Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like numbers went down late but he missed a lot of footy. - Leo Connolly
The reviews certainly painted the picture that he had improved his impact. I'm not swayed by high possessions if the quality isn't also there, so I'd prefer 20 of quality if tge player is doing the other things right too.
I rate Leo off what I've seen and l hope we hang on to him. Sinclair mk2 IMO.

Former St Kilda coach Tim Watson surely has more idea than Kingy and Kane

And sunk the boots into Carlton as well. If they miss finals and we make it, I'll forgive all that smiting the footy gods have done to us.

Former St Kilda coach Tim Watson surely has more idea than Kingy and Kane
I wouldn't be so sure, kInGy has an impeccable eye for the game, don't you know - he was an assistant coach at Richmond 20 years ago!!

Here he is missing a target from 10 metres out

david-king-the-assistant-coach-of-the-tigers-kicks-during-a-richmond-tigers-afl-training.jpg

There's a reason why he never got another job in coaching. Brilliant minds like Kingy's need to be protected, and so talk-back radio was the place to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be so sure, kInGy has an impeccable eye for the game, don't you know - he was an assistant coach at Richmond 20 years ago!!

Here he is missing a target from 10 metres out

david-king-the-assistant-coach-of-the-tigers-kicks-during-a-richmond-tigers-afl-training.jpg

There's a reason why he never got another job in coaching. Brilliant minds like Kingy's need to be protected, and so talk-back radio was the place to go.
I genuinely think he thinks he’s a phd in mathematics because he reads numbers off a sheet 🤣🤣

I genuinely think he thinks he’s a phd in mathematics because he reads numbers off a sheet 🤣🤣
I always get a kick out of Fox Footy giving these guys the "expert analyst" title. They just ask Champion Data to cough up some numbers for their talking points, and then all they do is rattle them off lol.

Gee it would be bloody great to have someone with actual knowledge sit in on commentary and explain to the viewer what the teams are trying to accomplish tactically. If you watch NFL then you'd know two former players - Greg Olsen and Tony Romo - have gone viral for some of their in-game breakdowns of situational tactics and reading of and then explaining the strategy behind what the teams are doing at any given moment.

Our broadcast teams are just another facet of the AFL boys club, jobs for mates. If they didn't have CD to rattle off quirky stats I think they'd be stuffed.

And sunk the boots into Carlton as well. If they miss finals and we make it, I'll forgive all that smiting the footy gods have done to us.
I'll be alright with Carlton getting into the eight and us missing out this year, on the proviso that we get at least one premiership in the next 4 years whereas they never get more than a random semi final

Ross’s calf is only sore from the effort of lugging around his truly Herculean phallus…

It would tax any man dragging that weight around.
Probably explains the bump in his kicking action.

The reviews certainly painted the picture that he had improved his impact. I'm not swayed by high possessions if the quality isn't also there, so I'd prefer 20 of quality if tge player is doing the other things right too.
I rate Leo off what I've seen and l hope we hang on to him. Sinclair mk2 IMO.
Leo's distance running may be under par, but his acceleration is elite from memory. He's got some really nice traits for offensive football, I hope he can just do enough defensively to get a start. Was listed as emergency last week against the Bombers, wasn't he?

People have to chill out about what people say in the media , some guy that doesn't follow the club wouldn't know jack sh/t about how good we are.
As I have said the start of the season might be a bit rough but by the half way mark I fully expecting to be firing.

With King , Hayes , Billings , Coffield back with in the first 6 games will add fire power some team don't have and in the mean while we are getting games into players who would not of had a run in the seniors.

I always get a kick out of Fox Footy giving these guys the "expert analyst" title. They just ask Champion Data to cough up some numbers for their talking points, and then all they do is rattle them off lol.

Gee it would be bloody great to have someone with actual knowledge sit in on commentary and explain to the viewer what the teams are trying to accomplish tactically. If you watch NFL then you'd know two former players - Greg Olsen and Tony Romo - have gone viral for some of their in-game breakdowns of situational tactics and reading of and then explaining the strategy behind what the teams are doing at any given moment.

Our broadcast teams are just another facet of the AFL boys club, jobs for mates. If they didn't have CD to rattle off quirky stats I think they'd be stuffed.
The most interesting and informative analyst was Ross Lyon…so glad he’s back!
Can’t wait for his press conferences!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back