.
However I draw the line at candy! It's lollies mate.

“Candy”?
Just another American wannabe I see.

Just wondering what you are running to manage the grasses either side of the massive 25 metre stretch from front gate to farmhouse? Guinea pigs?

The isolation must be challenging at times.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have a ride on.
A ride on is a lawn mower… nothing like the pair of scissors you city folk have to cut your “lawn”.
And the Mrs does the gardening. Was a pre-requisite of us building on a large block.
I’m no green thumb.

Happy Carlton got Voss. I knew he'd be a very average choice.
Carlton have an insane list.
McRae would have them humming.

Not so wild prediction. We will be playing a “home” game in Adelaide for magic round against, wait for it. Sydney, this it will continue the decade long fact that Sydney don’t play Collingwood in Melbourne.

This is odds on to happen, Sydney will request to play us in Adelaide and graciously let it be our “home” game.

Let’s wait and see.

We have a ride on.
A ride on is a lawn mower… nothing like the pair of scissors you city folk have to cut your “lawn”.
And the Mrs does the gardening. Was a pre-requisite of us building on a large block.
I’m no green thumb.
1668242711518.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back