Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

At any other club you wouldn't be worried about the yips at all, but we are the only club that allowed a blue chip key forward completely mentally disintegrate with the yips in the modern era so
And chased off anyone that offered to help.

The Eagles’ list is diabolical - a young player would think long and hard about going there.

Suspect Freo will be a much more attractive option if MG wants to head home.
They have a way of always looking awful just before they come good.

They've found a way to bob up and win flags regularly better than any other side.

Jeremy Howe (as far as I'm aware) was never coached by Nathan Bassett. It would be an absolute waste of Georgiades and I have little doubt it would result in him requesting a trade.

Ah - I'm misinterpreting that article then? I'll get worried if we get in to the season proper and he still doesn't have a new contract.

He had a poor year last year. It would be crazy for him to re-sign right now. If he is playing well - he adds 100k+ to the contract offer. If he isn't getting a game, he couldn't be outta here fast enough. I wouldn't read anything to it unless there is no news of contract talks by mid-season.

12 months ago this board said Georgiades was the most talented kf we’ve drafted since tredrea and Marshall wasn’t a kf and might not make it..

What a narrow short sighted goldfish in a bowl view this board has of kpfs.

Mitch has averaged 1.2 and 1.5 goals the last 2 seasons as a kpf 21 and under, an age many kfs haven’t come close to establishing themselves

If a kf has the kicking yips you work with them and back them in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 months ago this board said Georgiades was the most talented kf we’ve drafted since tredrea and Marshall wasn’t a kf and might not make it..

What a narrow short sighted goldfish in a bowl view this board has of kpfs.

Mitch has averaged 1.2 and 1.5 goals the last 2 seasons as a kpf 21 and under, an age many kfs haven’t come close to establishing themselves

If a kf has the kicking yips you work with them and back them in.
I do agree with you, and gave you a like, But I also think his issues are more than just goal-kicking yips! He has become a little one-dimensional, and therefore easy to play on. He has drunk his own bathwater, and seems to be trying to take screamers all the time, instead of playing smart football, which we know he is capable of.

I love Mitch, and feel his potential is elite & off the charts. The club has to do as much as they can to help him reach it, including the occasional kick up the bum!.

I do agree with you, and gave you a like, But I also think his issues are more than just goal-kicking yips! He has become a little one-dimensional, and therefore easy to play on. He has drunk his own bathwater, and seems to be trying to take screamers all the time, instead of playing smart football, which we know he is capable of.

I love Mitch, and feel his potential is elite & off the charts. The club has to do as much as they can to help him reach it, including the occasional kick up the bum!.

Mitch at heart is a dumb footballer with great forward instincts

If you let him play to those instincts he looks like Einstein.

Unfortunately he is in a Hinkley coached group, at least for now.

So yet another Port forward wants to sit back and be kicked long to rather than lead up and its still the players fault not coaching instruction?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So yet another Port forward wants to sit back and be kicked long to rather than lead up and its still the players fault not coaching instruction?

This board: "All our coaches suck and need to be sacked".

Also this board: "Player X is a spud, why does he always position himself so poorly?"

🤔

We all know our forward coaching isnt great, But even when Marshal was struggling, a blind man could see the chasm in smarts of say, Marshall around the ball, vs Mitch.
So is it Mitch's fault? Or are the coaches fully to blame?

The last three years, we have been pulling our hair out over Marshall being up & down .... Was it his fault? Or were the coaches to blame?
Suddenly Marshall nails it in 2022 .... So who gets the credit? Did Marshall do it alone? Or did the coaches have a hand?

Mitch at heart is a dumb footballer with great forward instincts

If you let him play to those instincts he looks like Einstein.

Unfortunately he is in a Hinkley coached group, at least for now.
Was thinking along same lines, instinctive forward who has become lost under afl game structures. Needs to go back to basics, ie tools of a forward, leading even if unrewarded, work ethic, he has become a bit complacent/lazy, become team oriented, what can I do even when I havent got the ball. Keep head up, his body language is terrible at moment, opponents luv a good sook.
Classic case of a kid who burst onto the scene and now is facing the grind of becoming a solid consistent AFL player, hardest thing for most players to attain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Pick #18 (2019) - Mitch Georgiades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back