Preview Round 6, 2023: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 23rd April, 3:20PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 57 77.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caminiti will probably miss at least 3 so need to learn to structure without him. The things he has brought to the side are drawing the best defender, creating a contest and spilling the ball to the ground, as well as presenting up the ground sometimes. Plus a few nice marks and goals. He's not G-Train though. It's not like we are losing our best forward.

Membrey can obviously play the lead-up role very well so we've got that covered.

The decision is whether we still need a bigger guy to take the hits and spill the ball in the F50 to cover Caminiti (which Membrey doesn't do). In my view we do, and so it's either Cordy stays in and plays FF or we roll the dice on the Marshall/Campbell combo.

My preference is to stick with Cordy given he knows the structure and has played a decent amount of footy as a forward. Marshall hasn't ever shown he can do a lot as a forward and we would be giving away some of our mobility if we played him and Campbell.

Toss the coin on sub between Bytel and Windhager. I would like to see Bytel actually get a full game.
I don't think we have learned to structure with him lol

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So he was an emerg but not named as an emerg?

Not making sense imo
They take a group interstate in the small chance that there's multiple changes (team flu for instance)

Crikey maybe he is close
Thought theyd be some reserves first
Yeah I thought he would have to perform in VFL first but it's a sign that he could play earlier than most of us thought.

We need talls now that Caminiti will be out too, along with the fact Carlton have the two rucks. Seems like there's a few things going his way to make his debut.

I don't think that's true. We are much more professional this year. Steele could've come with the group but they told him to stay in Melbourne and train. Keeler would be coming with the team for a football purpose only, I'm sure of it.
Highly doubt that, reckon he went cause he's a SA lad. I'm sure of it.

If he’s fit, would brining Keeler in be disastrous? Caminiti came in with no AFL or VFL experience. Yes he’s a few years older, but would his mobility make him a more useful versatile tall than Cordy?
Saw Keeler at training last week
He isn’t ready to play afl football
Not with the running expected
Would be surprised if he played at all this year

But Alison did say he had a run for the first time last week, would be good to see how he goes again for sandy.

Has Cordy really been that bad? I think yesterday a lot of players had a mare so prepared to give the benefit of the doubt to a few. But he’s actually been rather serviceable.

Wholesale changes surely not required. I like the message about backing them to learn from mistakes - members for hammer should be it imo
Cordy spent most of last week removing Collins from the contest
It’s a sacrifice role, he does it well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They take a group interstate in the small chance that there's multiple changes (team flu for instance)
Would also make sense to take a young player back home as well as get the experience of travelling with the team, even if he wasn’t going to play.

Random thought but maybe its better to drop Cordy back in defense this week and allow Cal more freedom to attack. We've done ok with a small forward lind thus far and the Scum seem determined to bomb into the f50.

Random thought but maybe its better to drop Cordy back in defense this week and allow Cal more freedom to attack. We've done ok with a small forward lind thus far and the Scum seem determined to bomb into the f50.
Think we’ll need our best defender against the 2 Blues forwards.

Would also make sense to take a young player back home as well as get the experience of travelling with the team, even if he wasn’t going to play.
If RTB has told the captain of the club he isn't travelling with the team then Keeler would've been there purely for football reasons.

If RTB has told the captain of the club he isn't travelling with the team then Keeler would've been there purely for football reasons.
No need for Steele to go when Wilkie is the stand in captain.
We were all concerned that NAS was going to go home bc of homesickness.
I think the club would have felt why not get the youngster home for an experience when both Pou and NAS were going.

Its exactly what I would have done with a young player from interstate; looking after their well-being as well.

I don't think that Cordy has been "bad" at what he has done this year, but he has been playing a role that trots him down the path of lower impact.
If he was dropped for this one, it really wouldn't matter as they would believe they have someone else that can either do his role, or something different that will provide more value.

If Hammer gets a month, which seems likely, then surely he would be undertaking a mini preseason.

Skunk straight in. Will be better for the run at TBBO. Horrendous conditions on Sunday. He just needed the run.
Steele straight in. Loath to drop Windhager, even to the sub.
Cordy probably stays just for balance which may push Bytel out.

Unless Gresh gets the real rocket.

No need for Steele to go when Wilkie is the stand in captain.
We were all concerned that NAS was going to go home bc of homesickness.
I think the club would have felt why not get the youngster home for an experience when both Pou and NAS were going.

Its exactly what I would have done with a young player from interstate; looking after their well-being as well.
You'd be right however the club was originally planning on Steele going and then decided there was no point and to keep him in Melbourne to train. Similarly with Keeler, no point for him to travel with the group unless he was backup in case of emergency, in which case I believe he was. As if a club with Ross Lyon as head coach is going to take Keeler out of playing in the VFL side for that. We've got a bunch of guys from SA, guys like Hayes would be in the same boat yet didn't make the trip either.

Not to mention SA is a short flight over and these things are planned during the year with the players, like how Hill and Ryder went to WA/SA last year. If Keeler wasn't available at any level on the weekend then I can see how it would make sense that he visits family but he could've played VFL on the weekend and didn't.

Who's running the Rising Star nonsense again?

Max Michalaney had a solid game for a young bloke playing across half back with 10disp 4 tackles and 4 intercept disp. Phillipou 19disp as a Mid/For with 1g & 1ga..! They will say "ohhh its a bild up of performance" well I'm afraid I have to award that contest to phillipou as well. Moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back