Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if he can get himself even fitter. Has the talent, toughness and footy IQ to be a very influential HBF for a long time.
There was some early days Dan Houston in tonight's performance.
Williams keeps that going and there's a future there.

There was some early days Dan Houston in tonight's performance.
Williams keeps that going and there's a future there.
Just needs more tank and a bit more acceleration.

The young ones, line through Teakle, Lord questionable.

Even our kick in strategy was more imaginative tonight. Some clever half distance kicks to classy users who either hit a target or put the ball two kicks away from defence. Burton, Houston, William's, McKenzie. Bergman has a damaging long penetrating kick too.

Didn’t see that coming

Great great great win.. against the odds

I’m sick of this umpiring.. hinkley needs to say something.. that was almost cheating.

Dixon huge on 1 leg
JHF unbelievable
Rozee and butter great
Williams/Houston played well..
And we played one short.. teakle
Must never play again. He is the worst footballer I’ve seen.. plays in quick sand
we dont need Hinkley to call out the umpires ..

the supporters can do that :)

anyone know where banners can be made ..

here is a couple that could be made (to stick it to the umpires & AFL)

Attachments

• signs calling out umpires 1.jpg
    signs calling out umpires 1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 80
  • signs calling out umpires.jpg
    signs calling out umpires.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 80
I do wonder how what Lyon will do if the Saints lose a few games. That press conference was a little arcane. Maybe it's his way of throwing the media off. Either that or the hinges are getting a bit loose.

I cannot fathom the people who said Williams was bad? He was immense. Huge meters Gained 94% efficiency and dominated a great small forward who has carved a few teams up this year. Was in our best 4 players.

Burgoyne will be dropped for Jonas and I think at the moment even Jonas is better than Burgoyne.
Williams like Lord has gone to a private gym .. .to give him
more change to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken sticking up for players, showing emotion, coaching to his strengths on the bench and calling out the umpires. Why has it needed to get to the point of tredrea calling him out 11 years in for him to do this stuff?
His priority is to survive the coaching game. He now knows he has to change to survive. Being great mates & a father figure to the players is no longer enuf for him to survive.

That was not a surprising win.

Even early we were not even close to being outplayed, just outscored. Once we started scoring we were always in control.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I disagree. We weren’t having trouble finding the ball, but we struggled to move it. That’s why we couldn’t score.

On the other hand, they were scoring because they were finding space.

Once we closed the space and began to use the ball properly, we took control. Yet, we’ve failed to put the game away.

In the end, however, they started to play poorly. Even with the score tight, we seemed to have the game in the bag.

Still, it was dangerous.

Hey, I just thought you had some good material, and was appropriately laugh reacting. Apologies if you misinterpreted.

gbear is great. Her sense of humor is awesome. But there are people unable to handle it. If you can, it’s all good sport.

JHF haters EAD

If you annoy the opposition, you are doing fine. All they throw at you, it should sound as music in your ears.

Still sack him

Create history by sacking a premiership winning coach, why not
Sky Atlantic What GIF by Domina Series

Holden da boll moit

It was a close call. Watch the video. I’m not going to be mad about that one.

Teakle stays with the play, problem is he has no smarts. Doesn't matter who the other team puts in the ruck, they will generally find a way to beat him.

Even Mitch Owens, 19 years old, 191cms, had 7 hitouts and looked dangerous rucking up forward.
On a side note, Mitch Owens is a special talent. Like a 19 yr old Asian Kouta. He’ll be a powerhouse once he hits that mid 20’s 100 game mark.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. That is now four games this season we have been behind by a decent amount at some point in the game and fought back to win.

It isn’t pretty but there is a resilience I haven’t seen in a long time. The pressure we applied after quarter time was incredible. Never gave the Saints time to settle into their rhythm and showed enormous maturity in the last as they came hard, particularly early.

Keep in mind that we are down to one fit permanent KPF at the moment - who is more or less a rookie. And yet we still scored more against the Saints than any other team this season.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think Hinkley’s time is up at the end of the season. And I expect to be bitterly disappointed before year end. But there is no doubt that the combination of the pressure applied by Tredrea and the players’ genuine love for the coach has lit a fire under the team.

Two other observations. First, I really think Houston should be the next captain. He is averaging 18 pressure acts a game and his ability to execute under pressure is phenomenal. That kick to Dixon after JHF’s incredible pass to open up the corridor probably wins us the game.

Second, coaching from the dugout really suits Hinkley. There were a few times the camera cut away to him offering guidance to players, allowing him to utilise his most important skill. Precisely what Carr and the other line coaches are doing on game day and what Hinkley is doing is hard to tell. But for now it is working.

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone. That is now four games this season we have been behind by a decent amount at some point in the game and fought back to win.

It isn’t pretty but there is a resilience I haven’t seen in a long time. The pressure we applied after quarter time was incredible. Never gave the Saints time to settle into their rhythm and showed enormous maturity in the last as they came hard, particularly early.

Keep in mind that we are down to one fit permanent KPF at the moment - who is more or less a rookie. And yet we still scored more against the Saints than any other team this season.

Don’t get me wrong, I still think Hinkley’s time is up at the end of the season. And I expect to be bitterly disappointed before year end. But there is no doubt that the combination of the pressure applied by Tredrea and the players’ genuine love for the coach has lit a fire under the team.

Two other observations. First, I really think Houston should be the next captain. He is averaging 18 pressure acts a game and his ability to execute under pressure is phenomenal. That kick to Dixon after JHF’s incredible pass to open up the corridor probably wins us the game.

Second, coaching from the dugout really suits Hinkley. There were a few times the camera cut away to him offering guidance to players, allowing him to utilise his most important skill. Precisely what Carr and the other line coaches are doing on game day and what Hinkley is doing is hard to tell. But for now it is working.

Ken Hinkley is getting carried by Jason Horne Francis. Without Jason we haven't won a game this season.

St Kilda always find a way to give us important wins. Could that be the start of something?

Great, hard fought win against a quality opponent.

JHF could literally end his career as the GOAT if he keeps this trajectory. Unbelievable stuff. Connor and Butters both great too.

On the negative the umpiring was blatant outright cheating. In the last 5 minutes the umpires seemed to get more and more desperate, giving St Kilda multiple frees that should have gone to Port players. Another game where Id guess there was money involved and an attempt to rig it against us. The commentating was absolute rock bottom saints fans too, appalling stuff.

Great to have the world against us and overcome though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port defeat Umpires + Saints by 7 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Back