Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Which of these players do you think will be selected in the Crows' Round 1 team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The points are valid, but there is a fair bit of Mayo.

We've drafted and traded in more midfielders 185cm and above than 180cm and below since (or before) 2019.

We are a bottom 6 side and we still need to invest in our midfield. But we conceded an average of only 0.5 less clearances than our opposition. That's below average, but not one of the worst midfields in the comp.

I'd love a top 2 pick next year, but it's not happening. The top 6 pick we probably go get might nab us the blue chip mid we need to fill out our midfield (particularly if Pedlar gets his body right).
We now have Dowling , Nankervis and Cook who can all become tall midfielders . It’s now up to our development team.

The points are valid, but there is a fair bit of Mayo.

We've drafted and traded in more midfielders 185cm and above than 180cm and below since (or before) 2019.

We are a bottom 6 side and we still need to invest in our midfield. But we conceded an average of only 0.5 less clearances than our opposition. That's below average, but not one of the worst midfields in the comp.

I'd love a top 2 pick next year, but it's not happening. The top 6 pick we probably go get might nab us the blue chip mid we need to fill out our midfield (particularly if Pedlar gets his body right).

there's a bit more to rating a midfield than clearance differential. We were the worst midfield in the comp, breaking even at clearance numbers doesn't change that.

We now have Dowling , Nankervis and Cook who can all become tall midfielders . It’s now up to our development team.
interesting that you dont include hately (I agree with not including him) but at 22 they would be spewing if he cannot provide something before the orhers you mention do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best part of the rainbow revolution (yes the best), is a greater acceptance of men ordering non-brown alcoholic beverages.

Fruit Tingles and Cosmos are my previously secret shame.
You know it's pre-season when debating the acceptance of alcoholic drinks...

there's a bit more to rating a midfield than clearance differential. We were the worst midfield in the comp, breaking even at clearance numbers doesn't change that.

There’s also a bit more to rating a midfield than a few big footy posters opinions. Clearly we weren’t the worst midfield in the comp this year - North, West Coast clearly worse and ours stacked up well against a number of other sides on game day.

Obviously we need to develop more - and a blue chip mid field leader is still required - but the foundations are there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The best part of the rainbow revolution (yes the best), is a greater acceptance of men ordering non-brown alcoholic beverages.

Fruit Tingles and Cosmos are my previously secret shame.

missus and I went through a fruit tingle stage in our mid 20s. Bloody awesome drink, might make sure we've got the ingredients for Xmas day. Thanks for the reminder.

missus and I went through a fruit tingle stage in our mid 20s. Bloody awesome drink, might make sure we've got the ingredients for Xmas day. Thanks for the reminder.
You can buy them in a can now..

My missus bought a 4 pack the other day to try them because she loved them back in the day too..

She said the new can version tasted identical to the fruit tingles you used to get..

502CF24D-B481-4F15-9C0D-2C9EAF02DA8F.jpeg
I had a smell of the open can and instantly knew they werent for me… just smelt like sweet sugary lollies.. didnt even take a test sip..
I cant even drink sweetened orange juice let alone something like a fruit tingle..

Give me a traditional beer thanks.

Spiced rum and dry for me when the beers start feeling too heavy - come at me
Nothing wrong with spiced rum and dry..

Although spiced rum on its own, or maybe with ice, is great too once the beer starts bloating you up.

Just gotta pick the right one.. Red Leg is one of my favourites for around the $50 mark..

C68A2E71-2713-4395-B83E-EC4E4D5B4FC3.jpeg

Anyway.. better get back onto the footy before the mods whip us for going off topic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Preseason 2022/23 Talk & Media/Social Media etc.

Back