List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TK is wrong, again. I will answer you. 😌

I appreciate you finding the article . It's a good read. But the stats are a little misleading because i'm assuming the 1 in 13 is direct passages to goals.

Hypothetically, lets say Petracca sprays a shot at goal. Tom Stewart gets the ball from the kick-out kicks it 50m, hits Dangerfield who handballs it off to Guthrie who bangs it deep inside 50m to Jeremy Cameron 1 v1. Steven May spoils it over the line. Umpire throws it in, Hawkins grabs it out of the ruck. Snaps and goals. That wouldn't go down as a goal from a behind but it may as well have. That goal is on Petracca. 2 goal swing.

And with our ineffective zone (which i was harping on about all season) where we continuously concede an uncontested mark 45m, we cannot be missing easy shots at goal.
This is complete mental gymnastics you're coming up with hypotheticals to try and save your point despite the fact that it is demonstrably wrong.

Petracca kicked 19 goals 31 behinds last year.

So you're basically saying that on average 2/3 kick ins in the AFL lead to opposition goals.
OR you're claiming that the stat is unique to Petracca which would just be a statistical anomaly.
OR that it's unique to Melbourne in which case you're claiming that of the 284 behinds we kicked in 2022 two thirds of them lead to goals, which would mean that of the 240 goals kicked against us last year 189 of them came from kick ins. It's completely, obviously wrong. All you need to do is look at a score worm from any of our games and see how rare it was for an opposition goal to be the score that followed one of our behinds.

Round 1: Only one Bulldogs goal was kicked after a Melbourne behind, the behind was kicked by Luke Jackson. 1 goal from 11.
1669333477970.png
Round 2: Only one Gold Coast goal was kicked after a Melbourne behind, the behind was kicked by Kozzy Pickett. 1 goal from 10.
1669333570184.png
Round 3: Two goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. One behind was kicked by Tom McDonald the other was rushed. 2 goals from 10
1669333780799.png
Round 4: No goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. 0 from 4
1669333893729.png
Round 5: Two goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. One behind was kicked by Kozzy Picket the other by Ed Langdon. 2 goals from 7.
1669335812553.png

I'm only five rounds in and shown that only 6 goals were conceded after we kicked a behind, none of them by Petracca. That's 6 from 42 or 14%.

You just make shit up with no actual evidence and present it like it's a known fact.

We Did It Mic Drop GIF

Last edited:

Damn son.
That type of ******* is against all kinds of laws.
If I go for three more rounds we'd already be at 55 goals conceded where the previous score wasn't a Melbourne behind. For dansters point to make any kind of sense only around 51 goals for the entire season could have come outside of opposition kick ins.

This is complete mental gymnastics you're coming up with hypotheticals to try and save your point despite the fact that it is demonstrably wrong.

Petracca kicked 19 goals 31 behinds last year.

So you're basically saying that on average 2/3 kick ins in the AFL lead to opposition goals.
OR you're claiming that the stat is unique to Petracca which would just be a statistical anomaly.
OR that it's unique to Melbourne in which case you're claiming that of the 284 behinds we kicked in 2022 two thirds of them lead to goals, which would mean that of the 240 goals kicked against us last year 189 of them came from kick ins. It's completely, obviously wrong. All you need to do is look at a score worm from any of our games and see how rare it was for an opposition goal to be the score that followed one of our behinds.

Round 1: Only one Bulldogs goal was kicked after a Melbourne behind, the behind was kicked by Luke Jackson. 1 goal from 11.
View attachment 1560307
Round 2: Only one Gold Coast goal was kicked after a Melbourne behind, the behind was kicked by Kozzy Pickett. 1 goal from 10.
View attachment 1560309
Round 3: Two goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. One behind was kicked by Tom McDonald the other was rushed. 2 goals from 10
View attachment 1560311
Round 4: No goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. 0 from 4
View attachment 1560312
Round 5: Two goals were conceded after a Melbourne behind. One behind was kicked by Kozzy Picket the other by Ed Langdon. 2 goals from 7.
View attachment 1560315

I'm only five rounds in and shown that only 6 goals were conceded after we kicked a behind, none of them by Petracca. That's 6 from 42 or 14%.

You just make s**t up with no actual evidence and present it like it's a known fact.

We Did It Mic Drop GIF
I love it. I've never actually gone through the score worms before. Tip my hat off. I'll concede that the opposition didn't kick more than 19 goals after his 31 behinds in 2022.

In terms of the my original point, I still don't think petracca should ever be in the forward line due to his horrendous goal kicking. An absolute momentum killer.

If I go for three more rounds we'd already be at 55 goals conceded where the previous score wasn't a Melbourne behind. For dansters point to make any kind of sense only around 51 goals for the entire season could have come outside of opposition kick ins.
Those were from Petracca turnovers going inside 50 and Ben Brown dropped marks.

I love it. I've never actually gone through the score worms before. Tip my hat off. I'll concede that the opposition didn't kick more than 19 goals after his 31 behinds in 2022.

In terms of the my original point, I still don't think petracca should ever be in the forward line due to his horrendous goal kicking. An absolute momentum killer.
In future it would be great if you could actually try to back up your claims with evidence rather than just stating blatant falsehoods as objective facts.

In future it would be great if you could actually try to back up your claims with evidence rather than just stating blatant falsehoods as objective facts.
ok, here we go.

Petracca had the worst goal kicking accuracy (27.5%) in the league for anyone that kicked over 10 goals. The total number of players that kicked more than 10 goals in 2022 was 145. Petracca was the worst.

Petracca had the 7th most behinds in the afl last season. But the 68th most goals.

Petracca had 61 Shots on Goal in 2022. He kicked 19 of them.

Players that had higher goal kicking %ers were Gawn (34.2%), Castagna (34.3%), Max King (49.1%), Franklin (55.9%), Joe Daniher (52%), Casboult (55.6%), Mason Cox (43.8%).

So if anyone wants to put Petracca in the forward line that's all ok but in 2022 he was the worst kick in the goal in the AFL.

ok, here we go.

Petracca had the worst goal kicking accuracy (27.5%) in the league for anyone that kicked over 10 goals. The total number of players that kicked more than 10 goals in 2022 was 145. Petracca was the worst.

Petracca had the 7th most behinds in the afl last season. But the 68th most goals.

Petracca had 61 Shots on Goal in 2022. He kicked 19 of them.

Players that had higher goal kicking %ers were Gawn (34.2%), Castagna (34.3%), Max King (49.1%), Franklin (55.9%), Joe Daniher (52%), Casboult (55.6%), Mason Cox (43.8%).

So if anyone wants to put Petracca in the forward line that's all ok but in 2022 he was the worst kick in the goal in the AFL.
He had a shocking year in front of goal but it was certainly an outlier. He's 142.118 for his career which is about 55%. By modern standards that's pretty average. He was the number 2 ranked player for score involvements that shows there is more to his forward work than just pure scores kicked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want danster to have his own separate thread where he makes up convoluted hypothetical situations to explain his off-kilter football statments

I'll give danster some points for not weaving his Ben Brown obsession into the hypothetical

Back to trade/draft: Swans have said their picks at the end of first round are on the table, they're looking for future picks for next year's draft. I reckon we will swap our/freo's F1 if one of our guys is still there on the board. Could be the George scenario JT is talking about.

He had a shocking year in front of goal but it was certainly an outlier. He's 142.118 for his career which is about 55%. By modern standards that's pretty average. He was the number 2 ranked player for score involvements that shows there is more to his forward work than just pure scores kicked.
I'm sorry blue legs but that's incorrect on this occasion. You didn't factor in the shots on goal, i.e. the on the fulls, scrubbers etc. This is what GA% is.

2022: 27.5%
2021: 40.8%
2020: 44.1%
2019: 48.9%
2018: 39.6%
2017: 68.4%
2016: 34.3%

So that's an avg of 43.3% over his career. which is poor. And an average of 43.3% (the same), 4 years prior to last year.

If we take out the outliers in 2022 and 2017 (to be fair), he has an average 41.5%.

So anyway you slice it, he's a horrific kick for goal. one of the worst in the league, if not the worst if going by current form.

I'm sorry blue legs but that's incorrect on this occasion. You didn't factor in the shots on goal, i.e. the on the fulls, scrubbers etc. This is what GA% is.

2022: 27.5%
2021: 40.8%
2020: 44.1%
2019: 48.9%
2018: 39.6%
2017: 68.4%
2016: 34.3%

So that's an avg of 43.3% over his career. which is poor. And an average of 43.3% (the same), 4 years prior to last year.

If we take out the outliers in 2022 and 2017 (to be fair), he has an average 41.5%.

So anyway you slice it, he's a horrific kick for goal. one of the worst in the league, if not the worst if going by current form.
Fair enough, don't really have a horse in this race. Trac is obviously a better mid but happy for him to rest at half forward as we don't have many better options.

it's a tough one but I don't see what you see in petracca as a forward. He is one of the worst kicks for goal in the afl and the very few goals he has kicked there would be matched (or surpassed) with the number of goals the other team kicks on the rebound from the kick in after all of his behinds.

Putting petracca before fritsch is blasphemous. if you can't kick straight, get out of the forward line.
See, this is where your cringeworthy hyperbole (look it up) comes back to bite you. You always push over-the-top opinions as fact, rather than actually trying to have a rational discussion.

If you said "Petracca is a horrible kick for goal and for that reason I worry about his impact as a forward", most of us would agree with you. But you go with the ridiculous "the very few goals he has kicked there would be matched (or surpassed) with the number of goals the other team kicks on the rebound from the kick in after all of his behinds" which turns the thread into a shitfight.

Be better.

See, this is where your cringeworthy hyperbole (look it up) comes back to bite you. You always push over-the-top opinions as fact, rather than actually trying to have a rational discussion.

If you said "Petracca is a horrible kick for goal and for that reason I worry about his impact as a forward", most of us would agree with you. But you go with the ridiculous "the very few goals he has kicked there would be matched (or surpassed) with the number of goals the other team kicks on the rebound from the kick in after all of his behinds" which turns the thread into a shitfight.

Be better.
we've been there and done that. that was 2 hours ago. It's a strange take though. We've just seen that petracca is statistically the worst kick in the 515 afl players that ad a shot on goal in 2022. Putting him in the forward line shouldn't even be a consideration. Not unless he works on his ball drop which is too high, in my opinion.

we've been there and done that. that was 2 hours ago. It's a strange take though. We've just seen that petracca is statistically the worst kick in the 515 afl players that ad a shot on goal in 2022. Putting him in the forward line shouldn't even be a consideration. Not unless he works on his ball drop which is too high, in my opinion.

Who cares if it's two hours ago? It's a repeated pattern of behaviour and shits us all.

Again, you could say "Trac is a shit kick and needs to work on his ball drop etc" but just stop the blatant exaggeration.

Who cares if it's two hours ago? It's a repeated pattern of behaviour and shits us all.

Again, you could say "Trac is a s**t kick and needs to work on his ball drop etc" but just stop the blatant exaggeration.
don't speak on behalf of others. But it's hard not to exaggerate when we're literally talking about the worst kick for goal in the afl. but yes, I was surprised that we didn't get more on the rebound from kickins. You need to calm down though. Stop getting personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back