Preview Round 7 - Saint Kilda Rory Riley Bongers vs Keninly Foodbowl Cwub; April 26th Changes & Preview Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got shot down for suggesting that Soldo wasn’t 100% last week which explained why we played two rucks and why Soldo was mostly in the forward line.
If Soldo wasn't 100% we shouldn't have played him at all.

Sweet will be serviceable. The big problem last week was the midfield going completely missing after quarter time which can’t be blamed solely on sweet
Butters didnt have a clearance in the first quarter (same for Sweet, Rozee, Drew, Wines), it was all intercept rebound stuff. Sweet got destroyed from the first bounce.

At end second quarter the Collingwood players imo were looking at each other and almost smirking as they went in for the break. Our players cannot turn that moment around except by responding strongly this week Our captain needs too lead this.

Our players

If Soldo wasn't 100% we shouldn't have played him at all.
if, if, if he carried a knee injury he would not have been able to jump.
I for one am glad we are bringing in new rucks; who knows maybe Dante in an inclusions for this week.

How has Sweet already dropped below Hayes levels on this board. Sweet’s stats were similar to Hayes in a SANFL game except for the 6 tackles. I walked out of the ground as negative and angry as anyone. Was pissed at the 2 ruck strategy, pissed that when the game was slipping Soldo was left down in the goal square. But there were atleast 8 senior players I was more disappointed in then Sweet last week. Give the kid a chance!
How has this 26 year old dropped below that 24 year old's level on this board.

Give the 26 year old kid a chance!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness I need to see more than one game before I put a line through Sweet hopefully he'll adapt a bit with a few games, his ruck work just needs to be adequate I basically don't care if he doesn't touch the ball away from ruck contests.

On another note it's probably crazy that people/media think a new look defence is gonna gel in one season, it's a work in progress with one being a dopey project KPD.

At end second quarter the Collingwood players imo were looking at each other and almost smirking as they went in for the break. Our players cannot turn that moment around except by responding strongly this week Our captain needs too lead this.

Our players
BOTTOM LICKER of KEN

I actually think Sweets tap work is ok.

I don't know that he has a huge presence in terms of a big body, or great positioning beyond that.

Willing to give him a go beyond one game before I bang into him.

Lots of things worry me about our defence in particular, AA two touch hands, his and Rats positioning, smalls aren't great defenders of smalls, Farrell is not a natural defender although better this year.

What worries me the most defensively though is we almost exclusively are reactive.

It's like it's stick to the game plan exclusively and forget to football. So many times the footy brain says do X and our players do Y.

Soldo out for q month it seems.

Will have arthroscopic surgery tomorrow after damaging a lateral meniscus in his left knee last week.

Sweet (FA?) is what we have to lead our ruck for the month of May.

They also proved it to a national audience.

The criticism levelled at Hinkley and the team's way is long overdue.

And the learnings of how we fold up show and wilt will take a while to undo I fear.

A change in coach will atleast out a new edge in the place, that’s the problem, it’s all so dull and steady as she goes.

It a Navy junior sailors ceremonial uniform.

I would have inverted the colours, white with a blue bib is the summer ceremonial uniform, ANZAC day in Sydney is always in the dark blue winter rig (and it’s always bloody hot during the March wearing it). The grey thing above the MG logo is meant to the be neck tie.

On the white summer uniform, there is blue piping around the edges, which is the bottom part.

I agree, it isn’t great. I think South’s have a sponsorship with the Navy, hence the uniform.

View attachment 1969065

I know what it is, it’s ****ing shit is what it is.

Why didn't the Muppets send Soldo for surgery last week? Farkin this club is up the shitter.
hinkley coaches for one thing and that is to save his own rear end its been happening all along. This club is an absolute joke for not getting rid of him years ago. I've been calling for his sacking for seven plus years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back