Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a time that the WA clubs haven't been looming?
No, because poaching from SA is fine.
The only place you aren’t allowed to take decent players from is Victoria, no matter how shite the team is.

No, because poaching from SA is fine.
The only place you aren’t allowed to take decent players from is Victoria, no matter how shite the team is.

I agree, but my point was that we must have heard 5 times by now that the WA clubs are interested in him.
Of course they are, he's from there and they'll keep asking the question, but it's not really news. It would be negligent of them if they didn't enquire about him.

I agree, but my point was that we must have heard 5 times by now that the WA clubs are interested in him.
Of course they are, he's from there and they'll keep asking the question, but it's not really news. It would be negligent of them if they didn't enquire about him.

Media play it up too.

I get that, my point relates in that if we were a Vic team there’d be uproar over any interest at all.

Last edited:
Hopefully Mitch can make a position his own next season , he’s not quite a perfect fit at the moment , I guess half forward or forward pocket are his best spots , he’s not quite tall enough for full forward at this stage , he could probably do cameos at full forward , he’s looke good a few times running with the ball so you never know , he’s a very interesting case study .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Mitch can make a position his own next season , he’s not quite a perfect fit at the moment , I guess half forward or forward pocket are his best spots , he’s not quite tall enough for full forward at this stage , he could probably do cameos at full forward , he’s looke good a few times running with the ball so you never know , he’s a very interesting case study .
Mitch has literally been playing FF for us

So let’s hope this deficiency you mentioned is fixable. Just because he took MOTY doesn’t make his spot in the team safe with other KPF in reserve vying for the same position.
We don’t want or need another
J Butcher.

I didn't say his spot was safe but you're talking about trading him because he has the kicking yips
He's nothing like John Butcher btw. His technique is fine, he's just inaccurate.

Georgiades was a dead eye only 2 years ago ..
Not really a dead-eye, and I'm not saying that to be argumentative. His goals were mostly (all?) from shots that were gettable (i.e. not a 35° angle from 65m) and he'd snare the sort of run-in that he missed the other day in the West Coast trial. He worked harder and smarter then but for some reason fell off from 2022 on. That has to be a confidence thing. Remember last year's R23 Showdown when the Crows dropped off late and the goal tap opened. The team had to work harder to engineer a goal for him than they did for Robbie Gray.

On table (from Footy Wire) below of his 2021 games I've circled 2 goal results in blue and 3 or more in red.

2021 Georgiades.JPG

Not really a dead-eye, and I'm not saying that to be argumentative. His goals were mostly (all?) from shots that were gettable (i.e. not a 35° angle from 65m) and he'd snare the sort of run-in that he missed the other day in the West Coast trial. He worked harder and smarter then but for some reason fell off from 2022 on. That has to be a confidence thing. Remember last year's R23 Showdown when the Crows dropped off late and the goal tap opened. The team had to work harder to engineer a goal for him than they did for Robbie Gray.

On table (from Footy Wire) below of his 2021 games I've circled 2 goal results in blue and 3 or more in red.

View attachment 1616785
Whose kicking them from 35 degrees and 65 metres though? I recall being impressed with some of his accuracy closer to the boundary line in 21 (maybe not from a great distance though)

Solid return for a 19 year old in any case.

Admittedly I made that ridiculously hard but I was really pushing the dead-eye dick bit. Of our present team I though Farrell might offer us something like this. But now Farrell's a defender, plus had two hand-off shots given to him on the weekend and missed both from in front. Of past players I can only think of Jay Schulz.
When MG is on he looks good. 3-0 and 4-0 games. The issues is, is around four shots at good his ceiling? Or does he fade out the game when having an off kicking day? If he gets say eight shots on girl, is he gonna kick 8-0? Or 5-3, etc? Or 2-6.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back