Preview Round 10 v Essendon MCG Saturday May 20th 7.40pm - Will The Streak Survive

Remove this Banner Ad

Can already see what is going to happen on Saturday. Ryan will be regulated to being just a forward and won't get much ruck time and will end up with a little impact on the game then will be dropped for the next week which just isn't the right move.

Hope I am wrong and Nank and Ryan work as well as Soldo and Nank did at the end of 19.

Ryan is definitely not going anywhere whilst Lynch is injured.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Brace Yourself Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Nick Foot (2), Matt Stevic (9), Robert O'Gorman (10), Andrew Heffernan (29)
Foot & Stevic will be running the fat side Wings.

Miller is a great player to retain on our list forever. He’s a capable back up ruck. A capable KPD. A big body to plonk down forward. And will be cheap his entire career as will attract no interest from elsewhere. He’s the ultimate back-up key position player to have on the list.

He’s not good enough to be ‘best-22’, but he’ll end up carving out a 125-game, 12-year career.

You can’t underestimate the value of being able to pay ‘warm bodies’ on your list that have some value, bottom dollar to keep the lion’s share of salary cap for others.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Chol says hi. GCS are always willing to pay overs for a matured body big bloke.

Have all you campaigners above forgotten how good Ryan has been in the ruck. I heard some crazy stat that we have had the most hitouts to advantage during the time he has been rucking than we ever have since Dimma has been coaching. It's no coincidence that has been a big reason for our uptick in performance.

This guy gets it. Not even just forward, get him to play the Max Gawn role. Stick him a kick away from the footy so that Essendon have to think twice about just going long at every opportunity. Nank is a great intercept mark.

This guy still gets it.

Taking number one ruck away from Samson would be idiotic. Sounds over the top but why change a good thing. Nank can play Miller's role last week, a lot better than Miller can.
Yeah I know the stats, the club thinks differently though. We aren't bringing Nank back to play forward.
Just saying

I'm happy for Dow to get plenty of chances to see if he can cut it in the seniors so club can decide what to do with regards to signing him, rookie list, trade, de-list. But he hasn't played for a few weeks now and the club was sketchy about his injury. He wasn't mentioned in any injury reports just that he wasn't playing due to injury. I'd hate to see the kid set up to fail. Would've been nice if they rewarded him a month ago when he was in form and we had 14 injuries. Here's hoping he makes a fist of it cos we can't afford to lose another 1st rounder to suburban footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy for Dow to get plenty of chances to see if he can cut it in the seniors so club can decide what to do with regards to signing him, rookie list, trade, de-list. But he hasn't played for a few weeks now and the club was sketchy about his injury. He wasn't mentioned in any injury reports just that he wasn't playing due to injury. I'd hate to see the kid set up to fail. Would've been nice if they rewarded him a month ago when he was in form and we had 14 injuries. Here's hoping he makes a fist of it cos we can't afford to lose another 1st rounder to suburban footy.
His 'injury' was probably illness given he trained all week before and after last week's game.

Can already see what is going to happen on Saturday. Ryan will be regulated to being just a forward and won't get much ruck time and will end up with a little impact on the game then will be dropped for the next week which just isn't the right move.

Hope I am wrong and Nank and Ryan work as well as Soldo and Nank did at the end of 19.
I hope they have the sense to get Ryan to do most of the centre bounces where he can use his height and Nank to bash and crash at the stoppages around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 10 v Essendon MCG Saturday May 20th 7.40pm - Will The Streak Survive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back